Hersh

Superstar
Daps
Ainol Novo 7 Aurora II

link please---

i got money im just not gon drop for a top of the line "branded" tablet because all ima do wit it is browse/email/possible xbmc

:smugdraper:

edit:

also been hearing good stuff bout the mobi 2-- just root and its similar specs from a nexus +sd and hdmi and comes wit a better build -- best buy and wallmart had it onsale for 129.99 on bf-- bb has it for 200 rite now.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
link please---

i got money im just not gon drop for a top of the line "branded" tablet because all ima do wit it is browse/email/possible xbmc

:smugdraper:

edit:

also been hearing good stuff bout the mobi 2-- just root and its similar specs from a nexus +sd and hdmi and comes wit a better build -- best buy and wallmart had it onsale for 129.99 on bf-- bb has it for 200 rite now.

I cooped it from they site for $110 but them shyts sold out everywhere I checked

Search Ebay tho im pretty sure you can find one on there

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Users are reporting severe performance issues after updating their Nexus 7 to Android 4.2. General lag, choppiness, and stuttering performance seem to be plaguing nearly every aspect of the device, from swiping across the home screens, opening the app drawer, typing on the keyboard, scrolling in the browser or even simply unlocking the device. Even getting the screen to turn on takes several seconds after pressing the power button! Needless to say, this is causing quite a frustrating experience for many users, especially since we’ve grown accustomed to the buttery smoothness of Android 4.1.

I personally experienced all of these issues and more, so I decided to do some research on how to fix it. Turns out the fix is a very simple one. Read on after the break to get the scoop.

If you’re one of the poor users experiencing major lag on your Nexus 7 after the Android 4.2 update, here’s what you can do to remedy the situation:

Open your app drawer
Open Google Currents
Click the three dots in the top right corner of the app
Tap “Settings”
Uncheck “Enable Background Sync”
Reboot your Nexus 7
That’s it. You shouldn’t experience anymore lag and you probably won’t even need to reboot. For me the difference was night and day. I went an extra step and disabled the app completely just in case. If you want to disable Google Currents for good measure, you can do so by going into your main Settings menu, clicking Apps, swiping to the All category, clicking Google Currents, and then clicking Disable. (If you do this you won’t be able to use Google Currents anymore, but at least your Nexus 7 will be back to normal).

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
+1

I had lte and loved it but can't justify its cost when its capped

Couldn't be happier with the speeds on my nexus 4 and my phone bill is less than half what it was on Verizon. If they ever offer unlimited again I can go back. The beauty of no contracts :win:

This is what I (and Rohiggidy :guilty:) have been trying to tell y'all from jump

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
might grab the note 2 over the nexus 4. I hate having a tablet and a phone in the same room. I sold my nexus 7 because i wasnt using it. My Phone is always buzzing so i have to answer it. The multi window feature got me :whew::dj2:

Im still canceling my verizon contract to buy it unlock and toss a 30$ tmo prepaid sim in it.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I just got done taking with a Buddie of mine who works for T-Mobile and he told me when the LG rep was at the store, she said Google had an initial stock of 2 million nexus 4's for the US! Which sold out completely in less than a half hour. She also said LG is having issues trying to keep up with demand. That just goes to show you how super popular the nexus 4 is

:whew:

Word :leon:? That's weird, cuz I read something totally different on XDA:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [Official] Play Store orders & shipping thread!

Alright guys, here's the deal. I work at UPS's logistics center here in Louisville, Kentucky. I am one of the few employees on the line of logistics whose job to pack packages according to the packing slip, and then send it off within the conveyor belt in which then places the shipping label and then is stored in the shipping area in which are waiting to be picked up to either be shipped via ground, one day, two day, etc.

I've registered with XDA forums because it is one of the fastest moving threads on the internet regarding the Nexus 4 fiasco and it’s my off day today and I’ve thought I should share some information relating to the release of this phone and how we do operate. Here’s what’s happened and is happening at the moment. November 12th, we received approximately 17,000 Nexus 4 devices from LG Korea/Google. 7,000 of these devices were 8GB devices, and the remaining 10,000 were the 16GB devices. The shipment was wrapped in stretch plastic wrap, stacked on wooden pallets. November 14th, we started then to unpack these pallets and take apart these devices so we can start packing and shipping.

Remember we work in all areas of the warehouse, we do not just ship out for Google, we have thousands of clients whom also use us for their shipping needs and we need to prioritize each client accordingly.

So you’re asking, what’s the delay? Where are these items being shipped out so slow? Because the shipping manifest that was received was incomplete from Google. We had further received additional customer information later on and were able to ship out then. Packaging each package takes only 5 seconds from hand on time to automated machines sticking the shipping labels on them and scanning them. Then they are transported on belts to their respected buckets in which they are picked up and start their journey throughout the UPS network. The remaining phones we’ve had on hand yesterday the 19th of November had dropped from about 890 16GB devices and about 340 8GB devices. We have managed to ship out everything yesterday. Meaning there is no more stock, and replenishing this stock will take time and is estimated as freight shipping dealing with sea (which Google is using) is slow.
So there you guys go.

Thanks.

So either Google managed to sell more Nexus in 30 minutes than the entire Galaxy Nexus sold in 2 quarters, or the Nexus is selling the same amount it normally sells.

Which random poster to believe :ohhh:

:shaq2: Come on breh, if Google sold 2 million Nexus devices in 30 minutes in the US alone (not to mention what they sold in other countries) they (or LG) would have done a press release stating how the Nexus 4 is the fastest selling Android phone ever.

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
contract or no contracts; it's all the same shiit. Either you're going to buy a phone off contract for an arm and a leg, or buy it subsidized and re-up.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
When is the next Nexus 4 shipment coming in/going out? My Atrix is slowly dying (headset doesn't work, I have to use speaker for all calls & the wifi stopped working). I need a new phone. My order got placed in the backorder :damn:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Carné Asada;2319303 said:
contract or no contracts; it's all the same shiit. Either you're going to buy a phone off contract for an arm and a leg, or buy it subsidized and re-up.
How is it the same? Without a contract you should be looking at simple mobile or straight talk and getting that bill under $50 a month with no bs caps.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Word :leon:? That's weird, cuz I read something totally different on XDA:

So either Google managed to sell more Nexus in 30 minutes than the entire Galaxy Nexus sold in 2 quarters, or the Nexus is selling the same amount it normally sells.

Which random poster to believe :ohhh:

:shaq2: Come on breh, if Google sold 2 million Nexus devices in 30 minutes in the US alone (not to mention what they sold in other countries) they (or LG) would have done a press release stating how the Nexus 4 is the fastest selling Android phone ever.

Seems like all he's doing at IBM is learning how to engineer ducktales. :mjpls: