NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes.. EXCEPT the cameras are better on the s3 and the s3 has expandable storage and a battery you can take out and extend if you please. On the nexus.. You can't switch out batteries and the memory is NOT expandable.

The nexus has faster processor... Sharper screen.. And stock Android and faster android updates.... Which is always a plus over skinned android on the gs3 and HTC phones, etc.

If you are fine with not having expandable onboard storage and not being able to switch out your battery... Along with not having "true" Lte... Then the nexus is the easy choice. I'm going to order a nexus myself and I own a gs3.. I'm going to try it out and see if I can handle not having true Lte and no expandable storage/no battery swapping and go from there.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3

what if the galaxy s3 is running the same stock rom?

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Not for phones using only Verizon's LTE spectrum.

When that spectrum block was up for grabs, Google's first bid was the minimum needed to make that spectrum block have some kind of open use stipulation. Verizon then bought it to use for LTE rollout.

Only reason Google bid was to make sure whoever bought had to abide by those rules. :myman:

I give it 2 years before Google puts out an LTE only phone.

This is true but as we saw with the Galaxy Nexus, it was all for nothing since Verizon didn't abide by that shyt. They don't care about being open, so I wouldn't bet on a Verizon Nexus phone for at least another two generations

Edit: if at all

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Yall still trying to convince people to buy the nexus :heh:

This phone should be a easy pass unless you're a light user or have a unlimited plan on tmobile

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
The point of the nexus is to be a reference device for android based phones. Its the direction Google want android to go in. Remove able battery vs wireless charging. Which one is the future?? Android is becoming more like apple if you look at it like that. Android is maturing and dudes hate it. Same way people is crying over the phone UI on the tablets. When you Start to actually use it then when you discover the genius. But Samsung still have SD cards and remove able battery. Samsung is behind in design for that very reason. Nexus 4 is pushing design, specs and innovation. If you think the iPhone 5, gs3 or Any other phone is better than you are geeked off specs. Nexus 4 is the true android phone every thing else is based on android. Pure android have some issues that we have to deal with. Wireless pad is in some Starbucks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
This is true but as we saw with the Galaxy Nexus, it was all for nothing since Verizon didn't abide by that shyt. They don't care about being open, so I wouldn't bet on a Verizon Nexus phone for at least another two generations

Edit: if at all

No fukk Verizon. AT&T all the way. AT&T take risks

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yall still trying to convince people to buy the nexus :heh:

This phone should be a easy pass unless you're a light user or have a unlimited plan on tmobile

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

Easy pass lol. In a few years there will no subsidized phones. Keep thinking sprint and T-Mobile will suffer subsidizing phones

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Chrome book....chrome os = in the cloud only. No desktop. For $250 its a steal

Can you expand the storage like a phone?

also if you are able to stream movies from a portable HD im def going to be looking into 1.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Can you expand the storage like a phone?

also if you are able to stream movies from a portable HD im def going to be looking into 1.

No you can't expand storage, there is a remote desktop app so you should be able to stream. Also keep in mind it's a cloud book so he will primarily be using in inside the house or where there is wifi

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
hold up so the weekend of the 16-17 T-Mobile is going to have the galaxy note 2 and s3 for free with the 2 year contract?