aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
You can't really defend the Nexus not having LTE. To some people it will matter and to some people it won't. The most you can do is understand Google's reasoning and that the price makes up for the lack of it, but defending the Nexus 4 not having LTE is kinda stupid.

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
idgaf about lte...i would care if i were on verizon or sprint but this phone aint meant for carriers so why should i care?

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
i know there are some areas that get slow speeds but it still doesnt mean most ares do,thats why i said youre in the minority

a couple youtube vids dont mean everybody getting slow speeds breh
And I never said "everybody getting slow speeds"

I don't even think 11-15 mbps is slow speeds cause in NYC most basic wifi is capped at 5 max.

I know most LTE is faster than NYC but even in some of those videos that were outside of NYC (one was set in Dallas) there wasn't that big of a change. As far as I know, that dude claiming LA who got 40+ mbps on LTE is the first I've heard in almost a year of such speeds on LTE in a popular city.

You can't really defend the Nexus not having LTE. To some people it will matter and to some people it won't. The most you can do is understand Google's reasoning and that the price makes up for the lack of it, but defending the Nexus 4 not having LTE kinda stupid.

If the Nexus runs at 20+ Mbps, is it really that big of a deal? honestly...

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
you guys are going back and forth about the wrong thing.

IDGAF if its 200 down...its capped.

Capped = Unacceptable

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
If the Nexus runs at 20+ Mbps, is it really that big of a deal? honestly...

Tell that to someone coming for a GS3/iPhone 5/One X that's already used to their LTE speeds... again, all you have to do it understand why it LTE is not included, trying to defend it is stupid. If Apple launched the IP5 without LTE there would be a 20+ page thread about it on the front page.

Daps
I agree with what you're saying...my main argument has been against people who are saying 16GBs is too small. I'm sitting here like :what:

what do you need all that space for? But then again I have a tablet that I use to watch movies via Netflix, Hulu and HBO GO

Personally, I hardly use much of any physical storage on my phone. More for non-multimedia docs, than anything else, so storage isn't much of a concern for me.

LTE is a must for me tho.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Personally, I hardly use much of any physical storage on my phone. More for non-multimedia docs, than anything else, so storage isn't much of a concern for me.

LTE is a must for me tho.

what kind of speeds you gettin on your LTE phone, and whats your location?

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Tell that to someone coming for a GS3/iPhone 5/One X that's already used to their LTE speeds... again, you all you have to do it understand why it LTE is not included, trying to defend it is stupid. If Apple launched the IP5 without LTE there would be a 20+ page thread about it on the front page.

Apple already launched a phone without LTE last year, and it wasn't a big deal.

:yeshrug:

and like I said before, Nexus 4 is faster than most hspa+ phones so if it's giving you comparable speeds to LTE then what's the big deal?

I posted earlier that I got confirmation of 27+ Mbps down on the Nexus 4 in SF (up from 12 mbps on the Galaxy Nexus with the same sim card). I'm willing to bet that that means the Nexus 4 would run at about 12 mbps in NYC...that's what I'm getting now anyway on my Verizon LTE service

Daps
what kind of speeds you gettin on your LTE phone, and whats your location?

Last I checked I was in the 20s....but it varies. In Boston. I think speedtest's are largely pointless outside of pissing contests, since even within the same area speeds can vary greatly.

I do know that I KILL any of my non-VZW friend's speeds when we're side-by-side...that's what matters to me.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
Apple already launched a phone without LTE last year, and it wasn't a big deal.

:yeshrug:

and like I said before, Nexus 4 is faster than most hspa+ phones so if it's giving you comparable speeds to LTE then what's the big deal?

I posted earlier that I got confirmation of 27+ Mbps down on the Nexus 4 in SF (up from 12 mbps on the Galaxy Nexus with the same sim card). I'm willing to bet that that means the Nexus 4 would run at about 12 mbps in NYC...that's what I'm getting now anyway on my Verizon LTE service

2011!=2012

Like I said before, if it works for you then get it. I'm getting one regardless. I couldn't care less about LTE, but who am I to tell the next nikka that LTE shouldn't matter to him?

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Last I checked I was in the 20s....but it varies. In Boston. I think speedtest's are largely pointless outside of pissing contests, since even within the same area speeds can vary greatly.

I do know that I KILL any of my non-VZW friend's speeds when we're side-by-side...that's what matters to me.

:skip:

Cool, I hear you. U already know what to get then. Unless it comes out that the Nexus 4 is giving comparable speeds to VZW LTE networks, it's not the phone for you