Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Yea I noticed that.... Ios was/is a fairly stripped down and simple os which proved to operate better on weaker hardware. Now that the hardware is way more advanced its no longer a issue for Android... Ios got too comfy cozy in innovating and advancing their software to where it needs to be.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3
Yeah I don't think people realize what happened with Android...it was literally TOO advanced for the hardware that was out there. I think there are a few heads on here who had the T-Mobile G1...it was weaker than the iPhone yet it was loaded with an OS that was trying to do more than iOS. That was always the problem.

Even the HTC Hero which was an even BIGGER leap in software felt crippled....it was a rough 2 years :sadcam:

That's why when the EVO/Epic 4G came out it was the first major leap for Android...literally anything under 1GHz/512MB RAM for android was a disaster waiting to happen.

People ask do we NEED Quad Cores? Android does, the iPhone and Windows Phone probably don't because they don't do as much as an android phone does.

Android made it tho and everyone should be happy at what has happened

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yeah I don't think people realize what happened with Android...it was literally TOO advanced for the hardware that was out there. I think there are a few heads on here who had the T-Mobile G1...it was weaker than the iPhone yet it was loaded with an OS that was trying to do more than iOS. That was always the problem.

Even the HTC Hero which was an even BIGGER leap in software felt crippled....it was a rough 2 years :sadcam:

That's why when the EVO/Epic 4G came out it was the first major leap for Android...literally anything under 1GHz/512MB RAM for android was a disaster waiting to happen.

People ask do we NEED Quad Cores? Android does, the iPhone and Windows Phone probably don't because they don't do as much as an android phone does.

Android made it tho and everyone should be happy at what has happened

Finally agreed with you. Its in a great space right now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yea I noticed that.... Ios was/is a fairly stripped down and simple os which proved to operate better on weaker hardware. Now that the hardware is way more advanced its no longer a issue for Android... Ios got too comfy cozy in innovating and advancing their software to where it needs to be.

My dude went from an original evo to the iPhone 5 and he hate the iPhone experience. He said this is it! What's all the hype for. He is now tied down to iTunes instead of using a SD card and go. Android OS was always great if was the hardware that was lacking for so long. HTC always skimped on the processor, and battery plus sense was bloated. It made people hate android. Many stuck around during the dark stages. The evo stained my love for HTC. I will never buy another HTC device. Google stepped up and created the nexus line which I buy over the other skin android devices. Sadly the phones from 2009 to 2011 stained android reputation. Now we have great phones releasing every week. Prepaid carriers have phones that is running android 4.0.

Rich Spirit

#LeveledUp
Daps
Reppin
houston.
Just check my bank account and I notice that the pending charge for the phone is gone, but my google wallet still says pending and google play store moved the date to the 17th but the shipping date still says 15th.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just check my bank account and I notice that the pending charge for the phone is gone, but my google wallet still says pending and google play store moved the date to the 17th but the shipping date still says 15th.

My pending went away a couple days ago... All it means is that your order ain't shipping yet. I actually called Google play store... They told me they can't tell me exactly when it's shipping but it will be within 3 weeks. We will get another email when it ships. I'm hoping that shyt ships by the end of this week or I'm a fukk around and change my mind... Could always use some extra black Friday money lol

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Finally agreed with you. Its in a great space right now.

That just means you are usually wrong. It was 2008 and 2009 that were rough when it was mostly for nerds who saw the potential

2010 was a good year for Android, 2011 was GREAT year for Android. The EVO was a game changer.

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
I hope that 32 GB Nexus 10 gets in stock soon. I wanna order that shyt by mid December.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
My dude went from an original evo to the iPhone 5 and he hate the iPhone experience. He said this is it! What's all the hype for. He is now tied down to iTunes instead of using a SD card and go. Android OS was always great if was the hardware that was lacking for so long. HTC always skimped on the processor, and battery plus sense was bloated. It made people hate android. Many stuck around during the dark stages. The evo stained my love for HTC. I will never buy another HTC device. Google stepped up and created the nexus line which I buy over the other skin android devices. Sadly the phones from 2009 to 2011 stained android reputation. Now we have great phones releasing every week. Prepaid carriers have phones that is running android 4.0.

So the Galaxy S, S2, HTC EVO, Motorola Droid etc. were all grabage and contributed nothing to android? :what:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So the Galaxy S, S2, HTC EVO, Motorola Droid etc. were all grabage and contributed nothing to android? :what:

I wouldn't say the EVO was garbage but it was overrated to me. It had some good features obviously but the phone was choppy in operation compared to the iphone at the time... The battery life was atrocious... The screen was ashy and washed out and sense was just ugly to me in general (personal taste). Imo the gs2 was the first android phone that made me jealous while owning a iphone and it was the first one that had a SMOOTH browsing experience even with flash playing... That was very impressive to me at the time.

After that it's just been android all the way for me.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That just means you are usually wrong. It was 2008 and 2009 that were rough when it was mostly for nerds who saw the potential

2010 was a good year for Android, 2011 was GREAT year for Android. The EVO was a game changer.

4.3in screen forced every manufacturer to rethink their position on touch screen phones.

Fanboys were saying the phone was too big and 3.5 is the perfect size out of stubbornness

:krs:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I wouldn't say the EVO was garbage but it was overrated to me. It had some good features obviously but the phone was choppy in operation compared to the iphone at the time... The battery life was atrocious... The screen was ashy and washed out and sense was just ugly to me in general (personal taste). Imo the gs2 was the first android phone that made me jealous while owning a iphone and it was the first one that had a SMOOTH browsing experience even with flash playing... That was very impressive to me at the time.

After that it's just been android all the way for me.

The EVO was a bigger game changer than the iPhone 4

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The EVO was a bigger game changer than the iPhone 4

Yea it was a bigger game changer for its respective os.. Sure i agree with that. But that's only because a lot of android phones were pretty much trash before it when I it came to polish/battery/etc. Iphone 4 was comming off a already hugely successful 3gs that ran and performed better than any other phone before it. It wasn't a a huge jump because a huge jump didn't feel that needed on the ios side of things around that time.

Also the EVO was the first real "super specced phone" on the Android side.

The phone itself was overrated to me though.. I'll never forget making my first legit jump to android from iphone to try out the EVO and being disgusted at how ashy the screen was and how unpolished and choppy scrolling all across the board it was in comparison.

The gs2 was what I expected the EVO to be performance wise when I first activated it in store.

I won't hate how successful it was and how deep the root and rom community was for it... People that were die hard android made it the phone to get but if you were consumed in iphone it didn't sway me at all after using it.