Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
can I root my phone without having a desktop? I would like to use my PS4 controller with the nexus 6P, but I have to root the phone first. Seems like a lot trouble just to avoid paying 20-40 dollars for a Bluetooth controller.

I must say though... Coming from iPhone 4 to a nexus 6P is fukking mind blowing. I didn't realize how advanced smartphones have become in the last 5 years. My little iPhone 4 is still chugging along as my music device now, which is a testament to Apples build quality. But man... Android is really on a whole nother' level. Being able to download Roms, mp3s and mpeg files straight from websites is something I didn't even know was possible on smartphones.

I haven't had a desktop I nearly 1.5 years, and I have been buying components here and there to build a nice rig. However, now I question if I even really need a new desktop or laptop. I can doing everything on my phone now.
This is hilarious and a shinning example of why I keep saying iphones are for casual phone users.

If you want to push tech to its limits go with Android. My phone is a lot more than aphone to me. I don't touch my laptop much either.

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
Any note 5 users on tmobile have battery issues?

my shyt be draining quick especially overnight. i have location off and apps closed.

drop 15 percent overnight.
Yep I got like two update but the battery isn't that geat like it was back in the Note II days.

keepemup

Banned
Daps

my shyt be draining quick especially overnight. i have location off and apps closed.

Nah. My phone has been great. I leave everything on and I maybe drop 10% overnight.

Edit: I got the international version so it may be different.

Last edited:

ThaGlow

All Star
Daps
To the 6p owners in here, I'm thinking of copping one next, but wheres the best place to order it? I was gonna go amazon, then I heard u could order it through Google store, now I'm learning about this special project fi sim card and shyt, apparently I can even order the phone via project fi.

Where did yall order yall 6p and is there any difference where u order it from? Considering gettt the 128gb one. Thanks in advance for any info GSDG.

brickfare

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
north north

i'm on a nexus 6 but had terrible battery issues until i uninstalled the t-mobile my account app, might wanna try that if you have it installed

Wayans Brehs

All Star
Supporter
Daps
To the 6p owners in here, I'm thinking of copping one next, but wheres the best place to order it? I was gonna go amazon, then I heard u could order it through Google store, now I'm learning about this special project fi sim card and shyt, apparently I can even order the phone via project fi.

Where did yall order yall 6p and is there any difference where u order it from? Considering gettt the 128gb one. Thanks in advance for any info GSDG.
I would always order from Google. They let people RMA multiple times for dumb shyt. Truly no hassle/great customer service. Can't guarantee the same from Huawei/Best Buy/Amazon

jalamanta

GOAT
Daps
This is hilarious and a shinning example of why I keep saying iphones are for casual phone users.

If you want to push tech to its limits go with Android. My phone is a lot more than aphone to me. I don't touch my laptop much either.

So how exactly are you pushing tech limits with Android? If you are using a smartphone as a laptop replacement, it means you ain't doing shyt on it.

Ironically, you are a casual user.

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
:takedat: Gold

googlenexus6pspecialedition.png

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps

I got mine from projectfi, which is good because you can pay it down for no interest. Huwawei offers the same thing. When you buy it from google play though you get nexus protect, which is cheaper and gives you better coverage than the insurance through project fi. I'm not sure what are the benefits to getting the phone through amazon or best buy. Either way you are going to get the best phone on the market.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Ditched the Moto Droid Turbo on VZ.

Back to using my OPO on TMO. Marshmellow put some new life (battery) into this thing :leon:

I'll look forward to seeing what any other affordable joint with an SD card looks like this year. I can't justify paying more than $400 for a phone.

• Dap
Reactions: R=G