Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Carné Asada;2634188 said:
Yep, just 100 minutes. Perfect for me. Has anyone tethered on this via root? I heard tmobile blocks your stuff?

foxfi is the best but not working for me. 1 click tether works. No root needed for either

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
aye shout out to @Rohiggidy for putting me on to this [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Echo-Logico-Retro-Handset-Packaging/dp/B007TSRFX6/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1355631603&sr=1-1&keywords=3.5mm+phone+handset]Amazon.com: Echo Logico Retro Handset - Soft Touch - Wired Headsets - Retail Packaging - Black (ELO - BLK - ST): Electronics[/ame]

shyt is :blessed: got my laptop looking like a house phone , shyts def. going to save me some mintues, working on finding the best solution to make VOIP from my nexus 7 next

Last edited by a moderator:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I'm eating through this data brehs! 400mb in a day... I gotta cut down somehow but the shyt is so fast....:bryan:

This nexus 4 is just :ohhh:

If you use the web browser a lot I suggest Opera Mini to save on web data usage.

Here's my example of how much I saved in about a week.

bHiu4.png

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Probably not. Opera Mini completely compresses your webpages, which in turn you'll render pages in less than three seconds 98% of the time. Think of it as sending snapshots of Web pages with clickable links.

Opera Mobile on the other hand is a full fledged browser, like Chrome, with an added bonus of being able to compress images to reduce size. It still does a good chunk of saving data.

Try it out and see if you like it.

Mac071415

Go spurs
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Lol at people being late to the opera mini party. Smh. You dudes with data caps invest in it. Lol. Been using it since 06. On a dam flip phone. Now that im with sprint I don't have to worry about caps.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Rich Spirit

#LeveledUp
Daps
Reppin
houston.
I need a case or a bumper asap...hate this time of year..can't order shyt
Here's a Bumper Case from Poetic for the Nexus 4. Its in stock at the moment.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AG0D52O/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=thecoli-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00AG0D52O"]Amazon.com: Poetic Borderline Bumper case for Google Nexus 4 Smart Phone E960 LG Black/Gray(3 Year Warranty from Poetic): Computers & Accessories[/ame]

Also a Poetic Atmosphere case for the Nexus 4. It'll be in stock Dec. 30th.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AG0D4BQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=thecoli-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00AG0D4BQ"]Amazon.com: Poetic Atmosphere Case for Google Nexus 4 Smart Phone E960 LG Clear/Gray(3 Year Warranty from Poetic): Computers & Accessories[/ame]

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Google Nexus 7 - How To Send Text Messages and Make Phone Calls

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrUL31DfGrM[/ame]

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
How to extend Battery Life

People own smartphones but arent smart on how they use their phones. They use their phone as a mobile computer more than they do as an actual phones. From taking pics all day to recording videos (battery killer). I see so many complaints about non-issues and battery life is one of them. Its fun to see people whine about battery life when the solution is the same no matter which platform you use. IOS, windows or android. The solution remains the same. Turn off notifications because it wakes up the phone. Go into the app go to settings then notification it has a time interval ranging from 10 minues to 4 hours. 4 hours is cool but if u are not on twitter but for a few minutes a day turn it off completely. Do it for the other apps also. Disable Google currents if you dont use it. Disable all the bloatware if you dont use them. Place the power control widget on your home screen so you can easily toggle sync and gps off. Only Wifi should be on and turn it off once you leave the wifi area. If your brightness level is at 100% guess what your battery will drain quickly. Keep it at 35% or depending on your comfort level. The brighter the more power being used. White or clear wallpaper will drain the battery vs dark backgrounds. Push notification are cool but it hammer your battery. Turn off background syncing in apps you dont use or turn it off universally ex. Twitter, Facebook, Gmail, instant messengers. Anything that you allow your phone to do automatically is bad for battery life. Most people are too lazy to manually refresh stuff so there that goes. G+ notification =1% battery life gone. One Gmail notification= 1% battery life gone. Now imagine what that will do over a 8 hour period. Do you need gmail pulling notification all day?? and last but not least turn off GPS. Turn on GPS when you need it. If you are in a area with no signal or poor signal put the phone in airplane mode ex. airplanes, trains, subways, work, hospitals etc. Turn on airplane mode then turn on Wifi. You will be able to conserve 50% of your battery life. The battery will drain super fast searching for signal. Its the culprit of most peoples problem yet they blame the phone they have. You have 1 bar and it goes in and out from 0 to 1 guess what your battery is taking a beating. Your phone will become HOT because of the work its doing. Your battery life will increase if you follow what I said but of course you wont because you buy the phone to use all these features even when you are inside a building with no signal. If you watch Take pics, record videos, HD videos, movies, listen to music all day, Use GPS, use google now, play ingress, play angry bird, etc guess what your screen is on constantly. There is a reason you leave your lap top plugged into a socket. There is a reason you keep your PC plugged in. Phones have the internals of a high power PC. 5 hrs of high power use is accurate...its not bad battery life its we are using the phone for everything. How often do you use your pc or lap top or tablet compare to your phone?? treat the phone like a lap top not a tablet. charge your phone overnight with the screen turned off. WHY?? because when it charging your phone is still receiving notifications waking it up. Well it depends some people need to have their phone on at all times. This depends on the person.

install this app and do a screenshot after a few days
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5nc2FtbGFicy5iYm0iXQ..
Collapse this post

Another one
Tips on charging and getting the best battery life from your phone

(If I missed anything important or said something incorrect, please let me know and I’ll make the necessary changes.)

Over the past few weeks, I’ve seen MANY posts regarding efficient battery usage and charging the Nexus 4, so I thought I’d write up this small guide to have all or most of the relevant information you might be curious about in one place. Obviously, I’m writing this with the Nexus 4 in mind, but most of it will apply to most other devices.

Your Nexus 4 comes with a lithium-ion polymer battery (li-po.) It’s very similar to lithium-ion (li-on) batteries which you find in most electronic devices.

• Is there a “memory effect?”
- No. The “memory effect” issue is largely specific to nickel-cadmium batteries (Ni-cad.)

• When I take the phone out of the box, should I drain it before charging or charge up completely?
- Doesn’t matter. Your phone calibrates the battery gradually after a few charge/discharge cycles. The very first charge/discharge will not affect this in any significant way whatsoever.

• My phone is only charging to 99%. What’s wrong here?
- Nothing at all. This is very common. As the phone approaches 100%, it starts to charge at a MUCH slower rate to prevent overcharging. You can confirm this yourself by using one of the myriad of battery monitoring apps in the Play Store. You’ll see that when the phone is at a lower capacity, it will charge much faster. For most of the charge, the phone will be charging at a rate of +600 – 800 mA or more. But as it gets to 90% or higher, you’ll notice the charge rate dropping significantly, and by the time it gets to 99%, it can easily be charging at +50 mA. If you wait long enough, it will reach 100% and indicate “Charged.” But fully charging or discharging li-on batteries is usually not recommended.

• Should I use my phone until it’s completely dead before charging?
- Definitely not. It is strongly recommended to not let li-on and li-po batteries drain completely. There are safeguards in place to prevent this where the phone will shut down before any damage can be caused. Your phone will tell you that it’s time to recharge when it gets to 14%.

• Is wireless charging slower than charging from the wall?
- Common misconception, but no. You’ll here that wireless charging is less efficient than charging from the wall and this is true. Your wall charger operates at 5V 1amp, but to compensate for the loss of efficiency, wireless chargers use a higher voltage at 1amp (around 12V.) This doesn't make it more efficient, it just pushes current at a greater ‘force’ to your device than the wall charger does, effectively charging at a similar rate as the wall charger at a lower voltage.

• What can I do to increase usage time between charges?
- A lot! (depending on what services / features you can spare to disable)
 Mobile data vs. wifi: if you’re at home / school / office where there is a steady wifi connection, use it! Wifi uses significantly less amount of energy and is usually just as fast as or faster than mobile data.

 2G Only mode: if you’re in a situation where you really don’t need data (like when you’re sleeping), putting your phone in 2G only mode can make a HUGE difference in battery life. 3G / 4G / LTE all use way more battery than 2G.

 Manual brightness control: in my experience, auto-brightness levels are usually higher than what I find necessary in any situation. This might be subjective to some, but it’s worth a shot, since the LCD typically uses most of the battery. In the display controls, you have the option to set when the screen turns off after inactivity. By default, it’s set to 30 seconds, but if you think 15 seconds wouldn’t be an issue / annoying, it could help a bit with the battery.

 Only sync things you actually need: by default, when you add your Google account to the phone, it automatically syncs Gmail, Google Drive, contacts, calendar, photos, Play Books, Google+ (if you have it logged in), Instant Upload, and Sound Search. If you do not need all of these things to sync, disable the ones you don’t use.

 Location services: these drain the battery largely when apps use them (which you can control.) See below.

 Google Now: after recent update for Google Search, we learned that Google Now will intermittently acquire your location and save it to better serve you in the future. This can result in a commonly reported issue where Maps was using an unusual amount of battery and users were stumped. This feature can be disabled in the Google Now menus if you don’t need it.

 Goes without saying: If you don’t use Bluetooth, keep it off. Avoid live wallpapers because they keep the processors clocked at a higher speed than necessary (which uses more battery), and if you don’t need the LED flash when you’re taking a picture, disable it. Using LED flashlight apps is also a great way to drain the battery.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
so you're leaving T-Mobile....for T-Mobile?

:ohhh:

:youngsabo: Tmo doesnt have unlimited calls/text + 250mb data (ya i know :scusthov: ) for $40 / month , simple does

am getting raped something bad by tmo right now i pay $90 a month for that ^^^ same exact plan with only 200mb of data

ive slowly weened myself off using heavy data when am not home