NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
These are all just guesses, there are no real numbers back this up. You're on an internet forum surrounded by techies that are hyped over a phone that was made available in limited quantity from the get go. Of course it's gonna seem like it's gonna seem like it's doing numbers, but the reality is the OG is available on 2 major carriers, not supply constrained and actually has TV spots. You can actually walk into a store today a walk out with the phone.

And even if the OG was outselling the N4 2/1 it would take 5-6 Nexus phones to make up the profit of selling one OG, based off assumptions that the N4 is being sold at cost for the 8GB and they're probably making ~$50 on the 16GB model.

you have a point there honestly people i run into everyday only know about the iphone and galaxy s3 and would tell you that android is the best phone compared to an iphone not even realizing it's an operating system.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Samsung is milking the hell out of the s3

nexusae0_Samsung-GALAXY-Grand_thumb.jpg

umm :what: the Galaxy s3 is 4.8in the galaxy note is 5.5 and that other one is 4.0 they don't need any more phones until next year :yeshrug:

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
Well, I'm thinking about getting a stereo for my wife as one of her gifts for Christmas.

I have one with an AUX cable and I would rather just get her something where she doesn't have to plug anything in. So Bluetooth compatibility is all it needs?

It has to support A2DP, but 99% of all modern bluetooth devices does so you should be fine with any/most receiver/stereo purchases.

1. If her car has an aux jack, but doesn't have bluetooth support you can get her one of [ame="http://www.amazon.com/OKEBA-Wireless-Bluetooth-Receiver-Connector/dp/B008HD1GFA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355851712&sr=8-1&keywords=a2dp+car+stereo"]these[/ame], the only down side is that it requires power so it would have connected to the cigarette lighter receptacle... if you don't mind the extra cables then this is a good/cheap route.

2. You can get her one of [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-DEH6400BT-Player-Bluetooth-Control/dp/B006K8X6WA/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1355852285&sr=8-5&keywords=bluetooth+car+stereo"]these[/ame], just pair it once, and every time she gets in the car it'll automatically connect as long as her phone's bluetooth connection is active. May get a little annoying answering phone calls when driving as the call comes through the speakers and you have to disable the bluetooth connection to take the call(that's if she doesn't mind it coming through the speakers), re-enable it again to continue streaming music.

If she has a NFC compatible phone, then you could just get her a few NFC tags. She can place one in the car and just tap it to toggle bluetooth on/off every time she enters/exits the car or answers/hang up the phone.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
New Alleged Photos Surface Of Polaroid's Mirrorless Android Camera With Interchangeable Lenses

nexusae0_polaroidim1836_thumb.jpg

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
My boys nexus cracked (back glass), google is shipping out replacement

they probably got a nice amount stashed in the bushes

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It has to support A2DP, but 99% of all modern bluetooth devices does so you should be fine with any/most receiver/stereo purchases.

1. If her car has an aux jack, but doesn't have bluetooth support you can get her one of these, the only down side is that it requires power so it would have connected to the cigarette lighter receptacle... if you don't mind the extra cables then this is a good/cheap route.

2. You can get her one of these, just pair it once, and every time she gets in the car it'll automatically connect as long as her phone's bluetooth connection is active. May get a little annoying answering phone calls when driving as the call comes through the speakers and you have to disable the bluetooth connection to take the call(that's if she doesn't mind it coming through the speakers), re-enable it again to continue streaming music.

If she has a NFC compatible phone, then you could just get her a few NFC tags. She can place one in the car and just tap it to toggle bluetooth on/off every time she enters/exits the car or answers/hang up the phone.

I'm looking for an adapter that automatically connects but have yet to find one. I was looking at a Belkin but you have to push a button to enable it. I'm not switching out the stock because mofos be robbing for steroes.

Jefe Blanco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
What's up with the wireless charging orb for Nexus 4? Google promoted the hell outta it with the N4 and it's not even out yet.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Brehs somebody put me up on game. What is the purpose of having an android os on a camera?

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
Carné Asada;2589416 said:
I'm looking for an adapter that automatically connects but have yet to find one. I was looking at a Belkin but you have to push a button to enable it. I'm not switching out the stock because mofos be robbing for steroes.

Still? :snoop: I remember the late 90s/early 00s when them shyts were a hot commodity and they came with detachable faces so nikkas would remove the faces every time they parked the car because they didn't want their shyt to get stolen.

Google Music gains scan and match feature in the US

googlemusiclead01.jpg

It wasn't very long ago that Google Music landed in Europe -- to the delight of local music lovers, we're sure. On its trip across the pond, the service gained a unique new feature called scan and match, wherein Google scans your local music library and makes the songs it matches instantly available in the cloud -- no upload required. Until now the feature, which is similar to iTunes Match, was only available in Europe, but it's coming to the US starting today. From now on, any US Google Play users who upload their music collection will benefit from this new feature. Over time, the company will also upgrade users with existing cloud libraries. It's a free service and it's automatic -- you're unlikely to notice that it's even happening.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/18/google-music-gains-scan-and-match-feature-in-the-us/

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Still? :snoop: I remember the late 90s/early 00s when them shyts were a hot commodity and they came with detachable faces so nikkas would remove the faces every time they parked the car because they didn't want their shyt to get stolen.

googlemusiclead01.jpg

yep. People will always try to make a quick buck around here. Plenty of people I know get there shiit took.

Plus, I don't fix up my cars. No rims, no high end stereo, no nothing. Stock stereos are just right for me. Plus, there's no need to spend money on a stereo when mine just works fine. Adding bluetooth for wireless music play is a luxory, but not necessity. Just seeing what's out there.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Ok brehs the job is FINALLY giving your boy a phone...

The phone i truly want is the nexus, but we have plans with verizon and At&t... Not sure which phone to cop with these guys? I dont want the s3 or the note so should i get the One X+?