Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanks for the info. My coworker was going to get it but he decided to preorder the Pixel 4. He was worried that there would be an issue with the phone because its a Chinese company. I told him his Pixel is probably made in China. :heh:

It's his money, but dude is buggin'. Unless you need the absolute best pictures, there is no reason to get the new Pixel over the 7 Pro.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What is everyone's thoughts on the hardware announcements from Google today? Mostly everything is out of my price range but I may pull the trigger in a year or two when it is discounted + used like I did for my Pixel 2XL.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Copped an S10 5G this week - no 5G on my network yet, but I'm ready when it comes online in the next couple of weeks.

Phone screen is yuge, but it's not that much bigger overall than my old Sony which had a big ass bezel top and bottom. Loving the one-hand mode with the big screen. Optical zoom on the camera is pretty sweet.

Bixby can fukk off, naturally.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Well brehs I'm still rocking that Galaxy S6, going to hit that 5 year anniversary in April 2020 :mjgrin:.

This not really a money issue it just seems like most phones not worth upgrading, seems like they all have some kind of trade off :francis:. I have to upgrade next year bc the battery really wont hold up much longer (never far from a battery pack now tbh) and it gets sluggish in day to day activities :flabbynsick:

I can definitely say I got my money's worth out of it though, If that S11/Note 11 doesn't deliver.... :to:. Then I'll have to switch to iPhone :mjpls:

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
So glad I threw the regular YouTube app in the bushes, now rocking a new one with all the ads blocked.

It was impossible to watch anything without constant interruptions. :scust:
you gotta rep comin your way...point me in the right direction

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Thought this was interesting

AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile have finally agreed to replace SMS with a new RCS standard

Basically carriers have gone around Google to make a texting app for Android phones that's similar to iMessage, except Google had already announced their version and is out in some foreign countries. Verizon blocked Google's version on their Pixel 4.

Hopefully something good comes out of it but it's already shaping up to be a mess. Android is already fragmented due to carriers and now they can deny Google's own apps for their own.

DeeJay

Pro
Daps
They found a way implement ads in rcs
My messages app just updated and rcs works now

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
maybe I'm lucky...but I've had this pixel 4 xl since Wednesday and the battery life complaints, in my experience, are bullshyt

today it has taken almost 3 hours to lose 3%, with force 90hz enabled

my only complaints, the face unlock is sometimey for me. went thru some growing pains to get it set up. 3rd party launchers break all the cool features, I had to start fresh from a factory reset. app developers haven't used the face unlock yet so I'm passwording everything like it's 2010. once all this stuff gets up to speed this phone is money

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Thought this was interesting

AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile have finally agreed to replace SMS with a new RCS standard

Basically carriers have gone around Google to make a texting app for Android phones that's similar to iMessage, except Google had already announced their version and is out in some foreign countries. Verizon blocked Google's version on their Pixel 4.

Hopefully something good comes out of it but it's already shaping up to be a mess. Android is already fragmented due to carriers and now they can deny Google's own apps for their own.
I read the article but what exactly will this improve on