Mac071415

Go spurs
Daps
Reppin
Texas
damn if LG can get PIRILLO to change his stance on android then they must have come through.

Lots of the stuff he is happy about has been around since ICS though, even with the shut off "tube tv" animation

The shut off TV animation has been around since froyo. :stopitslime:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
that way back on stock? I don't remember it even on stock gingerbread

it wasn't stock, idk what dude is talking about

Edit: although I do believe they were stock on gingerbread
2nd Edit: It came with Gingerbread but it was disabled by default...so we didn't really get it stock until ICS

Mac071415

Go spurs
Daps
Reppin
Texas
That TV off animation started with the Nexus S.

Yes the nexus s . It was the first phone to drip with gingerbread and the first phone to have that screen off animation which started with gingerbread. I meant to say GB not froyo .

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I had the TV off animation on CM7 on my OG EVO

:stopitslime:

It was on GB stock cause my brother had the Nexus One on stock Android with it.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nexus review lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqHOcwzT5eY&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Lol its funny because what he's saying for the most part is how I felt when I first played with jellybean... That feeling of android finally getting that "smoothness" down that I was used to having on Ios and Windows Phone... They always had the upper hand feature wise but that smooth lag free experience was their flaw. At this point it's going to take a lot for ios to even catch up with Android on the phone front... I havnt looked back Since.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Lol its funny because what he's saying for the most part is how I felt when I first played with jellybean... That feeling of android finally getting that "smoothness" down that I was used to having on Ios and Windows Phone... They always had the upper hand feature wise but that smooth lag free experience was their flaw. At this point it's going to take a lot for ios to even catch up with Android on the phone front... I havnt looked back Since.

Catch up lol

Android 5.0 drops in a few months lol. I never listen to reviewers because they say oh 4.2 is not a major upgrade in my head I'm like do these idiots know key lime pie is around the corner and will come out before the next version of ios. When grading android you can't use the same system. Google can push an update to the nexus at any moment. Its a beautiful thing. The nexus 4 is the best buy right now. Quick updates are amazing. Look at the nexus 7 it got 3 updates in 4 months which changed it significantly.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps

It was mostly a hardware issue because Android is as close to a real desktop class OS we have see on phones. Phones released in 2012 that have Gingerbread run smooth as hell. Its the very low end phones that give off that illusion that Android is still as laggy as when it was still on cupcake.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
1TB of storage on your devices

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcC7ri-kifo&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was mostly a hardware issue because Android is as close to a real desktop class OS we have see on phones. Phones released in 2012 that have Gingerbread run smooth as hell. Its the very low end phones that give off that illusion that Android is still as laggy as when it was still on cupcake.

Yea I noticed that.... Ios was/is a fairly stripped down and simple os which proved to operate better on weaker hardware. Now that the hardware is way more advanced its no longer a issue for Android... Ios got too comfy cozy in innovating and advancing their software to where it needs to be.