CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Next Nexus might have LTE. Verizon's 4G LTE Rollout Will Be Complete By Mid-2013 - And This Actually Has Some Cool Implications

Verizon's LTE network already covers 250 million people, a landmark AT&T expects to reach at the end of 2013. And as we know, Verizon will also begin its VoLTE (voice over LTE) rollout some time before the end of 2013, which will almost certainly make it America's first VoLTE network of any substantial size. This puts Verizon on the fast track to begin phasing out its CDMA equipment, and become a full-on GSM carrier. By the end of 2014, it's quite likely we'll start seeing unlocked multi-band LTE phones that support both Verizon and AT&T, and that will allow you to go back and fourth between the two. Eventually, T-Mobile and Sprint will probably get lumped into this interoperability (you know, by 2034), just in time for wireless network standards to completely change again.

Won't mean shyt since Verizon will likely block unlocked phones.

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
You keep regurgitating this. The only thing planned for the 11/11 update is the addition of lock screen widgets, which has been running on some nexus 4 handsets for some time now. Don't expect anything ground breaking with the update, you'll only be setting yourself up for disappointment. The most important thing about the update will be whether or not it addresses the thermal throttling issues that plague the phone. The Optimus G also suffers from the same problem... again, until anadtech reviews this phone all other reviews are pointless bias based opinions... Some say it has good battery life, others disagree, some knock it for not having LTE while forgetting about its price, the glass back etc...

This.

Nexus 4 will be one the hottest phones out, but it's not without it's problems ,just like any other phone. From what I've been reading on XDA, that update ain't gonna do shyt in regards to performance.

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
Won't mean shyt since Verizon will likely block unlocked phones.

Not for phones using only Verizon's LTE spectrum.

When that spectrum block was up for grabs, Google's first bid was the minimum needed to make that spectrum block have some kind of open use stipulation. Verizon then bought it to use for LTE rollout.

Only reason Google bid was to make sure whoever bought had to abide by those rules. :myman:

I give it 2 years before Google puts out an LTE only phone.

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY

When that spectrum block was up for grabs, Google's first bid was the minimum needed to make that spectrum block have some kind of open use stipulation. Verizon then bought it to use for LTE rollout.

Only reason Google bid was to make sure whoever bought had to abide by those rules. :myman:

:ohhh:

themoreyouknow.jpg

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
You keep regurgitating this. The only thing planned for the 11/11 update is the addition of lock screen widgets, which has been running on some nexus 4 handsets for some time now. Don't expect anything ground breaking with the update, you'll only be setting yourself up for disappointment. The most important thing about the update will be whether or not it addresses the thermal throttling issues that plague the phone. The Optimus G also suffers from the same problem... again, until anadtech reviews this phone all other reviews are pointless bias based opinions... Some say it has good battery life, others disagree, some knock it for not having LTE while forgetting about its price, the glass back etc...

BETA software= Final Version now?? What did duarte say to the verge. This is not the official phone its a beta. None of the reviewers have the final version because it would of been hacked. Reviewers have Beta android 4.2 aka the soak leak version. The Beta dont have HDR camera option, day dreaming mode, lock screen widgets, new gmail with pinch to zoom, etc... The Reviewer model will be updated 2 days before the official ones come out. I expect an update to immediately follow to 4.2.1 for bug fixes. Since the phones aent connetcted to a carriers google can push updates any time they please. Phones come out the box with issues. Engineer work on to fix those bugs. None of the software issues, battery life, heat etc mean anything until the units are shipped out. A new Kernel can fix these issues :win: Read the reviews and you can see the difference between the reviews. Google dont care about reviews because its a nexus. They can fix anything at any time. Google is not predictable and thats why the media hates them. The nexus 10 is not even performing up to standard with the leak android 4.2

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York

Motorola exist you know. Why people bypass this :shaq2:

They can put the internal of the nexus into the razr line if they want. People act like google dont have choices. Nexus is a side ASOP project. Motorola is more valuable to google

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
Motorola exist you know. Why people bypass this :shaq2:

They can put the internal of the nexus into the razr line if they want. People act like google dont have choices. Nexus is a side ASOP project. Motorola is more valuable to google

Razr? Verizon aint putting out an all-LTE phone with their brand on it. They gonna keep CDMA on it to keep it locked to their company.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Razr? Verizon aint putting out an all-LTE phone with their brand on it. They gonna keep CDMA on it to keep it locked to their company.

CDMA will be dead in 2 years. LTE will rule. 3G will be taken off. Im sure the galaxy S4 wont have a 3G toggle option. The razr line is verizon bread and butter because they hate Apple. Google took the nexus line off verizon because they dont want their bad relationship with verizon to affect the razr line. Verizon only like droids for some odd reason

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
BETA software= Final Version now?? What did duarte say to the verge. This is not the official phone its a beta. None of the reviewers have the final version because it would of been hacked. Reviewers have Beta android 4.2 aka the soak leak version. The Beta dont have HDR camera option, day dreaming mode, lock screen widgets, new gmail with pinch to zoom, etc... The Reviewer model will be updated 2 days before the official ones come out. I expect an update to immediately follow to 4.2.1 for bug fixes. Since the phones aent connetcted to a carriers google can push updates any time they please. Phones come out the box with issues. Engineer work on to fix those bugs. None of the software issues, battery life, heat etc mean anything until the units are shipped out. A new Kernel can fix these issues :win: Read the reviews and you can see the difference between the reviews. Google dont care about reviews because its a nexus. They can fix anything at any time. Google is not predictable and thats why the media hates them. The nexus 10 is not even performing up to standard with the leak android 4.2

People from a distance can't tell who is who

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm going to order the nexus and keep my gs3 while I play with it. If the battery life is fugazi it might be hard to keep.

I wish I could eat off that 30 dollar plan tmobile offers but that 100 minutes a month seems hard to achieve... They ain't got nothing that gives a little more minutes with the same unlimited for under 50?

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
I'm going to order the nexus and keep my gs3 while I play with it. If the battery life is fugazi it might be hard to keep.

I wish I could eat off that 30 dollar plan tmobile offers but that 100 minutes a month seems hard to achieve... They ain't got nothing that gives a little more minutes with the same unlimited for under 50?

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3
You can try Simple Mobile but if you want HSPA+ speed you're gonna have to go with the $50 plan.