J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
Which services are your must haves? Here's my experience.

- Outlook is shytting on Gmail. Much better interface with intelligent options.
- Google Play Music is available. Worked fine on my iPad but I don't have a need for it on my iPhone.
- Google Voice looks outdated but seems to work fine. My calls still get forwarded just fine.
- Drive is available but I haven't tried it.

Gmail, Google Calendar,Keep, Drive,Google Play Music, Now,,Keyboard,Maps,youtube,Hangouts,Docs,slides,voice etc. I'm practically integrated into the Google system.

My job uses outlook so I won't have any problem with that. I'm not afraid to change so if IOS has any services better than these, I wouldn't mind throwing some of em in the bushes.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
My jump was mad spontaneous

I finally figured out what is I want and need out of a smartphone and all roads led to the iPhone lol

Before that I had been anticipating the nexus 5x for months

I was just tired of being pissed off at my phone all the time :heh:. Usually rooting helps, but in Lollipop all non-stock ROMs don't work right with my car's Bluetooth. I realized a few years ago I just need something to make calls, browse the Internet, take great pictures and last all day with moderate usage.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Gmail, Google Calendar,Keep, Drive,Google Play Music, Now,,Keyboard,Maps,youtube,Hangouts,Docs,slides,voice etc. I'm practically integrated into the Google system.

My job uses outlook so I won't have any problem with that. I'm not afraid to change so if IOS has any services better than these, I wouldn't mind throwing some of em in the bushes.

I was heavily integrated too, but I dipped on some those before leaving android. I hated Gmail because of them insisting on using conversation view and had me missing some messages. Hated calendar because they switched the whole interface to make it much prettier than it is useful.

Apple Maps is surprisingly nice. I'll be traveling next week so I'll put it through its paces. Same thing happened to me when I went to Windows Phone for a few months. Google is the king of the maps, but the other guys aren't trash.

Drive and Docs was clutch to me though! I just started back to school so I could do my homework from home, work and on my phone by using Docs. Hopefully it works as well on iOS or OneDrive is decent.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I was just tired of being pissed off at my phone all the time :heh:. Usually rooting helps, but in Lollipop all non-stock ROMs don't work right with my car's Bluetooth. I realized a few years ago I just need something to make calls, browse the Internet, take great pictures and last all day with moderate usage.
You sound like a closed environment would make the most sense for you.

BlackBerry in the past, iOS and Windows Phone right now. Android is going to dominate market share, but Apple will always be in a great position because they are the only company that can put forward trends because of how they control the hardware and the platform.

Mac OS X / iOS 10 will be merging soon so it will be interesting to see what happens when it all connects together. Windows is ahead of them on that front right now.

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
Oh I gotta say the fingerprint scanner on the iPhone is flawless

When I tried the note 4 for a few days the fingerprint scanner on that phone was one of the most frustrating things I ever had to deal with on Android

I'm trying out SwiftKey again on the iPhone and it's alot better than the stock keyboard

I take back what I said before

Only notable difference between iOS and Android as far as SwiftKey is concerned is the numbers not being on the top row

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Android is all over the place but I will admit the note 4 ain't to bad but loipop destroyed it. Camera I'd God level though.

I gotta m9 now and it's straight next phone will be ios though. Ios does everything mostly will. Miss downloading albums and movies and torrents but it's worth it for a hassle. Free experience.

Will miss hide it pro too. Lol

J-Nice

Supporter
Daps
I was heavily integrated too, but I dipped on some those before leaving android. I hated Gmail because of them insisting on using conversation view and had me missing some messages. Hated calendar because they switched the whole interface to make it much prettier than it is useful.

Apple Maps is surprisingly nice. I'll be traveling next week so I'll put it through its paces. Same thing happened to me when I went to Windows Phone for a few months. Google is the king of the maps, but the other guys aren't trash.

Drive and Docs was clutch to me though! I just started back to school so I could do my homework from home, work and on my phone by using Docs. Hopefully it works as well on iOS or OneDrive is decent.

I have two Nexus tablets, so I won't be totally leaving everything behind, but I also wouldn't mind having those on my IPhone simply for convenience. I don't know man, I love gmail and Calendar. I never had a problem with em, the simplicity of both is everything I needed and more. Not to mention Keep kept me on task with any notes I had.

I'm gonna have to try Apple Maps cuz I travel alot too, and Google Maps was cotdamn reliable and accurate. I've tried so many map apps and I always found myself going back to Google Maps. As long as I can have my main Google services on IOS, I should be fine.I'm at a point where I'm not into rooting anymore and I just want things to run smoothly out of the box without expecting to lose something.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
You sound like a closed environment would make the most sense for you.

BlackBerry in the past, iOS and Windows Phone right now. Android is going to dominate market share, but Apple will always be in a great position because they are the only company that can put forward trends because of how they control the hardware and the platform.

Mac OS X / iOS 10 will be merging soon so it will be interesting to see what happens when it all connects together. Windows is ahead of them on that front right now.

Yeah it really does. I just want my shyt to work. I really wanted to like Windows Phone, but it just wasn't mature enough for me. It definitely has potential and I'm still excited for WP10 to come out.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Oh I gotta say the fingerprint scanner on the iPhone is flawless

When I tried the note 4 for a few days the fingerprint scanner on that phone was one of the most frustrating things I ever had to deal with on Android

I'm trying out SwiftKey again on the iPhone and it's alot better than the stock keyboard

I take back what I said before

Only notable difference between iOS and Android as far as SwiftKey is concerned is the numbers not being on the top row
TouchID is dope. It got me exactly what I needed. I like to have my phone locked at work and open at home. Now I can keep it locked without the need to enter numbers.

I was gonna try SwiftKey, but I was reading that the keyboard wouldn't show up sometimes. If you can remember, drop a quick update on how it works for you when you get a chance.

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
I have two Nexus tablets, so I won't be totally leaving everything behind, but I also wouldn't mind having those on my IPhone simply for convenience. I don't know man, I love gmail and Calendar. I never had a problem with em, the simplicity of both is everything I needed and more. Not to mention Keep kept me on task with any notes I had.

I'm gonna have to try Apple Maps cuz I travel alot too, and Google Maps was cotdamn reliable and accurate. I've tried so many map apps and I always found myself going back to Google Maps. As long as I can have my main Google services on IOS, I should be fine.I'm at a point where I'm not into rooting anymore and I just want things to run smoothly out of the box without expecting to lose something.
The older you get the more you just want the simple things in life lol

Apple maps navigation felt pretty much the same as the Google maps navigation the couple of times I used it so far

I haven't even felt the need to download Google maps

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
[
TouchID is dope. It got me exactly what I needed. I like to have my phone locked at work and open at home. Now I can keep it locked without the need to enter numbers.

I was gonna try SwiftKey, but I was reading that the keyboard wouldn't show up sometimes. If you can remember, drop a quick update on how it works for you when you get a chance.

There's a way to do this automatically?

J-Nice

Supporter
Daps
The older you get the more you just want the simple things in life lol

Apple maps navigation felt pretty much the same as the Google maps navigation the couple of times I used it so far

I haven't even felt the need to download Google maps
It's crazy man. I used to love rooting and trying new roms, but it's all about simplicity and consistency at this point. I can't wait to get that phone in my hands man. I got a few more weeks to go.