aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
You sure that's not phone specific? (referring to battery life)

This EVOLTE is a hybrid radio phone and the battery life is amazing on this. I've been using it a lot the past few days with everything turned on it for the most part and it's been beasting.

That was prolly a GNexus issue breh.

It is a indeed a GNexus issue... older chipset, older fabrication process, just basically older hardware/architecture. Going from a 45nm chip(Nexus) to a 28nm chip(Evo) consumes way less power. Remember when the first Gen LTE devices like the Thunderbolt had atrocious battery life? Well the newer devices like the One X, Evo 4G LTE, GS3 etc all use the Snapdragon S4(Krait, MSM8960T) which is built on the newer 28nm process and has the LTE modem built into the processor instead of having a separate modem. Not to mention the shytty 1850mah battery, weak GPU pushing an HD screen etc. didn't help much. Both the One X and the Galaxy Nexus basically has the same size battery, 720p Screen, LTE etc., but the One X destroys the Galaxy Nexus in battery tests... just better tech overall.

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka YOU DON'T LISTEN.

Theres multiple articles online that say this works on LTE networks in Canada or on T-Mobile's tiny LTE network in the states. NOBODY has actually gotten it to work on AT&T's because they run on a different band. T-Mobile runs on Band 4, AT&T runs on Band 17

Nexus 4 works with LTE after simple tweak | The Verge

Nexus 4 shown working on Canadian LTE through simple carrier menu code (video)

NOW READ YOUR OWN fukkIN ARTICLES BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO TRY AND CHECK nikkaS; YA BISH

500x1000px-LL-a8c68072_593_samuel-face-jackson.gif

Lol @ that gif

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
I love the sudden change of heart. First LTE doesn't matter and is nothing but a battery drain and now that it was discovered that it has LTE folks want to celebrate.

:childplease: why not celebrate? now we can tell nikkas who were :damn: about lte to stfu. and not like it matters because it'll most likely will not land on carriers either way which is fine by me...you cats just want something to complain about and the n4 just shytted all over the people up in arms about lte. I still don't give a fukk about lte right now, hspa+ is fast enough until lte matures. And you know what the cold part about all of this is? Google is :troll: and letting all the reviewers shyt on the phone while they can easily have a OTA to enable lte officially, making the first phone in history to have potential ota hardware updates. FOH

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I love the sudden change of heart. First LTE doesn't matter and is nothing but a battery drain and now that it was discovered that it has LTE folks want to celebrate.
It's comedy breh...

For a whole month these nikkas were preaching how LTE is completely useless and now they're all :stylin: like they struck gold...

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
:why: i have LTE

I am switching to the nexus 4. I can switch on and off LTE if I want. quick updates>>>Lte been said that from day one. I chose the verizon nexus because of the verizon coverage not beause of the LTE :stopitslime:

being that CDMA LTE blocks my updates fukk CDMA LTE. GSM/LTE is open :krs:

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
:childplease: why not celebrate? now we can tell nikkas who were :damn: about lte to stfu. and not like it matters because it'll most likely will not land on carriers either way which is fine by me...you cats just want something to complain about and the n4 just shytted all over the people up in arms about lte. I still don't give a fukk about lte right now, hspa+ is fast enough until lte matures. And you know what the cold part about all of this is? Google is :troll: and letting all the reviewers shyt on the phone while they can easily have a OTA to enable lte officially, making the first phone in history to have potential ota hardware updates. FOH

The best one is them saying android 4.2 is a minor update no shyt :rudy:

Where did these tech bloggers come from. They have been following android for a long ass time and still dont know shyt. This wasnt an ios5 to 106 no features sorta situation :childplease:

If they open their eyes they would see a lot of the flagship phones are on ICS and if they had leap to android 5.0 it would of cause a uproar :damn:

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Samsung was giving away free phones and tablets via a contest. Never seen a marketing campaign like this. They had a billboard in the mall, samsung gs3 on the glass doors, etc. Where is google at :yeshrug:

IMG_20121123_144710.jpg

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
LG admits reason behind dropping 4G in Nexus 4
Because it's secretly another phone

The redundant 4G chip in the Nexus 4 caused confusion, but now LG has told TechRadar why it's there.
The presence of the LTE connectivity hardware in the Nexus 4 caused some to believe that it could be next-gen speed-enabled in the future.
"In order to provide the best possible specification for Nexus 4, LG utilised the same powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset as can be found in its 4G LTE product, namely LG Optimus G," a spokesperson told us.
"This powerful chipset is only available with a combined processor and modem and cannot be implemented separately.
"The modem contains 4G LTE capabilities but is only effective when combined with other essential hardware parts such as a signal amplifier and filter in order for it to work. It therefore cannot be upgraded to 4G LTE capability through software.
That's why it's cheaper

This will disappoint a number of fans who hoped for a firmware update to give them access to super speed. But the lower number of components means the phone can be brought to the market at an improved cost, despite LG selling for more in other territories:
"With the inclusion of the Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset, Nexus 4 therefore offers the same amazing processing performance as LG Optimus G but for the 3G market," added the spokesperson.
However, let's not be too down: who else can see the day in a few months' time where LG or Google announce a 4G-enabled Nexus 4 to keep interest in the handset alive?

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
BTW, just for the record I never cared about the LTE. I will not care about LTE until a provider that has wide coverage offers it unlimited.

Its a hard stance to take, but I am not about limits in 2012 going into 2013. That is ass backwards considering we had unlimited data for a long time YEARS ago.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
BTW, just for the record I never cared about the LTE. I will not care about LTE until a provider that has wide coverage offers it unlimited.

Its a hard stance to take, but I am not about limits in 2012 going into 2013. That is ass backwards considering we had unlimited data for a long time YEARS ago.

+1

I had lte and loved it but can't justify its cost when its capped

Couldn't be happier with the speeds on my nexus 4 and my phone bill is less than half what it was on Verizon. If they ever offer unlimited again I can go back. The beauty of no contracts :win: