Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a v10 I can use for whatever with 5gb of monthly data for free....I feel like my old personal iPhone 6!is jsut a waste of money at this point

I wanna see a nexus 6p in person tho I just don't know of anywhere that has it
THE v10 is a great phone but i think a nexus is better long term. with stock u never have to worry about future updates and shyt fukking up ur phone

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Yea that's what I'm talking about. I like the freedom of android, but some things need to be integrated as a standard so the consumers can have a united experience
I've never used iMessage but when I get a message in Hangouts it goes to every device I have it installed on. Plus I can make calls from any device which allows me to get cheaper phone plans.

I think it fails because Android is open to option so it's not forced liked iMessage is. Some will be using it while others might fukk with Whatsapp or Skype or Viber.

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
I've never used iMessage but when I get a message in Hangouts it goes to every device I have it installed on. Plus I can make calls from any device which allows me to get cheaper phone plans.

I think it fails because Android is open to option so it's not forced liked iMessage is. Some will be using it while others might fukk with Whatsapp or Skype or Viber.
iMessage :ohlawd:

I wish I could video chat, have read and delivery receipts, and be synchronized with my android users, but i would have hangouts while other people have whatsapp, GoSMS, etc.. its no unity. Thats a minor difference but still significant.

ThaGlow

All Star
Daps
Just got my 6p. Frost, 128gb. Phone capability not setup yet, but initial thoughts:

PROS
- feels good in the hands, build quality looks and feels like its "premium" Lol had to put it in quotes cuz lots of reviewers use it
- screen brightness is really good, at work indoors I can dim it down to almost the lowest and its plenty bright
- speakers are godlike! Playing music at max volume, I was able to drown out the television speaker (my tv speaker ain't all that though)
- charge time is about 1% per minute (not the fastest, but an upgrade for me)
- no lags navigating through phone apps and using apps
- camera takes really good photos
- okay google. Works fine for me, though I know some people reported their's didn't work
- clock/calendar lights up when you pick up phone. Handy.

CONS
- I'm confused on whether its a Google thing or an Android thing, but its missing little features that I thought were universal "Android" features. Little things like, if you have 3 tabs on your homescreen, you can select the middle one to be the main one. So its one swipe left or one swipe right to access all three. With the 6p, the main screen seems to be only far left. So if I have 3 tabs, its two swipes to get to that third tab. Maybe I just don't know how to do it yet. I'm coming from Xperia, so maybe the cool features I liked weren't "Android" features at all, they were Sony Xperia features. The 6p widgets are super basic. Again, the Xperia had a amazing stock clock and weather widgets that had animation and was just nice to look at in general. 6p doesn't have weather widget, so I downloaded it from Google Play. Interface is great, but had ads running at the bottom. Xperia allowed you to uninstall multiple apps from the Apps tray. On the 6p (or Marshmallow), you can't. Again, I'm nitpicking, but these are just initial thoughts.

- phone gets warm. I haven't used any of the popular Samsung/Apple flagships, but I'm guessing they all get a little warm too? But just as quickly as the phone got warm (for reasons unknown), it also cooled off. I wasn't watching video or doing heavy usage really. No zillion apps running in the back either.

Initial thoughts conclusion:
I haven't tried calling or gaming yet so can't speak on those. Coming from Xperia Z Ultra, I will be missing some of the cool Sony Xperia apps like Album, Video and Sketch apps and other features. But those aren't deal breakers at all. The 6p has a superior camera/video and speakers. The battery charging is fast. Those three alone are worth the upgrade already. With time, I'm sure I'll discover more things I like (and hate).

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got my 6p. Frost, 128gb. Phone capability not setup yet, but initial thoughts:

PROS
- feels good in the hands, build quality looks and feels like its "premium" Lol had to put it in quotes cuz lots of reviewers use it
- screen brightness is really good, at work indoors I can dim it down to almost the lowest and its plenty bright
- speakers are godlike! Playing music at max volume, I was able to drown out the television speaker (my tv speaker ain't all that though)
- charge time is about 1% per minute (not the fastest, but an upgrade for me)
- no lags navigating through phone apps and using apps
- camera takes really good photos
- okay google. Works fine for me, though I know some people reported their's didn't work
- clock/calendar lights up when you pick up phone. Handy.

CONS
- I'm confused on whether its a Google thing or an Android thing, but its missing little features that I thought were universal "Android" features. Little things like, if you have 3 tabs on your homescreen, you can select the middle one to be the main one. So its one swipe left or one swipe right to access all three. With the 6p, the main screen seems to be only far left. So if I have 3 tabs, its two swipes to get to that third tab. Maybe I just don't know how to do it yet. I'm coming from Xperia, so maybe the cool features I liked weren't "Android" features at all, they were Sony Xperia features. The 6p widgets are super basic. Again, the Xperia had a amazing stock clock and weather widgets that had animation and was just nice to look at in general. 6p doesn't have weather widget, so I downloaded it from Google Play. Interface is great, but had ads running at the bottom. Xperia allowed you to uninstall multiple apps from the Apps tray. On the 6p (or Marshmallow), you can't. Again, I'm nitpicking, but these are just initial thoughts.

- phone gets warm. I haven't used any of the popular Samsung/Apple flagships, but I'm guessing they all get a little warm too? But just as quickly as the phone got warm (for reasons unknown), it also cooled off. I wasn't watching video or doing heavy usage really. No zillion apps running in the back either.

Initial thoughts conclusion:
I haven't tried calling or gaming yet so can't speak on those. Coming from Xperia Z Ultra, I will be missing some of the cool Sony Xperia apps like Album, Video and Sketch apps and other features. But those aren't deal breakers at all. The 6p has a superior camera/video and speakers. The battery charging is fast. Those three alone are worth the upgrade already. With time, I'm sure I'll discover more things I like (and hate).
the GOAT phone

Daps
Android needs a standard, universal messaging app, sorta like iMessage.
I've been clamoring this for years. It amazes me those nerds in Mountainview haven't figured this out yet. They'd be killing the game if they did.

Messaging woes drove me to trying iOS for the first time. Android does so many things better it's not even funny. I've been ripping out my hair trying to figure out how to add photo albums to my iPhone in order...for some dumb reason Apple adds them in some random order...why do people claim this phone is easy :mindblown: