amare68

Burr
Daps
Reppin
Sydney
droid gang help..jus bought a galaxy tab 2..any help would be appreciated, tricks, cool apps, customizations etc..links or videos would be nice .. thnks

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
From what am reading its automatic, another thing to watch out for is that you don't get a actual card popping up you get a notification of a card in your notification bar, I used to not check them cause Google Now would only give me weather updates

Ok thanks

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Tethering is not free on tmobile and hasnt been since ICS

this nikka just be flat out lying to yall like he really know what he talking about :why:

nikka aint even on tmobile

If you want free tethering you gotta root

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

If you but a phone off contract and buy a t mobile sim, they can't detect tethering. I believe that was the discussion

Edit: so once again, if you buy the Nexus via Play Store, you can tether free on stock Android. Another reason not to buy on contract

Tha Snowman

Rookie
Daps
Breh I dont have to look shyt up

I can easily open up netflix on my phone right now and watch a movie in sd then click the hd button and there is a big difference in quality but you want me to ignore what I see with my own eyes and go by some shyt you read on the net :comeon: FOH

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

:heh: That's not even the same thing. Netflix sd/hd != dvd/bluray.

A 700 mb dvd rip and that 4 gig bluray rip are going to look nearly identical. Probably slight edge to the BR, but probably not enough to warrant the size increase unless you plan on outputting to a tv. Pretty amazing phones can play those files flawlessly now though.

Question though, most bluray rips are just over 4 gigs. What format is your sdcard formatted in?

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
If you but a phone off contract and buy a t mobile sim, they can't detect tethering. I believe that was the discussion

Edit: so once again, if you buy the Nexus via Play Store, you can tether free on stock Android. Another reason not to buy on contract

thats precisely what i meant or use foxfi

Tha Snowman

Rookie
Daps

Correct. They killed tethering on tmobile branded phones that got ICS updates. Unbranded unlocked phones should tether just fine.

screenshot2012110913341.png

http://androidcommunity.com/t-mobiles-free-tethering-ends-with-ics-upgrades-20120515/

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
droid gang help..jus bought a galaxy tab 2..any help would be appreciated, tricks, cool apps, customizations etc..links or videos would be nice .. thnks

I have one. Just recently put CM10 on it and never looked back. Don't know if you want to root or not though. If you do:

1. Download the Samsung USB Drivers onto your computer
2. Download Odin3-1.85_3 onto your computer
3. Download GT-p51xx_ClockworkMod-Touch_recovery_6.0.1.2 (assuming you have the 10 inch, if you have the 7 inch, it's probably 3113... to be sure, go into settings and "about" on your tablet and it should have the model number there)
4. Download cwm-root-gtab2 onto your computer and transfer it to your tablet (or you could just download it directly onto your tablet)

5. Open up the Odin program on your computer
6. Turn your tablet to download mode by pressing volume up and power button
7. connect tablet to computer via usb cable provided.
8. In Odin, click where it says PDA and browse and select the GT-pxxxx_ClockworkMod-Touch_recovery_6.0.1.2 file you downloaded earlier.
9. Click start.
10. After it's done and you see the green box in Odin, hold down volume down and power button your tablet to enter into recovery mode. You should see some option that says "flash from internal sd card" or something. Click that, and click on the cwm-root-gtab2 you put on there earlier and click yes.

11. After that flashes and reboots, download the superuser app from the market place. Open it up and give it permissions. You should now be rooted.

After that, just download the newest CM10 nightly from XDA and gapps-jb020121011-signed onto your tablet... go into recovery mode... flash the cm10 nightly zip, then flash the gapps zip, then wipe data and cache... reboot and you should have CM10 up and running

also, go to this forum and start reading:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1596

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
ps google is in cocky mode. They are on their fukk carrier shyt. Google wallet is about to be on windows and ios. Google is quietly rebelling against carriers :whoo: They had the balls to take their nexus line off LTE :win:

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
been doing some research and if you can prove you are moving out of country verizon wil cancel ETF :ehh:

amare68

Burr
Daps
Reppin
Sydney
I have one. Just recently put CM10 on it and never looked back. Don't know if you want to root or not though. If you do:

1. Download the Samsung USB Drivers onto your computer
2. Download Odin3-1.85_3 onto your computer
3. Download GT-p51xx_ClockworkMod-Touch_recovery_6.0.1.2 (assuming you have the 10 inch, if you have the 7 inch, it's probably 3113... to be sure, go into settings and "about" on your tablet and it should have the model number there)
4. Download cwm-root-gtab2 onto your computer and transfer it to your tablet (or you could just download it directly onto your tablet)

5. Open up the Odin program on your computer
6. Turn your tablet to download mode by pressing volume up and power button
7. connect tablet to computer via usb cable provided.
8. In Odin, click where it says PDA and browse and select the GT-pxxxx_ClockworkMod-Touch_recovery_6.0.1.2 file you downloaded earlier.
9. Click start.
10. After it's done and you see the green box in Odin, hold down volume down and power button your tablet to enter into recovery mode. You should see some option that says "flash from internal sd card" or something. Click that, and click on the cwm-root-gtab2 you put on there earlier and click yes.

11. After that flashes and reboots, download the superuser app from the market place. Open it up and give it permissions. You should now be rooted.

After that, just download the newest CM10 nightly from XDA and gapps-jb020121011-signed onto your tablet... go into recovery mode... flash the cm10 nightly zip, then flash the gapps zip, then wipe data and cache... reboot and you should have CM10 up and running

also, go to this forum and start reading:

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 - xda-developers

woah thanks for that yeh im on xda-developers now looks like no sleep 2nyt..was looking for simple use but looks like im gna go deep no homo

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
woah thanks for that yeh im on xda-developers now looks like no sleep 2nyt..was looking for simple use but looks like im gna go deep no homo

no problem... the part I forgot is that when you're in download mode and have Odin in your computer, uncheck auto-reboot before you click start. Then just reboot it straight into recovery manually.

let me know if you have any other questions

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im not feeling cymod 10 like that how come my battery life fails in comparison to others it's something i have on here that isn't allowing my gs3 to sleep. I also like the paranoid android rom's look better.