NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They need to come out with cyanogen mod 10 for the note 2.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
My girl has a S3 and I'm thinking about copping her a galaxy tablet for Xmas. My question is do they compliment each other as well as the iPhone and iPad do?(which is what I have)
Also which tablet should I get her? I've seen a 7 inch tab but it seems those are all sold out now and the Note tablet 10.1 seems to be all I can find.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
My girl has a S3 and I'm thinking about copping her a galaxy tablet for Xmas. My question is do they compliment each other as well as the iPhone and iPad do?(which is what I have)
Also which tablet should I get her? I've seen a 7 inch tab but it seems those are all sold out now and the Note tablet 10.1 seems to be all I can find.

What do you mean compliment each other? The great thing about Android is that all Google Services sync up easily and are easy to use on no matter the device. Even on iOS devices.

But I'm sure the Galaxy line has specific features that you're referring to.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I got to use a 10.1 note this weekend that shyt is really nice, great build quality on it and the OS was smooth, not a bad gift at all

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Little things like taking a pic on either device it automatically goes on the other as well. Only having to download an app once, surfing the web or reading a book. I can put my iPad down and pick up at the exact same spot on my phone. Email being deleted or read, being able to get the same texts from either device as well.

Other than Gmail, my chick doesn't use any google services that I know of. But being able to do the things listed above I know she specifically likes about my combo.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I got to use a 10.1 note this weekend that shyt is really nice, great build quality on it and the OS was smooth, not a bad gift at all

I think I'd end up taking hers. My sis has one and I liked fukking around with that. But what about the 7 inch tabs? I'd prefer the galaxy line but do you think the Nexus would be a better route to go?

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think I'd end up taking hers. My sis has one and I liked fukking around with that. But what about the 7 inch tabs? I'd prefer the galaxy line but do you think the Nexus would be a better route to go?

I have the nexus 7 and i find it much more portable and useful than 10 in tablets and ive used 10in tablets from Acer, Samsung, and HP. Playing games that require both hands on 10in tablets is really no fun after a while, so is watching a movie , or listening to music or anything that requires you holding it in both hands for a long time, they are not lightweight enough yet , although the note 10.1 does better address that issue

Weight aside though main reason to get the Nexus 7 is the updates and the specs , it still pretty much the most powerful android tablet out there , my shyt runs any app i throw at it no problem , that and pure android :ohlawd:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Little things like taking a pic on either device it automatically goes on the other as well. Only having to download an app once, surfing the web or reading a book. I can put my iPad down and pick up at the exact same spot on my phone. Email being deleted or read, being able to get the same texts from either device as well.

Other than Gmail, my chick doesn't use any google services that I know of. But being able to do the things listed above I know she specifically likes about my combo.

You can do that stuff but she would have to start using Google services. I know the G+ app has an instant upload feature where when you take a picture with the device it will throw it into a private photo album for you.

With apps, once you sign into the Play Store with your GMail account you can sync your apps or install them to your devices. I don't think this is simultaneous though. But it is dope using it from the website, as you can see the apps you have on one device and install them on any of your other devices right from the Play Store website.

For texts, she can use the Google Voice app (one of my favorites). She can get all of her voicemails, texts on any device she puts the app on. I love the Chrome extension for it as well. If I'm not by my phone, but I'm on the laptop or tablet, I get all my texts either way, and I can reply to them from where ever. All you need is an internet connect.

Google Chrome for the web browsing will let you sync up your bookmarks/pages. I'm sure other mobile browsers allow this as well, but I use Chrome.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
You can do that stuff but she would have to start using Google services. I know the G+ app has an instant upload feature where when you take a picture with the device it will throw it into a private photo album for you.

With apps, once you sign into the Play Store with your GMail account you can sync your apps or install them to your devices. I don't think this is simultaneous though. But it is dope using it from the website, as you can see the apps you have on one device and install them on any of your other devices right from the Play Store website.

For texts, she can use the Google Voice app (one of my favorites). She can get all of her voicemails, texts on any device she puts the app on. I love the Chrome extension for it as well. If I'm not by my phone, but I'm on the laptop or tablet, I get all my texts either way, and I can reply to them from where ever. All you need is an internet connect.

Google Chrome for the web browsing will let you sync up your bookmarks/pages. I'm sure other mobile browsers allow this as well, but I use Chrome.

Bet. I'll probably end up being her in-tech support while she gets all this down lol.

But :damn: all the 7" Galaxy Tabs seem to be sold out.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Great news! Your order on Google Play has shipped.

2333540_o.gif
:snoop:
Thank you for contacting Google Play Support. I understand you would like to know when your device will be received. I can relate to wanting to know when your device will be received.

Orders are shipped based on the estimate in your order confirmation email. Once an order has been processed you'll receive a second ship confirmation email, after which it will take an additional two business days for your order to be delivered.

wko1n5.gif

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Bet. I'll probably end up being her in-tech support while she gets all this down lol.

But :damn: all the 7" Galaxy Tabs seem to be sold out.

Yeah, my wife just got the GS3 and I always give her tips on how to use it better. She's the type that always hits the back arrow to cycle through her apps/screens. I always have to say, just hold the home button and it'll bring up everything that you've opened :laugh:

She loves the phone though.

It's pretty tight. If you have a Smart TV you can share your pics and videos right to it from the GS3. shyt had me like :ohhh: when my girl stumbled on that feature.

A-Train

Express.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, my wife just got the GS3 and I always give her tips on how to use it better. She's the type that always hits the back arrow to cycle through her apps/screens. I always have to say, just hold the home button and it'll bring up everything that you've opened :laugh:

She loves the phone though.

It's pretty tight. If you have a Smart TV you can share your pics and videos right to it from the GS3. shyt had me like :ohhh: when my girl stumbled on that feature.

:ohhh:
:myman:

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Here's hoping they announce 5.0 :ahh:

Google I/O 2013 dates announced: starts May 15th, registration to open early next year

Hope your calendar's clear for next May. Google has just announced the dates for I/O 2013, with the event kicking off on May 15th and concluding on May 17th. After setting up shop in San Francisco this June, the event will return to its traditional May time frame in 2013. The company isn't handing out any clues on what's the come, only noting that registration information will be coming in "early '13." Meanwhile, feel free to relive the keynotes from just a few months back. My, how the time flies when you're Nowing.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Anybody playing Ingress yet? Just found out my invite came on Friday

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2