shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I setup Google RCS on my co-workers Note 8, everything works very similar to WhatsApp (read receipts, typing indicators, etc) only thing is video files transfer faster through WhatsApp, a 9mb file took just a few seconds while on RCS it was very slow to send.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Moto-Razr-2019-1.jpg

ONKT1g0.png
LtjytOo.png

$1500

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
That better have like a 6Kmah battery. Can't imagine the poor life with the anemic batteries Motorola loves putting on their phones.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Re: The Updated Razr
I see it as good for nostalgia's sake, but it fits no purpose for me personally. I'd imagine most of the mainstream audience isn't interested either. As long as they can flip a profit I suppose, then everything else is gucci

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Any1 in here actually see it updated?

I haven't says it's not supported by my carrier

When the hack originated a few weeks ago I did it on my phone and a co-workers phones. Works as they described.

That "not supported" message you can get around if you do the hack. Co-workers Note said the same thing. 1st thing you need is to sign up for Messages Beta, then download Carrier Services and Activity Lancher from the Play store. Follow the hack instructions and you should be golden, it might take a few times to get it.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I knew google was gonna enable RCS before the carriers put out an app.
carriers app hasn't even been coded yet since they just gave the contract to a company to develop it last week and it's already DOA.:mjlol:

Google’s rollout of RCS chat for all Android users in the US begins today

Google is announcing that today, a year and a half after it first unveiled RCS chat as Android’s primary texting platform, it is actually making RCS chat Android’s primary texting platform. That’s because it is rolling out availability to any Android user in the US who wants to use it, starting today.

RCS stands for “rich communication services,” and it’s the successor to SMS. Like other texting services, it supports read receipts, typing indicators, improved group chats, and high-quality images. Unlike several texting apps, like iMessage or Signal, it does not offer end-to-end encryption as an option. RCS is based on your phone number, so when you are texting with somebody who also has it, it should just turn on automatically in your chat.

To get RCS, you simply need to use Android Messages as your default texting app on your Android phone. Many Android phones do that already by default, but Samsung users will need to head to the Google Play Store to download it and then switch to it as their default.

Google is finally taking charge
Google is rolling out RCS incrementally, as it often does with new features. Once you have Android Messages, you should see an option to upgrade to “enable chat features.” Google says it will be lighting that option up “in the coming weeks,” and the full rollout will be completed by the end of the year.

iPhones do not support RCS, and over the past year, Apple has declined to comment on whether it ever will multiple times.