Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
CM10 4.1.2 works fine for me breh :yeshrug:

Then again I update the nightlies every night through the OTA

And there's a CM10 10.0.0 stable out. Been out for weeks.

they say it's stable, but I peep all the threads. I see ppl having GPS issues, mobile data dropping, camera problems. I'd rather wait than have a half functioning phone.

HTC need to hurry up and do the right thing. How a Galaxy SII supposed to get jellybean before a phone that isn't even a year old. :dwillhuh:

Roadie pipeher

From the embers
Daps
this wifi callin (grooveip/gv) working flawlessly if i have 4-5 bars or wifi at home :whew: havent had to use any of my minutes, saving them for any important calls

which plan did you end up getting? and did you fix the vmail issue?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
CM10 4.1.2 works fine for me breh :yeshrug:

Then again I update the nightlies every night through the OTA

And there's a CM10 10.0.0 stable out. Been out for weeks.

they say it's stable, but I peep all the threads. I see ppl having GPS issues, mobile data dropping, camera problems. I'd rather wait than have a half functioning phone.

HTC need to hurry up and do the right thing. How a Galaxy SII supposed to get jellybean before a phone that isn't even a year old. :dwillhuh:

:huhldup:

I can deal with Sense, on this phone. And I'm not even trippin' on JB. I would root so I can have access to the root apps. I probably wouldn't throw a ROM on it that wasn't Sense based because I already know CM10 probably doesn't have LTE working. And I've personally experienced the issues with GPS and CM on the OG EVO. I could never get that shyt working on CM7 on there.

I want to root, but not in a rush to get on a custom ROM because I'm in an LTE area and I use my GPS a lot.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
whats the difference between nightlies and stable?

Stable = ROM is good for everyday use

Nightlies = Basically everything they've coded and updated for that night. Then the server bot thingie compiles it and makes it available for download. So it's like a work in progress. But it's never gonna make your phone explode or anything. And truth be told, the nightlies you really would'nt even notice most of the things they change. Like I said, I been using the nightlies and shyt for months. I really can't think of anything off the top of my head that was'nt working on it. Then again I don't take too many pics and when I do I just use burst shot and shyt. If you do take a lot of pics use another camera app.

Not sure how LTE would work because LTE is not widespread in NYC yet but there is an option to switch from LTE to CDMA/EVDO in settings so yeah.

And GPS been working fine on my shyt as well. It was fukking up maybe about a month or two but I think it's pretty good now.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Also ya'll can use Paranoid Android...there's a lot of good stable everyday roms out for the EVO LTE

Try it...worst case scenerio just make a back up and if it suck go back to a rooted stock rom or some shyt

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
which plan did you end up getting? and did you fix the vmail issue?

nah, dont think theres a way to forward to google voicemail if youre on a prepaid. i got the tmo 30$ deal. so far so good, but if i find myself needing more minutes at some point ill try out that solavei shyt. the beauty of being on prepaid and having options :whoo:

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Stable = ROM is good for everyday use

Nightlies = Basically everything they've coded and updated for that night. Then the server bot thingie compiles it and makes it available for download. So it's like a work in progress. But it's never gonna make your phone explode or anything. And truth be told, the nightlies you really would'nt even notice most of the things they change. Like I said, I been using the nightlies and shyt for months. I really can't think of anything off the top of my head that was'nt working on it. Then again I don't take too many pics and when I do I just use burst shot and shyt. If you do take a lot of pics use another camera app.

Not sure how LTE would work because LTE is not widespread in NYC yet but there is an option to switch from LTE to CDMA/EVDO in settings so yeah.

And GPS been working fine on my shyt as well. It was fukking up maybe about a month or two but I think it's pretty good now.

thanks breh

i have a galaxy s3. what do you think is the best rom? im running cm10 nightlies right now

heard of frosty, liquidsmooth, pacman, paranoid android, all types of shyt....whats the best rom?

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I'm a bit of a purist so I like as stock as possible so I usually just stick with CM

I know people like Paranoid Android because of the interface capabilities as far as workspace mode and shifting things around are concerned.

MIUI has always reminded me of iOS though, I don't know what it really looks like now aside from pics.

I just wish there was an option to lock the screen on CM10. That's about it.

Turn off transitions and turn on 2D GPU rendering and your shyt will FLYYYYYYYYYYY

You want ideas? Just got to http://www.mycolorscreen.com and go nuts :ehh:

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm a bit of a purist so I like as stock as possible so I usually just stick with CM

I know people like Paranoid Android because of the interface capabilities as far as workspace mode and shifting things around are concerned.

MIUI has always reminded me of iOS though, I don't know what it really looks like now aside from pics.

Turn off transitions and turn on 2D GPU rendering and your shyt will FLYYYYYYYYYYY

yo one of the main reasons I'm staying with cm10 is the lock screen. if stock s3 came with it I won't root shyt. I use nova launcher on both rooted and unrooted. I like the text message layout on cm10 also

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Not like your locksreen where you put in your pin and shyt.

When I say lock the screen I mean so you can't inadvertently swipe app icons or widgets out of place or whatever.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
nah, dont think theres a way to forward to google voicemail if youre on a prepaid. i got the tmo 30$ deal. so far so good, but if i find myself needing more minutes at some point ill try out that solavei shyt. the beauty of being on prepaid and having options :whoo:

Use GrooveIP to work around your minutes limit if you have a Google voice number.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC

My nikka:ohhh:

CM10 is my shyt

Im on P noiddroid right now tho. I was using my shorty stock S3 :childplease: I dont see why nikkas like stock. I only had my S3 for a week and half before I rooted it. I never went back to it. Even tried stock root and that shyt was wack to me.