TheGregReaper

#HeatNation #SouthernCalUSC #LiverpoolFC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WATTS & Inglewood Southern Kalifornia
Not that I give a damn about a Quadrant Score but I swear I've seen reviewers on YouTube put up at least 6,500. What's going on brehs? Why's that shyt so low? :dwillhuh:

I know for a fact that thing should blow that shytty ass One X out the water :scusthov:

Mac071415

Go spurs
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Now that I got a couple of hours in with this Nexus 4, I thought I'd drop a few first impressions.

Phone

The phone itself feels like a premium handset, unlike the Galaxy Nexus. I especially love the way they designed the screen. It's kind of hard to explain, but swiping your finger from one end of the screen to the other just flows so smoothly. :ohhh:

This shyt definitely feels fragile like the iPhone 4-4S. I'm afraid one good drop might actually shatter either side of the phone, no matter how durable gorilla glass is. The rubber sides provide a decent amount of grip, but the front and back of the phone are definitely slippery enough for the phone to slip out of yours hand if you're not careful. Get a case ASAP.

That matrix like design on the back is a pretty nice touch, and not overwhelming like the photos of it made it out to be. You can't really see it unless light is hitting it while viewing it from a certain angle.

The only thing I'm not feeling about the design was the choice to put the 3.5mm port on the top instead of the bottom, but that's just nit picking. This thing is also a finger print magnet, but that's to be expected considering the phone material.

Camera

The camera takes decent photos, but I definitely need to test it out some more in different lighting situations. The new camera app is nice, but you already knew that if you've loaded up 4.2 on your Gnex or grabbed the leaked app.

Battery

I'll have to get back to you on the battery in a few days since I haven't had a chance to fully charge it yet.

Screen

The screen is crispy. I gotta admit, I kinda miss the deep blacks that the super AMOLED on my Gnex is capable of, but the Nexus 4 is definitely a huge step up from it in general. I wanted to compare it to the S3 and One X, but my two co-workers weren't in the office for me to check. I'll check on Monday.

Performance

This bytch flies :ooh:. Scrolling and opening apps is damn there instantaneous. 4.2 was built for this phone and it shows. It was decent on my Gnex, but running them side by side definitely shows that the Gnex is :flabbynsick: compared to it. Google Now always seemed to have a little lag to it on my Gnex, even after disabling the hot word detection option that @Rohiggidy suggested, but it runs smooth on the 4 even with that on. The quadrant score is kind of disappointing considering what's under the hood of this thing, but these scores really don't mean shyt when it comes to real world performance. This thing is smooth and that's all that matters to me.

20121116204247.png

20121116204109.png

HSPA+

I know a lot of people were heated that they didn't drop this with LTE, but it is what it is. I only got to run two speed tests before I headed home. My coverage in that area varies, so I'll see what I get once I step out tomorrow.

:wtf: @ that upload speed, but I'll chalk that up to the area I was in.

20121116203724.png

20121116203207.png

From a real world stand point, web browsing was quick and YouTube videos loaded up about a second after I opened them. I'm not trying to download torrents from my phone like some nikkas, so LTE isn't necessary at this point for me.

Conclusion

I haven't enjoyed a Nexus device this much since the original Nexus One. Is the phone perfect? Nope, but it's perfect for my needs. I'm a dude that's heavy in the cloud, that's surrounded by WiFi, and only two steps away from a charger most of the time. If that sounds like you, grab this phone. The price alone makes it a no brainer. :win:

Lol I've gotten higher scores on my s3.
vedyjyda.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think $400

That's if you cancel the line though. If I just turn on my OG EVO I'm still under contract, so I wouldn't be cancelling the service.

:snoop:

I fukked up signing another contract with Sprint

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Not that I give a damn about a Quadrant Score but I swear I've seen reviewers on YouTube put up at least 6,500. What's going on brehs? Why's that shyt so low? :dwillhuh:

I know for a fact that thing should blow that shytty ass One X out the water :scusthov:

Maybe you've just had a bad experience with the phone but the nexus 4 should not and does not blow the One X out the water. The One X is actually one of the best phones out.

TheGregReaper

#HeatNation #SouthernCalUSC #LiverpoolFC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WATTS & Inglewood Southern Kalifornia
Maybe you've just had a bad experience with the phone but the nexus 4 should not and does not blow the One X out the water. The One X is actually one of the best phones out.

:wtfkatt:

You just said that to the wrong nikka breh. That fukking phone caused me so much stress and anguish :ohlawd:

fukk HTC :wtfgucci:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
:wtfkatt:

You just said that to the wrong nikka breh. That fukking phone caused me so much stress and anguish :ohlawd:

fukk HTC :wtfgucci:

I'm not a fan of HTC but have to say the One X is one of the better phones I've used. Just wish it had a SD slot.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
So it turns out the Nexus 4 does have an LTE chip after all. Should be an interesting turn of events.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
So it turns out the Nexus 4 does have an LTE chip after all. Should be an interesting turn of events.

T-Mobile is buying metro PCs who have LTE. Tmo will deploy LTE in 2014

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Daps
Reppin
NULL
From what I understand those tests can't accurately measure the quadcore processor in the nexus 4....or something like that... Don't feel like looking it up I just remember reading something along those lines. That's why people shouldn't put so much thought into these tests... In real world use the nexus 4 outperforms everything speed wise from what I understand (obviously not data speeds... But Operation wise).

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3

Tha Snowman

Rookie
Daps

Not really. Other components are missing to make it usable. That's not to say they won't make an lte variant in the future, but I wouldn't count on the current version having usable lte.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Not really. Other components are missing to make it usable. That's not to say they won't make an lte variant in the future, but I wouldn't count on the current version having usable lte.

I doubt they will make an unlock LTE version for AT&T

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2