Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
you cats dont get it. Stock android= google products. Samsung products are based on android. Its like an acura compared to a Honda. Can the acura function without the honda parts?? NO. Its a honda egine at the end of the day. You are saying who cares about photoshere but it ties in with what google is trying to accomplish. Photosphere links street view+ google now+ google maps + and Google+. Just because samsung dont adapt certain features dont mean that they are useless. Google now>>> any feature samsung ever came up with. You wont use it but millions of people will use the feature. The plus to having a nexus is long shelf life, quick timely updates, googles vision, pure android, and ASOP goodies.

:wtf: I have google now, I will have photosphere when the Note 2 gets the update. I don't get why you all are acting like these features will stay exclusive to only the Nexus line. Sure we won't get the update as soon as a Nexus phone but again these features don't make or break the phone.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:heh: Its the same platform....why are yall putting android phones against each other. cut this stupid shyt out. Buy your device and move on. They are all great phones.:win:

exactly. Each has a different thing they bring but if we are all just going to run a stock rom only minute things matter.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
:wtf: I have google now, I will have photosphere when the Note 2 gets the update. I don't get why you all are acting like these features will stay exclusive to only the Nexus line. Sure we won't get the update as soon as a Nexus phone but again these features don't make or break the phone.

again you are lost in comprehension. Android is not google. Samsung has to license the google apps for their devices. Take away all of the googles services :rudy:. Now compare samsung devices vs stock android. Android is successful because of google. If samsung decide to pull a kindle fire is the day they will be finish. Samsung needs google/android. If samsung didnt add google now to their device the people would of rioted. Anyways the nexus and galaxy line are aimed at 2 different audience. The nexus line is a dev line. You think its wise for a developer to uy a samsung phone and wait 5 months for an update??? or buy a $299 phone and use it to stay updated???

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
exactly. Each has a different thing they bring but if we are all just going to run a stock rom only minute things matter.

Android need skins to be stay afloat. Do their need skin from every OEM no but their products are based on android. Its like HTML codes. same codes for the web site but they tweak it to be different. If eevry site had the same layout then it would be overkill. Stock android is googles niche. google dont give a fukk about skins they make money off ads

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
again you are lost in comprehension. Android is not google. Samsung has to license the google apps for their devices. Take away all of the googles services :rudy:. Now compare samsung devices vs stock android. Android is successful because of google. If samsung decide to pull a kindle fire is the day they will be finish. Samsung needs google/android. If samsung didnt add google now to their device the people would of rioted. Anyways the nexus and galaxy line are aimed at 2 different things. The nexus line is a dev line.

Nah I'm not lost in comprehension but apparently you are. Any google app that comes out will be on my phone, whenever it updates.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Brehs. I decided to give AKOSP a chance and now my google search app closes or stop working. Is google search the thing that updates apps? can you get buy without using the google search?

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Nah I'm not lost in comprehension but apparently you are. Any google app that comes out will be on my phone, whenever it updates.

you are saying samsung makes better android devices right?? but you are factoring in googles services :what: Like i said take off the google apps and compare the nexus 4 vs GS3 or note 2 :shaq:

my point is google services is why people buy android phones over ios and windows phones. Android is good by itself but google maps, gmail, claendar, search etc is what makes the gs3 popular dont kid yourself. Most people wont use those features that samsung implemented. My other point is nexus = google services experience/ pure android experience. People dont want the extra features, bloatware, slow updates, hardware buttons, capactive buttons, skin launchers etc.... minimalist people like stock android

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Brehs. I decided to give AKOSP a chance and now my google search app closes or stop working. Is google search the thing that updates apps? can you get buy without using the google search?

did you wipe and do a factory reset before flashing??? factory reset is very important

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
did you wipe and do a factory reset before flashing??? factory reset is very important

Yes I did and even have the gapps package. The google search is the only stock app not working. It seems as if i have all the 4.2 apps working to include the new clock.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Cop what you want to cop... After owning many android phones I know now what's important to me and I've been through the whole "right now i have everything I want or need so I don't care if I don't get updates right away"... Fact of the matter is... When android makes another update that brings something new that I really want.. That's when I'll really feel it and not having timely updates start to matter. I'm thinking down the road.. I want updates when they drop... Not 4-6 months later. The gs3 is a excellent phone and the software is dope right NOW.. but when android 5 drop... Or 4.3..or whatever comes... With whatever features... I'm pretty sure I'll be right back in that position of wishing i had a certain feature... So yes.. Having a PURE Google phone when updates straight from Google immediately is a huge advantage for me.

The galaxy series and touchwiz did bring some dope exclusive features this time around... No denying that. I'm confident in the galaxy series to bring top of the line hardware when it drops and keep it for a little while... That's why they always pull me in to getting one. But at the end of the day... For me... The best phone to get will always be a nexus phone... Because software is the most important part of any smartphone for me and nexus doesn't fail when it comes to that.

I'll probably keep my Galaxy 3 regardless... I want to get more into fooling with these phones and software and i rather do it on a phone that's no my main everyday phone... So keeping one for that and the other for only stock/official tweaking might be the best for me. I can't be manually updating roms every time a new tweak drops for a bug or battery life when I'm constantly using my phone all day...

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Android is about choices. When someone say why are you excited for a new phone then they dont get the strength or point of android. You have stock android that many people are in love with the you have skinned android which many people hate/love. We need all of them for android to innovate. samsung brings alot to the table. So does HTC and so does google

HTC-best screen - 1080P
Samsung- most advanced features and hardware
LG- great screen display tied with HTC and best hardware
Sony-Best camera
Motorola- best battery life
Nexus- best software.....new features and innovations

CHOICES= A WIN so stfu about other android devices thats not your own personal phone

Innovation in 2012 alone....android implemented

Quadcore with LTE in their phones
Created a beast camera across the board. Even better than Nokia 920 pure view
360 degree panorama
fastest phone with the optimus G
1080P screen
5.5 inch phone with 3100 MAH battery
A higher resolution screen than the ipad and iphone
perfected swype keyboard

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
you are saying samsung makes better android devices right?? but you are factoring in googles services :what: Like i said take off the google apps and compare the nexus 4 vs GS3 or note 2 :shaq:

my point is google services is why people buy android phones over ios and windows phones. Android is good by itself but google maps, gmail, claendar, search etc is what makes the gs3 popular dont kid yourself. Most people wont use those features that samsung implemented. My other point is nexus = google services experience/ pure android experience. People dont want the extra features, bloatware, slow updates, hardware buttons, capactive buttons, skin launchers etc.... minimalist people like stock android

:dead:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown

No, now you are putting words in my mouth. All I am saying is the experience between the Note II and Nexus line isn't vastly different. You have an agenda though, carry on.....

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
The Cop what you want to cop... After owning many android phones I know now what's important to me and I've been through the whole "right now i have everything I want or need so I don't care if I don't get updates right away"... Fact of the matter is... When android makes another update that brings something new that I really want.. That's when I'll really feel it and not having timely updates start to matter. I'm thinking down the road.. I want updates when they drop... Not 4-6 months later. The gs3 is a excellent phone and the software is dope right NOW.. but when android 5 drop... Or 4.3..or whatever comes... With whatever features... I'm pretty sure I'll be right back in that position of wishing i had a certain feature... So yes.. Having a PURE Google phone when updates straight from Google immediately is a huge advantage for me.

The galaxy series and touchwiz did bring some dope exclusive features this time around... No denying that. I'm confident in the galaxy series to bring top of the line hardware when it drops and keep it for a little while... That's why they always pull me in to getting one. But at the end of the day... For me... The best phone to get will always be a nexus phone... Because software is the most important part of any smartphone for me and nexus doesn't fail when it comes to that.

I'll probably keep my Galaxy 3 regardless... I want to get more into fooling with these phones and software and i rather do it on a phone that's no my main everyday phone... So keeping one for that and the other for only stock/official tweaking might be the best for me. I can't be manually updating roms every time a new tweak drops for a bug or battery life when I'm constantly using my phone all day...

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3

you see the difference between stock android and skin android on a tablet :huhldup:

Stock android should be the only thing on a tablet IMO. matter fact google should be the only one making android tablets :wow: