1pmThursday

November
Daps
Props to everyone on the advice...I actually dropped by Staples a little earlier so that I could at least play with a 7 inch tablet and get a feel for the typing. It seems like something that I might have to get myself used to because my thumbs had a hard time finding the space bar when writing full sentences.

I use my iPad far more frequently than I use my laptop, and making a post even this long seems like it might be a struggle for me on a 7 inch screen, so I'm thinking that I might just make due with a HP Touchpad for the size factor within the next few days, and if I have some extra cash before summer is over, drop the $200 on a Nex-7 (or sell my iPad/trade it in for a Nex-7 so I can have two Android tablets to play with).

ICS and Jellybean have really sold me on Google in amazing ways. Back in 09, I repped Jobs Gang to the fullest, but ever since November 2011 when they dropped ICS, I couldn't look at iOS in the same way and iOS6 doesn't inspire me at all as a tech head.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Props to everyone on the advice...I actually dropped by Staples a little earlier so that I could at least play with a 7 inch tablet and get a feel for the typing. It seems like something that I might have to get myself used to because my thumbs had a hard time finding the space bar when writing full sentences.

I use my iPad far more frequently than I use my laptop, and making a post even this long seems like it might be a struggle for me on a 7 inch screen, so I'm thinking that I might just make due with a HP Touchpad for the size factor within the next few days, and if I have some extra cash before summer is over, drop the $200 on a Nex-7 (or sell my iPad/trade it in for a Nex-7 so I can have two Android tablets to play with).

ICS and Jellybean have really sold me on Google in amazing ways. Back in 09, I repped Jobs Gang to the fullest, but ever since November 2011 when they dropped ICS, I couldn't look at iOS in the same way and iOS6 doesn't inspire me at all as a tech head.

if you want a tablet dont get the TP right now there are many other android tablets you can find for cheap online , trust me the TP is a good machine once it does have ICS on it but your gonna feel limited to a ceartin extent and resale value is low on them

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
if you want a tablet dont get the TP right now there are many other android tablets you can find for cheap online , trust me the TP is a good machine once it does have ICS on it but your gonna feel limited to a ceartin extent and resale value is low on them

For 150 which 10in Android Tablet is fukking with the TouchPad?

And what's limited about it on ICS? Only thing that is off for me is viewing embedded youtube videos from the browser (it's all good in the app though).

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Whenever there's a new version of Android, Steve Kondik and the CyanogenMod team tend to swing into action almost immediately with plans for a major revision of the fan-favorite platform overhaul. For Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, that swing will be faster than ever. The crew's early looks suggest that there will only be a few minor tweaks needed to merge Google's latest with the custom Android code, making CyanogenMod 10 a relative snap to produce. The update's release is still very much up in the air without the Android Open Source Project code available to modify; that said, device compatibility also isn't expected to be an obstacle. Any device that can run CyanogenMod 9 should run version 10 when it's released. As long as we're willing to wait for a stable 9.0 to emerge first, there are few barriers to making Jelly Bean that much sweeter.

CyanogenMod plans a quick leap to Jelly Bean for version 10, existing devices likely to tag along - Engadget

:ahh:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So apparently motoblur doesnt suck anymore

Call it a response to customer feedback. Call it a result of the Google acquisition. Perhaps it was a long-planned change in strategy. Whatever it was that sparked a flame under Motorola's UI designers, it seems to have done the trick -- this is the first time we've been wowed by the company's Android UI. It feels like we're using an Ice Cream Sandwich device, and that's the highest compliment we can give. It's delectably light and is shaping up to be one of our favorite skins yet. It's unfortunate it didn't drop until after Jelly Bean was announced, but we're at least happy that our long wait wasn't rewarded with a dud.

Motorola ICS UI review: this isn't the Blur we used to know -- Engadget

Ive always been a fan of there hardware, the atrix and the new razr are both solid phones and the new atrix hd lookin beastly too

quad-band EDGE, quad-band HSPA+ and dual-band LTE. It has a 1780 mAh battery, 8MP rear camera, 1GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage (up to 32GB external) and measures 8.4mm thick. The construction is as you'd expect, with Gorilla Glass and Kevlar fused to make the "business ready" handset, while the Atrix 2's Lapdock 100 is listed as an accessory.

Motorola Atrix HD revealed with 4.5-inch Colorboost HD display, ICS and Droid RAZR looks -- Engadget

Tha Snowman

Rookie
Daps
My S3 showed up today :youngsabo:

Mine too. Honestly, I have mixed feelings on it. It's a beautiful device and is loaded with nice features. And it's damn fluid. Screen looks better than the nexus imho, even though they should be the same. But I'm hating the home button. I don't think I can do it after having customizable on screen buttons. Back on the nexus, selling the S3. Waiting for the next nexus.
:yeshrug:

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok

On the 7inch tab was you trying to type in landscape or vertical mode? Because with a 7inch its vastly easier to type in vertical mode in fact you will use it mostly that way. Multimedia will be the only use for it in landscape mode.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mine too. Honestly, I have mixed feelings on it. It's a beautiful device and is loaded with nice features. And it's damn fluid. Screen looks better than the nexus imho, even though they should be the same. But I'm hating the home button. I don't think I can do it after having customizable on screen buttons. Back on the nexus, selling the S3. Waiting for the next nexus.
:yeshrug:

Yep this home button is kinda weird. Overall the phone is better than the Nexus at pretty much everything. The only negative is this horrible UI

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps

I use Thumb Keyboard on my tablet...much better than any other one I've used... I have a touchpad and rarely have to move my hands across the screen.... plus. You can add shortcuts to the top row

Hers a screenshot ... I have easy access to the space bar from both thumbs ....
qOpNL.png