Reppin
WATTS & Inglewood Southern Kalifornia
laurencefishburnelulzbw2.gif

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Lol wow..you are funny. You are really defensive about this shyt like you get paid by Google. None of us have assembled servers...but we are also not Google or apple. This shyt is seriously sad.

If this was apple I wonder how you would react.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3

I've assembled servers before. The problem comes down to either capacity (how much bandwith is available) or server resources (running out of memory or high CPU utilization on the servers). This is Google though breh. They have hundreds of thousands of servers and is able to handle 2 billion+ searches a day.

This shyt is unacceptable. I was trying to find the link, but a Google employee on G+ said Google didn't have that many servers on the back end for the play store.

good riddens

:leostare:

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
I love her reviews :ahh:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D30vBWCWCnI&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
No ones saying Apple didn't fukk up too, they fukked up 10 times worse. I'm just saying that no one is discussing 4.2.1 because it didn't add anything new. Leaving out the month of December isn't a bug, it's an oversight on Google's part. I'm GSDG all day, but what you're doing is blindly defending them whether they're right or wrong.

December being missing was most likely an error in coding. I would refer to that as a bug

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Merkdaddy

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
MN
I rooted my phone on my jb gs3 and using rom wicked sensation.I'm clueless from here what should I do to make this phone goat status

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

H@LLOW

All green everything
Supporter
Daps
I rooted my phone on my jb gs3 and using rom wicked sensation.I'm clueless from here what should I do to make this phone goat status

make love to it first. Stand in front of it and nut on it. Than it will default to it's goal status by itself. :datazz:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps

:pachaha: get rid of that rom and use CM 10 rom

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:ooh:

I didn't know you could just select your smart TV as a player for photos to display them. My girl was messing around with her GS3 and just threw some of her photos on the TV. I'm like...

:ohhh:

Then I checked it out with the EVO and it worked too :gladbron:

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
yall threw the nikka out the thread and the thread traffic has died off

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
ok people.. help me change my life

I desperately want to get rid of my tmobile contract and go with GVoice & Groove IP
however I'm on a fam plan (with a corp discount so it's at a good price for 3 lines) $165ish mo/all 3 lines unlimited everything

I just ordered the Nexus 4 but I kinda wanted the Note II only reason I didn't get it
was that I refuse to sign another contract.. I have a GNEX right now and I'm hoping Google will have their own service by the time my contract ends in Dec next year

I'm planning on breaking this contract in Jan. fawk them on that and switching to G-Voice for my line

maybe I'll keep the other lines under contract (if possible) because it's prolly easier for the woman to use Tmo service then trying to get her to understand this who GVoice & groove IP situation but if I have to I'll force everyone off this contract and move everything to that GVoice

so.. couple of questions..

1) anybody here currently using Google Voice ? How is it working for you ?
Does Groove IP murder your battery life ?

2) Any NOTE II users in the house ? How do you like it ?
I may return my N4 and get this if I don't like it and can't cancel my contract cleanly (Touch Piss UI doesn't offend me that much and I know how to root)

3) ANY current NEXUS 4 users in the house ? How's that going for ya ?

4) WTF do you think I should do in this situation.. keep the contract ? return the N4 and get the NOTE II w/another 2yr extension? Say fawk'm all and go with Google Voice on all three lines?

Wassup Goog set .. .what say you ?

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
I answered in the note thread but you can test the groove/gv on your phone now and see if voice quality is sufficient, its not always for some

people love the note

people love the nexus, if you look back a page or 2 youll see an in depth review

remember if there is a data problem, youll have no service

you might be better off with a prepaid carrier/ no contract@ 45-50 bucks...many options

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
ok people.. help me change my life

I desperately want to get rid of my tmobile contract and go with GVoice & Groove IP
however I'm on a fam plan (with a corp discount so it's at a good price for 3 lines) $165ish mo/all 3 lines unlimited everything

I just ordered the Nexus 4 but I kinda wanted the Note II only reason I didn't get it
was that I refuse to sign another contract.. I have a GNEX right now and I'm hoping Google will have their own service by the time my contract ends in Dec next year

I'm planning on breaking this contract in Jan. fawk them on that and switching to G-Voice for my line

maybe I'll keep the other lines under contract (if possible) because it's prolly easier for the woman to use Tmo service then trying to get her to understand this who GVoice & groove IP situation but if I have to I'll force everyone off this contract and move everything to that GVoice

so.. couple of questions..

1) anybody here currently using Google Voice ? How is it working for you ?
Does Groove IP murder your battery life ?

2) Any NOTE II users in the house ? How do you like it ?
I may return my N4 and get this if I don't like it and can't cancel my contract cleanly (Touch Piss UI doesn't offend me that much and I know how to root)

3) ANY current NEXUS 4 users in the house ? How's that going for ya ?

4) WTF do you think I should do in this situation.. keep the contract ? return the N4 and get the NOTE II w/another 2yr extension? Say fawk'm all and go with Google Voice on all three lines?

Wassup Goog set .. .what say you ?

Here's my take on the phone.

Now that I got a couple of hours in with this Nexus 4, I thought I'd drop a few first impressions.

Phone

The phone itself feels like a premium handset, unlike the Galaxy Nexus. I especially love the way they designed the screen. It's kind of hard to explain, but swiping your finger from one end of the screen to the other just flows so smoothly. :ohhh:

This shyt definitely feels fragile like the iPhone 4-4S. I'm afraid one good drop might actually shatter either side of the phone, no matter how durable gorilla glass is. The rubber sides provide a decent amount of grip, but the front and back of the phone are definitely slippery enough for the phone to slip out of yours hand if you're not careful. Get a case ASAP.

That matrix like design on the back is a pretty nice touch, and not overwhelming like the photos of it made it out to be. You can't really see it unless light is hitting it while viewing it from a certain angle.

The only thing I'm not feeling about the design was the choice to put the 3.5mm port on the top instead of the bottom, but that's just nit picking. This thing is also a finger print magnet, but that's to be expected considering the phone material.

Camera

The camera takes decent photos, but I definitely need to test it out some more in different lighting situations. The new camera app is nice, but you already knew that if you've loaded up 4.2 on your Gnex or grabbed the leaked app.

20121116154343.jpg

Battery

I'll have to get back to you on the battery in a few days since I haven't had a chance to fully charge it yet.

Screen

The screen is crispy. I gotta admit, I kinda miss the deep blacks that the super AMOLED on my Gnex is capable of, but the Nexus 4 is definitely a huge step up from it in general. I wanted to compare it to the S3 and One X, but my two co-workers weren't in the office for me to check. I'll check on Monday.

Performance

This bytch flies :ooh:. Scrolling and opening apps is damn there instantaneous. 4.2 was built for this phone and it shows. It was decent on my Gnex, but running them side by side definitely shows that the Gnex is :flabbynsick: compared to it. Google Now always seemed to have a little lag to it on my Gnex, even after disabling the hot word detection option that @Rohiggidy suggested, but it runs smooth on the 4 even with that on. The quadrant score is kind of disappointing considering what's under the hood of this thing, but these scores really don't mean shyt when it comes to real world performance. This thing is smooth and that's all that matters to me.

20121116204247.png

20121116204109.png

HSPA+

I know a lot of people were heated that they didn't drop this with LTE, but it is what it is. I only got to run two speed tests before I headed home. My coverage in that area varies, so I'll see what I get once I step out tomorrow.

:wtf: @ that upload speed, but I'll chalk that up to the area I was in.

20121116203724.png

20121116203207.png

From a real world stand point, web browsing was quick and YouTube videos loaded up about a second after I opened them. I'm not trying to download torrents from my phone like some nikkas, so LTE isn't necessary at this point for me.

Conclusion

I haven't enjoyed a Nexus device this much since the original Nexus One. Is the phone perfect? Nope, but it's perfect for my needs. I'm a dude that's heavy in the cloud, that's surrounded by WiFi, and only two steps away from a charger most of the time. If that sounds like you, grab this phone. The price alone makes it a no brainer. :win:

Last edited by a moderator: