Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Turns out Google going around taking scans of people's faces without permission was for the Pixel 4's face scanner.

Never used a Pixel before and considered getting the 4 before seeing the batteries, they made sure they will never see my money. And since they targeted blacks they'll pay a fee and we'll never hear about it again.

We're in sick times, think about all the shyt that doesn't make the news.
That's why I bought the Pro version of a camera Block app

There are other apps taking pics and recording on ya phone that haven't been caught yet

Boogie

Big Homie
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Turns out Google going around taking scans of people's faces without permission was for the Pixel 4's face scanner.

Never used a Pixel before and considered getting the 4 before seeing the batteries, they made sure they will never see my money. And since they targeted blacks they'll pay a fee and we'll never hear about it again.

We're in sick times, think about all the shyt that doesn't make the news.

Wait what??? :gucci:

drifter

Superstar
Daps
That's why I bought the Pro version of a camera Block app

There are other apps taking pics and recording on ya phone that haven't been caught yet

I'm skeptical of those apps doing anything but data mining themselves

Wait what??? :gucci:

Google contractor reportedly tricked homeless people into face scans
Google has been funding a facial recognition project whose contractors were asked to target people of color, according to a new report by the Daily News

The contractors reportedly collected face scans of people with darker skin, including homeless people, using $5 gift cards as incentives

The facial scanning attempts are aimed at gaining more data for the company’s upcoming Pixel 4 smartphone.

One former employee told the Daily News that Randstad sent a team to Atlanta “specifically” to target black people there while concealing the fact that their faces would be recorded. Randstad reportedly told workers in Los Angeles to go after unsuspecting students on college campuses around the U.S. and attendees of the BET Awards festivities in Los Angeles.

Workers were instructed to lie and rush subjects through the consent agreements or “walk away” if they started to get suspicious, according to the report. One worker said they were told to recite misleading incentives such as, “Just play with the phone for a couple minutes and get a gift card,” and, “We have a new app, try it and get $5.”

bnew

Veteran
Daps

RwSXyyt.png

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
Anybody have the OnePlus 7 Pro?

If you do how do you like the phone and do you know if the phone will get Android updates at a similar release like the Pixel?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody have the OnePlus 7 Pro?

If you do how do you like the phone and do you know if the phone will get Android updates at a similar release like the Pixel?

I do, and love it. I get about 7-8 hours of screen-on time with 50% brightness, Warp Charge 30 will get you to 100% in about a hour, the phone is smooth and fluid, and the screen is only surpassed by the Galaxies and iPhones (though the 7 Pro has no notch and 90Hz). The only drawback is that the cameras aren't in the same class as the big 3 (Pixel, Galaxy, iPhone). That said, the pictures and video are still decent.

Regarding updates, if you get it through OnePlus, you will get updates shortly after the Pixel's. In fact, I'm pretty sure that the 7 Pro already has the Android 10 update now. If you are going through T-Mobile, then things get a bit more ify on major system updates. Hope that helps.

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
I do, and love it. I get about 7-8 hours of screen-on time with 50% brightness, Warp Charge 30 will get you to 100% in about a hour, the phone is smooth and fluid, and the screen is only surpassed by the Galaxies and iPhones (though the 7 Pro has no notch and 90Hz). The only drawback is that the cameras aren't in the same class as the big 3 (Pixel, Galaxy, iPhone). That said, the pictures and video are still decent.

Regarding updates, if you get it through OnePlus, you will get updates shortly after the Pixel's. In fact, I'm pretty sure that the 7 Pro already has the Android 10 update now. If you are going through T-Mobile, then things get a bit more ify on major system updates. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info. My coworker was going to get it but he decided to preorder the Pixel 4. He was worried that there would be an issue with the phone because its a Chinese company. I told him his Pixel is probably made in China. :heh: