Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
The points you brought up have nothing to do with the actual iPhone launch though, just the screw ups with the actual phone. Last year I would have agreed with you as far as the phone being made just for developers/Android power users, but the Nexus line has changed drastically. Nexus 7 for $199? Nexus 4 for $299? It's apparent that Google is trying to make the Nexus line a viable contender in the smartphone\Tablet market. I don't remember them dropping an ad for the Galaxy Nexus last year outside of the internet, yet I saw a poster for the Nexus 4 and 7 on the LIRR yesterday.

There's no excuse for this launch. You can't tell me Google didn't expect this thing to do numbers for this price. They should of had a pre-order site up atleast a month before the actual launch date. That way they could gauge the consumers interest and get these things in the customers hands in a timely fashion. I love Android and my Nexus 4, but you can't deny the facts.

are you forgetting hurricane sandy??? they had to cancel pre-orders. The first batch sold out in minutes right?? People figured out a way to buy more phones via a trick. It messed up their system. People are having issue buying the phone and that make it a failed launch?? The system failed when people kept hitting F5. All the other nexus devices are back in stock and didnt sell out....LG cant keep up thats why you have a back order. How is the iphone 5 launch not a failure when they have supply issue and have to make the 5s quickly.... foxconn workers went on strike....:laff:

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
nexus is about the software not sales. Im tired of the whining. android 4.2.1 came out and nobody even discussing smh...damn shame.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
The points you brought up have nothing to do with the actual iPhone launch though, just the screw ups with the actual phone. Last year I would have agreed with you as far as the phone being made just for developers/Android power users, but the Nexus line has changed drastically. Nexus 7 for $199? Nexus 4 for $299? It's apparent that Google is trying to make the Nexus line a viable contender in the smartphone\Tablet market. I don't remember them dropping an ad for the Galaxy Nexus last year outside of the internet, yet I saw a poster for the Nexus 4 and 7 on the LIRR yesterday.

There's no excuse for this launch. You can't tell me Google didn't expect this thing to do numbers for this price. They should of had a pre-order site up atleast a month before the actual launch date. That way they could gauge the consumers interest and get these things in the customers hands in a timely fashion. I love Android and my Nexus 4, but you can't deny the facts.

[ame=http://youtu.be/st5VQhcOY1Q]Apple Pushes Out Mapping Executive - YouTube[/ame]

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
are you forgetting hurricane sandy??? they had to cancel pre-orders. The first batch sold out in minutes right?? People figured out a way to buy more phones via a trick. It messed up their system. People are having issue buying the phone and that make it a failed launch?? The system failed when people kept hitting F5. All the other nexus devices are back in stock and didnt sell out....LG cant keep up thats why you have a back order. How is the iphone 5 launch not a failure when they have supply issue and have to make the 5s quickly.... foxconn workers went on strike....:laff:

The only thing Sandy messed up was the Nexus event that was held in NY. Had you said it delayed shipment to physical stores/warehouses in the North East, you would be on to something. People had issues buying the phone first time, but how do you explain the second time?

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
nexus is about the software not sales. Im tired of the whining. android 4.2.1 came out and nobody even discussing smh...damn shame.

No one is discussing 4.2.1 cause it's fixing issues that should have never happened in the first place. How the hell do you leave out the month of December? :what:

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
due to high volume of traffic ......they told you why. They are not sold out...sow ahst the issue with 2nd launch again. Sandy messed up the pre-orders. pre-orders when the tri-state is under water is not a wise choice :comeon:

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
No one is discussing 4.2.1 cause it's fixing issues that should have never happened in the first place. How the hell do you leave out the month of December? :what:

and apple left off cities in their maps....bro just stop the madness. lol at bugs being a major issue. Didnt ios just release a bug fix update. Yall make zero fukking sense.....R.I.P to the nexus phone line :scusthov::smh:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Disaster like the iphone 5 launch?? with siri malfunction, scuff gate and the apple map crisis. Apple fired their whole staff over the botch launch. amazon have a back order system and you are on back order be quiet and wait or cancel. they are a million android phones out there. I wish the nexus line didnt have some of you clowns onboard. Stick with samsung

:why:

What the hell are you talking about?

I'm not talking about the phone itself, I'm talking about how difficult it has been for people to actually get the phone. Some would say it's more difficult to get than the iPhone 5.

You're missing the point completely. This isn't the year 2000. Online shopping is a big deal, and for a company like Google to have this much trouble launching their flagship device tells me they need to get their shyt together.

There's no reason for this shyt. And if they know they can't handle the demand, why are they broadcasting what time they'll be available for ordering? They could just let people search the page on their own and order it, instead of telling the whole internet it's going to be on sale at a certain time and not having their site's shyt in order and people sitting there for hours trying to get one.

shyt is a joke, and your stanning on this is disgusting.

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
and apple left off cities in their maps....bro just stop the madness. lol at bugs being a major issue. Didnt ios just release a bug fix update. Yall make zero fukking sense.....R.I.P to the nexus phone line :scusthov::smh:

No ones saying Apple didn't fukk up too, they fukked up 10 times worse. I'm just saying that no one is discussing 4.2.1 because it didn't add anything new. Leaving out the month of December isn't a bug, it's an oversight on Google's part. I'm GSDG all day, but what you're doing is blindly defending them whether they're right or wrong.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
smh, theyre still fukking up? almost tempted to flip mine but dont know if i can get another one till february :beli:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:why:

What the hell are you talking about?

I'm not talking about the phone itself, I'm talking about how difficult it has been for people to actually get the phone. Some would say it's more difficult to get than the iPhone 5.

You're missing the point completely. This isn't the year 2000. Online shopping is a big deal, and for a company like Google to have this much trouble launching their flagship device tells me they need to get their shyt together.

There's no reason for this shyt. And if they know they can't handle the demand, why are they broadcasting what time they'll be available for ordering? They could just let people search the page on their own and order it, instead of telling the whole internet it's going to be on sale at a certain time and not having their site's shyt in order and people sitting there for hours trying to get one.

shyt is a joke, and your stanning on this is disgusting.

Hate to say it rohiggidy but he's right..they broadcasting what time its getting sold online for the 2nd time and still got their shyt fukked up...let's be real..it was a disaster.

Google is a big company..sure they are not used to selling a lot of hardware but to fukk up twice in a row after having a nice little 2 and a half weeks to try and get things in order with the site is kind of fugazi.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3