JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
This has been happening since the Nexus One, how did they take back control of anything? Wait till next year when the Sprint version of the Nexus 4 pops up with LTE.

that's not true. The Nexus One is the only other time this has happened. "Since" does not apply here

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
So which is it, is it gonna be a major seller or is it not meant to be a big seller :deadrose:

Its going to sell but it wasnt created to sell. People gravitated towards it and its becoming a consumer brand. Its a lead device aka OEM please follow direction this is what your phone suppose to look like and feel like. The nexus line is genius because OEM don't mind Google having their own products. Look at Microsoft and the backlash they are getting from OEM.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Its going to sell but it wasnt created to sell. People gravitated towards it and its becoming a consumer brand. Its a lead device aka OEM please follow direction this is what your phone suppose to look like and feel like. The nexus line is genius because OEM don't mind Google having their own products. Look at Microsoft and the backlash they are getting from OEM.

People gravitated to the Samsung Galaxy brand name not Nexus

This phone will flop with consumers and wont sell as much as the Galaxy Nexus for obvious reasons

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
that's not true. The Nexus One is the only other time this has happened. "Since" does not apply here

So you're saying Google has not always been in control of ALL the GSM nexus devices as far as updates go? I mean depending on what version of the GSM Galaxy Nexus you have(yakju, yakjuxw etc.) Samsung pushes the update, but that's a different tale. Google has always controlled the GSM Nexus devices. The only thing y'all know about the CDMA versions is that they take longer to get updates, but the "why" is question y'all should be asking. CDMA and GSM are totally different technologies and there is no way around the Nexus/CDMA mess until VoLTE(which is GSM based technology) is standard, which won't be standard till around 2015. So either bytch for 3 more years or just buy the GSM version of the phone.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
So you're saying Google has not always been in control of ALL the GSM nexus devices as far as updates go?

No, I'm saying that aside from the Nexus One and the Nexus 4 (and the tablets) Google hasn't been able to have complete control over a device cuz they've been tryna play nice with carriers. Specifying it to GSM is silly because they're ALL Nexus devices. Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus were failures because Google couldn't update timely across the board. That's what I mean when I say they didn't have control over those devices

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
No, I'm saying that aside from the Nexus One and the Nexus 4 (and the tablets) Google hasn't been able to have complete control over a device cuz they've been tryna play nice with carriers. Specifying it to GSM is silly because they're ALL Nexus devices. Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus were failures because Google couldn't update timely across the board. That's what I mean when I say they didn't have control over those devices

By this logic the Nexus 4 is a failure too... I mean you know the CDMA Nexus 4 is coming. Google chose the expand the stock android experience to people stuck on CDMA carriers. Would you have preferred them to limit themselves to T-Mobile and AT&T only? There is a price to pay sure but the goal is to make stock android available to everyone regardless of carrier and they achieved that goal so calling the Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus failures is fukking stupid. You're basically saying that Google should just sit on their hands while the carriers/OEMs dictate the direction android goes because of a silly OS update delay? :snoop:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
By this logic the Nexus 4 is a failure too... I mean you know the CDMA Nexus 4 is coming.
no, we don't know that. Its pure speculation on your part

Google chose the expand the stock android experience to people stuck on CDMA carriers. Would you have preferred them to limit themselves to T-Mobile and AT&T only? There is a price to pay sure but the goal is to make stock android available to everyone regardless of carrier and they achieved that goal so calling the Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus failures is fukking stupid. You're basically saying that Google should just sit on their hands while the carriers/OEMs dictate the direction android goes because of a silly OS update delay? :snoop:

:what:

that's exactly the opposite of what I'm saying. Google is competing with carrier subsidized phones with a beautiful, unlocked, unblemished phone with low prices and timely updates. How is this letting Carriers or OEMs dictate the direction android goes in if their business model is built to take away their power

:sitdown:

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
People gravitated to the Samsung Galaxy brand name not Nexus

This phone will flop with consumers and wont sell as much as the Galaxy Nexus for obvious reasons

Are you on dust? Google don't promote their products like Samsung. Google is not trying to compete with Samsung. How come the nexus 7 out sold every Samsung tablet ? Nexus is bigger than you think bro. Google name carry more weight in the US. It shows that people want Google products

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
This faster updates shyt may apply to phone nerds but the casual phone user either doesn't give a shyt or doesn't know the difference. The majority of people that will end up with the Nexus 4 will end up with it because its the latest Google phone out, and its cheaper. Their priority will not be because they get faster updates, the casual user doesn't know the difference anyway.

Go out and talk to some random google phone users and mention the names gingerbread, ice cream sandwich, jellybean etc... and see if they know wtf you are talking about or if they even know what version their own phone is on.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
This faster updates shyt may apply to phone nerds but the casual phone user either doesn't give a shyt or doesn't know the difference. The majority of people that will end up with the Nexus 4 will end up with it because its the latest Google phone out, and its cheaper. Their priority will not be because they get faster updates, the casual user doesn't know the difference anyway.

Go out and talk to some random google phone users and mention the names gingerbread, ice cream sandwich, jellybean etc... and see if they know wtf you are talking about or if they even know what version their own phone is on.

:owerd: the casual user does understand their phone bill though :trollmelo:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
:owerd: the casual user does understand their phone bill though :trollmelo:

And they will bounce from major carrier to major carrier looking for the best deal. Going prepaid isn't mainstream as of yet, and is only popular among people with bad credit that don't want to pay the deposit to be on a major carrier. The pulse on the-coli does not match what is happening in reality. We are phone nerds most people are far, FAR from that.

Daps

The casual phone user won't know this phone exists