1pmThursday

November
Daps
Looking for some advice on a future purchase, or a what would you do: HP Touchpad for at the most $150 running a mod of ICS (and probably Jelly Bean when devs get their hands on that), or go for the Nexus 7 with guaranteed updates directly from Google for $200 ($250 if I get the high end model)?

I'm dropping iOS (ironically posting from an iPad right now), but I've never really fukked with a 7 inch tablet. I primarily browse websites, watch videos, and listen to my music on Amazon and Google Music/Play, so how does it feel going from a roughly 10 inch screen to a 7 inch - is it negligible, or am I better off rolling with a Touchpad in terms of viewing experience?

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Be careful with google wallet prepaid cards brehs, apparently you can't use it online

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Looking for some advice on a future purchase, or a what would you do: HP Touchpad for at the most $150 running a mod of ICS (and probably Jelly Bean when devs get their hands on that), or go for the Nexus 7 with guaranteed updates directly from Google for $200 ($250 if I get the high end model)?

I'm dropping iOS (ironically posting from an iPad right now), but I've never really fukked with a 7 inch tablet. I primarily browse websites, watch videos, and listen to my music on Amazon and Google Music/Play, so how does it feel going from a roughly 10 inch screen to a 7 inch - is it negligible, or am I better off rolling with a Touchpad in terms of viewing experience?

I would wait for the inevitable 10inch model personally.

I have the TouchPad which currently has ICS on it, and it's a STEAL for what they were selling for. Runs the OS damn near flawless. I haven't been up on the updates for it, does anybody know if JB will drop for this thing?

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Don't know if it was suggested here bit RocketPlayer is really nice for a music app. Also JetAudio is another nice one geared for a lot of effects.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
its not meant to be used online :wtf:
why limit anything? it doesnt make sense.

Also, for you dudes wanting to buy something...make sure you select credit. It wont take it as "debit" for whatever reason. At least at Meijer thats the way it works, girl looked at me like :usure: because she did not believe it would work.

Then when I tried credit it went through, she was like :gladbron: and I walked out with my shyt.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Go with Nexus 7 because of the updates and specs and a nex 7 is only $50 more than what you would be paying for a used slower spec wise TP , the size really depends on you , i have the Touchpad running ICS and to be honest it might just be the weight but 10in is a bit to big for me personally, wouldn't imagin sittin there and watch even a 45min show with in my hands , the TP getting jelly bean anytime soon might be a long shot , but eventually i could see it happen