Daps
:skip:

Cool, I hear you. U already know what to get then. Unless it comes out that the Nexus 4 is giving comparable speeds to VZW LTE networks, it's not the phone for you

I'm still happy with my Galaxy Nexus...may not be the best available right now, but I'm good, so I wasn't upgrading regardless.

I just don't want Google to go this BS non-LTE route as matter of policy, cuz I never wanna get a non-Nexus phone again :to:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
2011!=2012

Like I said before, if it works for you then get it. I'm getting one regardless. I couldn't care less about LTE, but who am I to tell the next nikka that LTE shouldn't matter to him?

I know, my point was that phones aren't always killed even when they're missing components thought to be standard (LTE was already standard by the time the 4S dropped). The thing with most reviewers/people complaining is just the lack of LTE without realizing that the Nexus is the only HSPA+ phone hypothetically capable of reaching 42mbps in the US right now. This SHOULD soften the blow, and if you're only caring about having fast speed then you shouldn't write this phone off immediately

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
I'm still happy with my Galaxy Nexus...may not be the best available right now, but I'm good, so I wasn't upgrading regardless.

I just don't want Google to go this BS non-LTE route as matter of policy, cuz I never wanna get a non-Nexus phone again :to:

Like I said before, I have a verizon nexus and I'm guessing the Nexus 4 will have similar speeds in NYC to what I get now. If that's the case, then I could care less about it not having LTE

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Instead of LTE, the Nexus 4 relies on a 4G standard called HSPA+, which is more common outside the U.S. This network standard can be as fast or faster than LTE in places, but in my tests comparing the Nexus 4 on HSPA+ with an iPhone 5 using LTE, the differences were often stark. In one location, the two were about the same, at just under 15 megabits per second for downloads. But in two others, in two cities, the Nexus 4 on HSPA+ managed average download speeds of just 2.8 mbps and 3.8 mbps, while the iPhone 5 on LTE averaged nearly 30 mbps. Some other phones offer both LTE and HSPA+.
per the Wall Street Journal

Daps
Like I said before, I have a verizon nexus and I'm guessing the Nexus 4 will have similar speeds in NYC to what I get now. If that's the case, then I could care less about it not having LTE

I'll leave it at this: Even T-Mobile is planning on deploying an LTE network for a reason....it's the future. It's inexcusable to release a phone in 2012 without it. But if you're happy with it, be merry. :yeshrug:

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'll leave it at this: Even T-Mobile is planning on deploying an LTE network for a reason....it's the future. It's inexcusable to release a phone in 2012 without it. But if you're happy with it, be merry. :yeshrug:

Are u deaf. The nexus can't be on a carrier network. Slow updates is a fail. Buy a moto phone geez

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC

T-Mo is getting LTE because its a brand and expected feature...just like cameras with larger megapixels. After a certain point, it's really not important anymore. If LTE and HSPA+ on the Nexus are getting the same speeds, why would I care if it doesn't have LTE (and if getting timely updates are important to me, why would I want LTE if it prevents me from getting them)?

Today, LTE is standard in top-tier smartphones, making it difficult to mention the Nexus 4 in the same breath as the iPhone 5 or Galaxy S III. Yes, I understand that LTE isn't available in a lot of places, but for those who care about getting the best data connection possible, this is going to be a dealbreaker.
On the other hand, things may not be so bad if you're a T-Mobile customer. I tested the Nexus 4 on T-Mobile's 4G network in New York, and the speeds were in line with what I've seen using LTE on AT&T and Verizon. Very impressive.

Read more: Nexus 4 Review - Business Insider

Daps
Y'all got blinders on...they wouldn't invest hundreds of millions in LTE if they felt their HSPA+ was equal, they'd invest in marketing to illustrate it's equal...it's not. Enjoy your phone. Good night.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
You can't really defend the Nexus not having LTE. To some people it will matter and to some people it won't. The most you can do is understand Google's reasoning and that the price makes up for the lack of it, but defending the Nexus 4 not having LTE is kinda stupid.

U are missing the damn point. The original idea of the nexus line was to sell unlock phones to the public with the Google experience. I have no idea why Google tried to institute the nexus on a CDMA network. They sacrificed speed for updates and it bit them in the ass. I bought my gnex for the updates not LTE. I am always on WiFi I could care less. The nexus is not a regular phone.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Hspa+ is 4g not 3g. People acting like its 3g wtf.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Y'all got blinders on...they wouldn't invest hundreds of millions in LTE if they felt their HSPA+ was equal, they'd invest in marketing to illustrate it's equal...it's not. Enjoy your phone. Good night.

Who cares about speed of network. When carriers start to charge for the retail price of the phones y'all gonna flock to the nexus line

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Who cares about speed of network. When carriers start to charge for the retail price of the phones y'all gonna flock to the nexus line

Exactly but when they do that I'd be damned if I'm still paying 160 a month for service. I will be on one of those 50 dollar plans. I have no carrier loyalty and it ain't no LTE around here.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York

You need to read up on the us carrier. People overseas buy unlock phones bro. Y'all are use to these subsidize phones thinking its normal. U rather get tied up in a contract with a LTE phone vs freedom with a 4g phone. shyt is ridiculous. Y'all are so blind. Phones cost 650$ bro. Google is trying to troll the phone industry yet all I hear about is LTE. Give it a damn rest. Its like saying since u drive a new car up can never go back to a hooptie even if u lose your job and car got repoed. Don't fall in love with LTE. Carriers are raping you.