Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Carné Asada;2322589 said:
Why? And what area are you in?

I'm with Sprint at the moment and I'm currently paying $69 a month. I have a discount and I'm hesitant at losing it if I jump on T-mobile. I'm contemplating on getting the GS3 used or re-upping and getting the note 2.

I go back and forth between LA and SF.

google voice works but i cant set it up as my voicemail for my main number because Tmo doesnt have call forwarding on prepaid. anyone know if any of the other prepaid services allow this?

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
great article. Now yall see the purpose of these cheap nexus devices :lawd:

Tackling 'fragmentation': Developers sound off on supporting multiple screens | Android Central

It really frustrates me that so many devices don't have tablet layouts. If your app is built using fragments, adding a tablet layout can be done in 30 minutes. Honestly, it's that easy.

I think for a lot of developers, they don't have tablet devices to test on, and using the emulator can be a pain. But the new ADT tools just released make it a lot easier. The multi configuration view in the layout editor means you can see what your layout looks like on 5-6 different screen sizes all at once. And its fast. Of course you will still need to test on an emulator/device eventually, but it definitely speeds up the workflow.

This year we have basically started from a ground up rewrite of our app to work with fragments. In the past 6 months we've worked hard to add 7" tablet support, and we're currently working on 10" support. The hardest thing to do is testing on devices, but we have a great QA team that helps with that. We have had 2 people working full time on our app since August or so, before that it was 1 full time person.

Bottom line is, I think, the android design guidelines help us streamline our process - and thereby reduce costs. Let's face it, most designers from from iOS - so having a great resource like design.android.com is a wonderful help to get them kickstarted in the android ecosystem.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nexus 4 real benchmark. The AnTuTu Benchmark 3 app got updated

This version also improves support for a number of high-end devices, including the HTC Droid DNA and LG Nexus 4, both of which use Qualcomm's quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro chip. Our Nexus 4 scores averaged around 17,500, a considerable increase over the 10,000 or so widely reported on the earlier AnTuTu 2.94. And our Droid DNA scored even higher, clocking in at just over 19,000.

antutu-n4.jpg

nexusae0_Screenshot_2012-11-26-08-55-48.png

... i knew it.. Makes sense.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
smh galaxy nexus :flabbynsick:

nexus 4 flies. just crossing my fingers hoping problems dont start popping up

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
best 7-10 inch tablet under 150? wit hdmi micro sd?

Ainol Novo 7 Aurora II

you wrong for that :dead:

but seriously the Novo is a good starter tablet for people on a budget

you can root it and put CM10 Jellybean on it too plus it got hdmi and a sd slot

Install CM 10 (Cyanogen Mod 10) Jelly Bean on the Ainol Novo 7 Aurora II (2) and get Bluetooth!! :smile: - YouTube

I got my Auroa2 tablet over the weekend and its :ohlawd: I already put DS24 but I wanna try some other roms too...Any other advice (apps,games etc.) to make it the most bling, bloaw, burr tablet ever? :lawd:
c/s with all this. reincar put me onto it and it's great. forget about the 'name' tablets this has all you want and more, similar specs, and its cheaper

got it here
http://www.buyincoins.com/new_en/de...-pc-16gb-1g-ram-ips-screen-product-17010.html

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Google Planning to Launch 12.85″ Touchscreen Chromebook Next Year?

There’s a new rumor doing the rounds – courtesy of digitimes - that Google will be launching yet another Chromebook in 2013 that will feature a 12.85″ screen that’ll be touch sensitive as well, something that we have yet to see on a piece of hardware running Google’s Chrome OS. Some time ago there was a rumor that did the rounds concerning a tablet running Chrome OS was to be launched, thankfully such a thing never got released. There would be little point in Google to back Android tablets when pushing their own Chromebook tablet. The OS has come a long way since its release and while it might still be a glorified web browser, they’ve made some adjustments to the overall experience, closing the gap between permanent web browser and fully-fledged OS.
Read more at Google to Launch 12.85-inch Touchscreen Chromebook in 2013? | Android News, Phones, Tablets, Apps, Reviews - Android Headlines

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Samsung announces Galaxy Note II has moved 5 million units worldwide Mobile

the company is announcing it's moved two million more in less than a month.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Carné Asada;2323760 said:
You don't fukks with the Note 2?

nah.. way too big of a phone for me it looks ridiculous using as a phone... has some nice features that cater to tablet-esque use though.

Also those late official android updates scare me for the future.. i keep getting pulled into getting a galaxy series phone every year and I keep hitting that point where I wish I could have a feature that a newer android version has...

my nexus 4 is on the way... if the data speeds are adequate for my use and the battery is decent... im going to stick to the nexus line for good until carriers push out updates quick (which might be never)

I played with the note its nice software/speed wise but that size and late updates would keep me from ever copping one...Can't do it.

Mac071415

Go spurs
Daps
Reppin
Texas
How is it the same? Without a contract you should be looking at simple mobile or straight talk and getting that bill under $50 a month with no bs caps.

Simple mobile caps at 5gbs.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
might grab the note 2 over the nexus 4. I hate having a tablet and a phone in the same room. I sold my nexus 7 because i wasnt using it. My Phone is always buzzing so i have to answer it. The multi window feature got me :whew::dj2:

Im still canceling my verizon contract to buy it unlock and toss a 30$ tmo prepaid sim in it.

Lol.. after all that campaigning you're going to buy a note 2 with slow updates.. the single thing you've been shytting on for a good minute now?

You making my head hurt breh lol.

note 2 is nice though... just can't do that massive size and the updates thing...

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Lol.. after all that campaigning you're going to buy a note 2 with slow updates.. the single thing you've been shytting on for a good minute now?

You making my head hurt breh lol.

note 2 is nice though... just can't do that massive size and the updates thing...

:what: I always shyt on HTC not samsung. At no point Have I ever shyt on the note 2. The nexus 4 is my #1 choice. The note 2 is a beast. I actually like NEW touchwiz. I'm an android fan. I am not loyal to any brand. Android is at a place that I'll be ok with being behind on android 4.1.1 or 4.1.2. I'm losing the appetite to tinker with my phone. Verizon forced me to root and run custom roms. shyt is getting played out.