Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The data throttling on tmobile is such trash. Its such filth. What is the point of unlimited data if you get dial up speeds after 2 gigs of data. I eat that up on youtube in a day. Its so demonic, friends. :sitdown:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
@GoldenGlove..... Its the spotty sprint coverage. Its not the phone its the radio in the phone + sprint coverage. My phone does the same thing. LTE is still in its infant stage

Yea golden.. Its sprint.. Trust me me and my girl both have a gs3..hers sprint and mine Verizon... Sprints service is ass juice when it comes to data breh... That's why I left lol. A little of it might be the software but sprint is to blame for most of that im sure.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3

Last edited by a moderator:

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yea golden.. Its sprint.. Trust me me and my girl both have a gs3..hers sprint and mine Verizon... Sprints service is ass juice when it comes to data breh... That's why I left lol. A little of it might be the software but sprint is to blame for most of that im sure.

def. sprint radio :weirdo:

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
The data throttling on tmobile is such trash. Its such filth. What is the point of unlimited data if you get dial up speeds after 2 gigs of data. I eat that up on youtube in a day. Its so demonic, friends. :sitdown:

You must still be on the 2 GB "Unlimited Data" plan like I am. I'm thinking about spending the extra 10 bucks for true unlimited.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
You must still be on the 2 GB "Unlimited Data" plan like I am. I'm thinking about spending the extra 10 bucks for true unlimited.

Its only 10 dollars more? :manny: Mine as well friend, this is ridiculous. I spent a day at work listening to youtube vids you know whistling while i work and stuff and then this morning i got the mess throttled out of me. I can literally forget about streaming youtube now. My phone looking at me like, "this is my dad?" :ld:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@GoldenGlove..... Its the spotty sprint coverage. Its not the phone its the radio in the phone + sprint coverage. My phone does the same thing. LTE is still in its infant stage

:beli:

No it's not. There's threads all over xda and s4gru about this specific phone just not connecting to LTE while other phones like the GS3 do when they're side by side.

I know LTE is in my neighborhood. And I've connected to it plenty of times, it's the reason why I'm getting annoyed by the shyt. Especially when people with GS3s aren't having this issue.

After looking into it, this issue was known about before the phone even dropped. So, it's not an network issue in this case.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Again. No it's not.

In my neighborhood LTE IS LIVE. Now that that is out of the way.

I don't believe you were in an LTE area with Sprint. I am in an LTE network, I've posted the screen shots of the data speeds when the phone can connect to it.

Basically, the EVO LTE has to have it's radio cycled sometimes to connect to a weak LTE signal. And the phone will connect to a strong 3G signal instead of staying on a weak LTE signal even though the data speeds are way better on LTE. Here's some quotes and links to s4gru and the guy that runs the site who knows WAY too much about Sprint's network and who has tested multiple LTE ready devices on their Now Network.

Evo LTE serious problems or bull? - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates
In my extensive LTE testing, I never once had the EVO LTE connect to LTE before the GNex, Viper or GS3 on its own. It was always last. And rarely would get it on its own without cycling unless waiting for it to with a strong signal present.

You seem to have the only flawless EVO LTE. What you are describing is not characteristic of the EVO LTE in all my usage and device testing, nor what I have read from 100's of others have posted. Be thankful that you got the good one.

This problem existed before the EVO LTE even released. We have been discussing this for a long, long time. Sprint even knew about this before it left lab testing. Sprint even admits there is a problem.

Robert

EDIT: Here is an old thread where I referenced it back before the EVO LTE released: http://s4gru.com/ind...dpost__p__16497

And a subsequent article: http://s4gru.com/ind...on-as-may-15th/

I will say that the LTE connectivity issues don't seem to be a problem on the EVO LTE until you use LTE side by side on it with other Sprint LTE devices (as both you and I have done, and many others in these forums). That is when the EVO LTE connectivity issues become apparent.

Otherwise, EVO LTE users are blissfully ignorant that there is a problem. They probably just figure that LTE is not yet deployed in their area, or when it connects automatically in one spot, but doesn't in the same spot the next day, they must think that Sprint must be testing service.

As most of you know, I don't know how many times (100's?) I have had to reason with EVO LTE customers who are mad that LTE is not working in their neighborhood, even though it is shown on S4GRU Maps and Sprint coverage maps. They think Sprint is just lying, when in reality, they just couldn't connect to it.

Robert

So again, miss me with the bullshyt. Yes Sprint's Network is trash overall, but for the few that have LTE, the shyt is gravy. I've been on LTE and it's nice. I just want my fukking phone to connect to the shyt without having to toggle between airplane mode, or go into dev setting screens and switching between radio settings, the shyt is gay as fukk.

:aicmon:

Here's some more links if you still don't believe what I'm talking about.

HTC EVO lte connection issues - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates
LTE problem in EvoLTE vs GS3? - xda-developers
Likelihood of a LTE fix? - xda-developers

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
And my boy, with the same phone as me, lives in the same town, has never seen an 4G signal even though the shyt has been live for a few months now.

:dead: @ me asking him if he's been on LTE yet and him looking at me like I'm crazy.

If you're not on xda from time to time, or in the know to this shyt you're just going to be clueless to the shyt. I'm about to call em up and see what they say. Depending on that, I'll go to a Sprint store and show them what I'm talking about with a GS3 side by side my shyt.

They won't have any excuse in the world that will fly with me at that point.