JohnL

Rookie
Daps
Samsung or HTC? im thinking

I meant your wireless provider when I said carrier but it doesn't matter I'll just go ahead and tell you the best phones.

The Samsung Galaxy S3 and HTC One X are the best android phones currently on the market in my opinion. The S3 is not currently out in the US but based rumors/sources it should be out by the end of June to early July for most carriers(it launches in Canada on June 20th, more on this later). The HTC One X is currently available on AT&T and will be available on sprint on June 2nd under the HTC Evo 4G LTE name.

Reviews,

AT&T HTC One X:
HTC One X review | The Verge

Sprint HTC Evo 4G LTE:
HTC Evo 4G LTE review | The Verge

The only reviews out for the Galaxy S3 are for the international version which will more than likely uses a different CPU(no exynos) than the North American version Other than that the specs should be the same.

International Galaxy S3:
Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III review: S to the third - GSMArena.com
Samsung Galaxy S III review | The Verge

Comparison review between the HTC one X and the Galaxy S3:
Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III vs. HTC One X: Alien vs. Predator - GSMArena.com

The Official specs of the of the American Galaxy S3 should be the same as the specs of the Canadian versions. The official specs for the Canadian version came out yesterday:

AnandTech - Samsung Makes Canadian SGS3 Variants with Krait Official.

The major differences between the Canadian version and the International version is the use of the Same CPU as the one in the AT&T HTC One X(dual core S4 krait) and they went ahead and increased the Ram to 2Gb's. This means the performance between the two phones should be similar.

Bell Mobility, Virgin Mobile, SaskTel, TELUS and Rogers Wireless = the version AT&T will most likely get.

Videotron, Wind and Mobilicity version = the version T-mobile will get.

I am not sure about Sprint or Verizon but the specs should be similar.

Summary:

-Both phones have excellent displays (a lot of people seem to say the one X screen is better but that's debatable)
- Performance should be the same for the One X and the North American S3(International version's exynos CPU performances better)
-You'll need to Decide if you prefer the Sense UI or touchwiz .
- The S3 a has a removable battery(S3 has a bigger battery and better battery life) and has an SD slot while the HTC One X doesn't.
- The Camera's are about the same (One X performs better in low light, SIII is better in good lighting)
- Some people really hate how the Galaxy S3 looks, I think it's just a matter of preference.
- HTC is faster when it comes to new OS upgrades(just something to keep in mind for the future).

I think your best bet is to wait until you can play with both phones in store, I don't think you'll be disappointed in either case though. I would personally go with the S3 though.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
^^^^

So the GS3 in the US probably won't have a 64GB version?

BAMA

Rap and bytches
Daps
Reppin
No Limit Records
Just placed my preorder at Best Buy for the new EVO brehs :eat:

Sent from my PC36100 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
waiting on that gs3

not having a speaker is killing me :why:

they saying late june early july for the gs3 on tmobile right?

Quick question,im gettin that evo lte tomorrow,I have a evo 3d now,just wanted to kno quickest and easiest way to delete everythibg or do what i gotta do to have it ready for re-sale,my manager buyin it off me for $200 so my new phone payin for itself :smugdraper:

JohnL

Rookie
Daps
Quick question,im gettin that evo lte tomorrow,I have a evo 3d now,just wanted to kno quickest and easiest way to delete everythibg or do what i gotta do to have it ready for re-sale,my manager buyin it off me for $200 so my new phone payin for itself :smugdraper:

Quickest and easiest way is to:

From the Homescreen hit the menu button then select SD & phone storage > Factory data reset. Tap reset phone and then Tap erase everything, this will delete all the data on the phone and make it ready for resale.

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
Quickest and easiest way is to:

From the Homescreen hit the menu button then select SD & phone storage > Factory data reset. Tap reset phone and then Tap erase everything, this will delete all the data on the phone and make it ready for resale.

Thanks,pos rep your way :cheers:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
From Wirefly's Facebook page:
HTC EVO 4G LTE Inventory Update
We have confirmation that our shipment of the HTC EVO 4G LTE was shipped to us today. It will be delivered to us tomorrow and we will turn them around and ship the entire order out via next business day shipping through FedEx to pre-order customers in the order that they were placed. We have also received communication that we should receive more inventory from Sprint towards the end of next week. Everyone at Wirefly is working hard to make sure that you get your HTC EVO 4G LTE as soon as possible.

This whole situation has been a mess :noah:

Digital Dre

All Star
Daps
Reppin
STL
From Wirefly's Facebook page:

This whole situation has been a mess :noah:

man I am done with Wirefly I called a local Best Buy who has stock and was told if I come in tonight and reserve a phone I can pick it up tomorrow on launch day and I will get that $50 gift card so I should have my baby by this time tomorrow:lolbron::ahh:

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
My girl has tmo, she loves that one S, her mytouch 4g been replaced 2x now...probably a 3rd soon and then they will probably give her choice of equivelent phones or maybe she can add on to that

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
i have a rooted sensation on tmo-- i know they have pushed ics.. but i dont know how to update it.. easiest way please?