JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Y'all got blinders on...they wouldn't invest hundreds of millions in LTE if they felt their HSPA+ was equal, they'd invest in marketing to illustrate it's equal...it's not. Enjoy your phone. Good night.

:dwillhuh:

I wasn't saying that, my point was that HSPA+ can compete against LTE in terms of speed for the near future. LTE is the future, but the fact is that right now most LTE service is only a few mbps better than T-Mobile HSPA+ service. That's not going to last obviously, but the fact that Verizon blazed out the gate with the fastest 4G service and AT&T & Sprint followed suit in getting their own LTE service, T-Mobile pretty much has no choice but to do the same. Common belief is that LTE is "BLAZING FAST" and there's a difference between 4G LTE & regular 4G. T-Mobile wouldn't be able to compete if most people believed that T-Mo don't have LTE.

So even if over the next two years, T-Mobile 42mbp HSPA+ service was competing with Verizon's LTE service...most people would just look at the fact that average Verizon LTE speeds are the fastest and shun T-Mobile. You can see it now with this unfair shunning of the Nexus 4. Reviews are telling us that it's giving us the same speeds as Verizon & AT&T LTE here in NY, but no one is talking about that. They're talking about the fact that it doesn't have LTE

:why:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You need to read up on the us carrier. People overseas buy unlock phones bro. Y'all are use to these subsidize phones thinking its normal. U rather get tied up in a contract with a LTE phone vs freedom with a 4g phone. shyt is ridiculous. Y'all are so blind. Phones cost 650$ bro. Google is trying to troll the phone industry yet all I hear about is LTE. Give it a damn rest

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

If i'm going to buy a phone flat out there is no reason to pay 90-130 dollars for an individual line. And the area I'm in TMOBILE works just as good as ATT and Verizon.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Exactly but when they do that I'd be damned if I'm still paying 160 a month for service. I will be on one of those 50 dollar plans. I have no carrier loyalty and it ain't no LTE around here.

I don't understand dudes championing LTE like its some awesome shyt. My phone bill is 95$ and I paid 299$ for my g.nex. The LTE network is vastly overrated. I'm always home or at work so I never use it because WiFi is faster. 299$ + a 30$ phone bill = what it should be anyways on all carriers. We are overpaying for nothing

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
If i'm going to buy a phone flat out there is no reason to pay 90-130 dollars for an individual line. And the area I'm in TMOBILE works just as good as ATT and Verizon.

That's what I am saying I have verizon and its trash to me. I rather pay 30$ expecting it to be trash

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
U are missing the damn point. The original idea of the nexus line was to sell unlock phones to the public with the Google experience. I have no idea why Google tried to institute the nexus on a CDMA network. They sacrificed speed for updates and it bit them in the ass. I bought my gnex for the updates not LTE. I am always on WiFi I could care less. The nexus is not a regular phone.

Shut the fukk up

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
How many of y'all Verizon heads are gonna check out that Droid DNA? :dwillhuh:

I'll never touch an HTC phone again or Verizon but I bet that 1080p screen is :takedat:

soon as my contract is up, I'm leaving Verizon. I've been bamboozled for way too long by their seductive speeds and am always left unsatisfied one way or another

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Shut the fukk up

You are retarded. I have the Verizon galaxy nexus? Do u own one then stfu about the nexus should have LTE. People who buy nexus want fast updates. Get the foh with y'all preaching shyt in my ears. Y'all say shyt without owning shyt. Jmurder and me have the same issues. We want a real nexus device. Google did the right thing ....buy a RAZR u dumb fukk google make more money off it and it has LTE

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Neither the sprint or verizon nexus have the latest update. Also android 4.2 is coming out on Tues. People who own these CDMA are frustrated. yet we hear people crying about LTE. Most of us are breaking our contracts to get an unlock phone. Google took back android. Neither verizon nor sprint who promoted the device

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
The only logical question should be why doesn't Google have the same clout as apple. This is the only question that make sense to me. We all know the answer to this already. Google and android have ways to go. Android is a cluttered mess and until they can streamline the OS then updates will always be an issue. Google is trying a new program with motorola where users get to try out the update in a soak test. We should be complaining to the carriers instead of bashing google 24/7.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
And let me note before y'all confuse this (again), I'm not championing any one phone. I'm explaining my situation, and explaining why getting the Nexus 4 over any other phone is NOT a stupid move like some ppl in here have stated. I'm not even getting the Nexus 4 unless someone buys it for me as a gift because of my ungodly 2 year contract. But if my contract were ending, these are the reasons why I would leave Verizon and cop it.

That's the beauty of Android, options. Google has dropped an affordable, sleek, sexy, and fast phone without skins or customization. Unlike Apple, they dropped a phone without sd cards in a time where they support numerous cloud options. Non-removable battery but if the battery has issues, the phone is built in a way that you can easily replace it yourself. And if this is still not enough for you, you can buy an android phone from Samsung, HTC or Motorola to whet your appetite.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
And let me note before y'all confuse this (again), I'm not championing any one phone. I'm explaining my situation, and explaining why getting the Nexus 4 over any other phone is NOT a stupid move like some ppl in here have stated. I'm not even getting the Nexus 4 unless someone buys it for me as a gift because of my ungodly 2 year contract. But if my contract were ending, these are the reasons why I would leave Verizon and cop it.

That's the beauty of Android, options. Google has dropped an affordable, sleek, sexy, and fast phone without skins or customization. Unlike Apple, they dropped a phone without sd cards in a time where they support numerous cloud options. Non-removable battery but if the battery has issues, the phone is built in a way that you can easily replace it yourself. And if this is still not enough for you, you can buy an android phone from Samsung, HTC or Motorola to whet your appetite.

I feel like we could be having better conversation on this nexus 4 topic. The nexus 10 is not even talked about. People don't see the light. They don't see the beauty of what Google is doing. Guess they never will. People think the nexus 4 is a minor upgrade

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
I feel like we could be having better conversation on this nexus 4 topic. The nexus 10 is not even talked about. People don't see the light. They don't see the beauty of what Google is doing. Guess they never will. People think the nexus 4 is a minor upgrade

The only logical question should be why doesn't Google have the same clout as apple. This is the only question that make sense to me. We all know the answer to this already. Google and android have ways to go. Android is a cluttered mess and until they can streamline the OS then updates will always be an issue. Google is trying a new program with motorola where users get to try out the update in a soak test. We should be complaining to the carriers instead of bashing google 24/7.

Neither the sprint or verizon nexus have the latest update. Also android 4.2 is coming out on Tues. People who own these CDMA are frustrated. yet we hear people crying about LTE. Most of us are breaking our contracts to get an unlock phone. Google took back android. Neither verizon nor sprint who promoted the device

You are retarded. I have the Verizon galaxy nexus? Do u own one then stfu about the nexus should have LTE. People who buy nexus want fast updates. Get the foh with y'all preaching shyt in my ears. Y'all say shyt without owning shyt. Jmurder and me have the same issues. We want a real nexus device. Google did the right thing ....buy a RAZR u dumb fukk google make more money off it and it has LTE

I've owned a G1, Nexus One, Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus among other android phones, all GSM. The Galaxy Nexus wasn't the first device with CDMA carrier woes. Everyone knows what Google is trying to do with the Nexus line of phones and it will continue to fail because it goes against the carriers model and since Google doesn't sell hardware they can't strong arm the carriers like Apple or Samsung. Google hasn't taken back control of android. Do you know how AOSP or how the Open Handset Alliance works? There's nothing new or different about the Nexus 4 and Nexus One launches apart from one being pentaband out the gate. Again... Shut the fukk up.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Nobody is bashing Google

Why do you people have a problem with people saying the Nexus has certain flaws and they are passing cause of those flaws

It doesn't mean we are bashing Google just cause we don't want the Nexus

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
I've owned a G1, Nexus One, Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus among other android phones, all GSM. The Galaxy Nexus wasn't the first device with CDMA carrier woes. Everyone knows what Google is trying to do with the Nexus line of phones and it will continue to fail because it goes against the carriers model and since Google doesn't sell hardware they can't strong arm the carriers like Apple or Samsung. Google hasn't taken back control of android. Do you know how AOSP or how the Open Handset Alliance works? There's nothing new or different about the Nexus 4 and Nexus One launches. Again... Shut the fukk up.

So releasing $299 phones and 199$ tablets is wont impact the Industry. Why was the iPad mini created? Of course the nexus 4 will shake up the industry. Google took control back meaning that the carrier is no longer in control of the new nexus device. They can update all of the nexus line at once. Moto is verizon baby. Google own moto. Verizon and google were beefing over the nexus. Why would Google bite the hand that feed them. Nexus is a side project. Moto is real business.