Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
How much is the new Nexus Phone and no one is amped for the Sony Z5 and premium?
I wanna try it out for the battery life alone but I'm actually impressed with the 6s battery (especially compared to a nexus 5) so i think I'll be sticking with Apple.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I agree, but I think Google is at a level where they could give two shyts about making the Nexus line a true flagship to rival apple because they already cake off Android and other shyt already. There's almost no incentive for them to try and compete on that front. The Nexus line is mainly for enthusiasts and developers at this point. Most people don't know it exists. It's kind of a double edged sword in terms of the freedom you get with Android, but you also pay for the non-uniformity when some things don't work as well on other phones.

But were getting to a point where it's cheaper for manufactures to make great Android phones at a decent price. Whenever the battery life and camera gets to the point where they can rival the flagships, there isn't gonna be any recent to spend $800 on any Android again.

Haven't had a chance to try IOS yet so I'll reserve my judgement until my 6s+ comes in.

Had every single Note except the 5 and they've all clonked out on me on almost a years use and with software updates. That shyt made me not wanna fukk with Samsungs anymore. But that Note 4 camera was an absolute beast man. If I could put that camera and battery on the Nexus, it'd be the perfect device imo.

Yep that was my point. They don't give a fukk about Android they make their money before you even bought the device.

I am shocked at how dope this 6S+ is. I may have some issues in the future but right now everything works so well. Battery life is crazy, camera is outstanding, and my Bluetooth issues with my car went away immediately.

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
Yep that was my point. They don't give a fukk about Android they make their money before you even bought the device.

I am shocked at how dope this 6S+ is. I may have some issues in the future but right now everything works so well. Battery life is crazy, camera is outstanding, and my Bluetooth issues with my car went away immediately.
I don't get my 6s+ until the 14th. How is it? And what issues do you see yourself having? It will be my first time on IOS coming from Android

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I don't get my 6s+ until the 14th. How is it? And what issues do you see yourself having? It will be my first time on IOS coming from Android

I'm in the same boat (first time on iOS).

This shyt is awesome for me. It covers all of my problems with my past few phones (great battery, camera, Bluetooth works with my car, etc.). I like the interface way better than Android.

Only dislikes are the search isn't as good as Google (obviously), the keyboard isn't as good as the Google one with letter swiping (I have a lot more typos–haven't tried any third party ones yet) and I can't download straight to my phone.

I don't download a lot and am really meticulous about my file tags and naming, so I go through my computer first 99% of the time. My only holdover is a show that I listen to that isn't podcast capable yet. I used to download the episodes and tag/archive them, then transfer them to my Android phones, but I have been lazy lately. I have been just grabbing the latest episode on the way to work straight from my phone. Now I'll have to go back to my old way of taking two minutes to grab/tag the episodes and put them on my phone before work. Supposedly they're adding podcast support soon, so this should be temporary.

Otherwise, I don't think I'll really have problems. I felt like :wow: immediately after using the 6s+ and don't have any regrets about switching. I just have to get used to how things are done. I have a Mac and an iPad so I don't think it'll be hard though.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Bluetooth is messed up on Android. I've had several Android phones and when you pair multiple Bluetooth devices to the phones the audio quality drops instantly. I know because I used to own a smartwatch and had Bluetooth headphones and with both paired the music sounded like crap. Now I rock a Fitbit and I don't use the smart features for that reason.

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps

This shyt is awesome for me. It covers all of my problems with my past few phones (great battery, camera, Bluetooth works with my car, etc.). I like the interface way better than Android.

Only dislikes are the search isn't as good as Google (obviously), the keyboard isn't as good as the Google one with letter swiping (I have a lot more typos–haven't tried any third party ones yet) and I can't download straight to my phone.

I don't download a lot and am really meticulous about my file tags and naming, so I go through my computer first 99% of the time. My only holdover is a show that I listen to that isn't podcast capable yet. I used to download the episodes and tag/archive them, then transfer them to my Android phones, but I have been lazy lately. I have been just grabbing the latest episode on the way to work straight from my phone. Now I'll have to go back to my old way of taking two minutes to grab/tag the episodes and put them on my phone before work. Supposedly they're adding podcast support soon, so this should be temporary.

Otherwise, I don't think I'll really have problems. I felt like :wow: immediately after using the 6s+ and don't have any regrets about switching. I just have to get used to how things are done. I have a Mac and an iPad so I don't think it'll be hard though.
Yea the only thing I miss about android so far is the swift key keyboard

Swift key just isn't the same for iOS

keepemup

Banned
Daps
I agree, but I think Google is at a level where they could give two shyts about making the Nexus line a true flagship to rival apple because they already cake off Android and other shyt already. There's almost no incentive for them to try and compete on that front. The Nexus line is mainly for enthusiasts and developers at this point. Most people don't know it exists. It's kind of a double edged sword in terms of the freedom you get with Android, but you also pay for the non-uniformity when some things don't work as well on other phones.

But were getting to a point where it's cheaper for manufactures to make great Android phones at a decent price. Whenever the battery life and camera gets to the point where they can rival the flagships, there isn't gonna be any recent to spend $800 on any Android again.

Haven't had a chance to try IOS yet so I'll reserve my judgement until my 6s+ comes in.

Had every single Note except the 5 and they've all clonked out on me on almost a years use and with software updates. That shyt made me not wanna fukk with Samsungs anymore. But that Note 4 camera was an absolute beast man. If I could put that camera and battery on the Nexus, it'd be the perfect device imo.
That's what the Nexus program has always been about, showcasing stock android. More recently the particular focus has been about and encouraging developers to not create a deep Android skin but to add their functionality as app extensions. This can be evidenced by how google has decoupled many of their apps from the OS and has made them available via the play store.

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps

Those are some of the same issues I had. If that's the case, then I may never come back to another Android flagship.I need my Google services though and I heard that Google services on IOS were more optimized than Android.

I'm gonna need that Google Keyboard and search though. If not, swiftkey will do the trick.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Bluetooth is messed up on Android. I've had several Android phones and when you pair multiple Bluetooth devices to the phones the audio quality drops instantly. I know because I used to own a smartwatch and had Bluetooth headphones and with both paired the music sounded like crap. Now I rock a Fitbit and I don't use the smart features for that reason.

I have a ''13 Lexus and my phones had me thinking my car was messed up. The shyt never worked right for me dating back to my Nexus 5. It was passable with Jellybean though I had sound quality issues. When lollipop dropped on my 1+1 everything went crazy. Track data wouldn't show up, it would take forever to connect, etc. That carried over to the Nexus 6. While tracks would show, it took forever to connect and sometimes I had to keep connecting/disconnecting while on the road to get it to show up. What would really piss me off is if I pulled up somewhere like my the gas station and paused the playback and went inside with my phone, when I came back out the music would start playing before I even got back into the car. Just did the same thing at the gas station with this phone and it stayed paused until I resumed playback.

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
You serious?:WTF:

Swiftkey is ass on IOS? :areyoukiddingme:
I have the 6s so maybe on the plus it's better idk

But it doesn't have the numbers on the top row like on android

Maybe there's a way to change that and I haven't figured it out

Keyboard is a little more cramped than it was on my nexus 5

All I know is I used to type super fast with swift key on my nexus 5 and the prediction feature was second to none

Typing is somewhat of a chore on iOS so far

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Holding off on jumping ship, currently waiting to see wassup with these two nexus phones and the Droid turbo 2

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Those are some of the same issues I had. If that's the case, then I may never come back to another Android flagship.I need my Google services though and I heard that Google services on IOS were more optimized than Android.

I'm gonna need that Google Keyboard and search though. If not, swiftkey will do the trick.

Which services are your must haves? Here's my experience.

- Outlook is shytting on Gmail. Much better interface with intelligent options.
- Google Play Music is available. Worked fine on my iPad but I don't have a need for it on my iPhone.
- Google Voice looks outdated but seems to work fine. My calls still get forwarded just fine.
- Drive is available but I haven't tried it.

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
Is there an easy way to transfer all my shyt directly from google drive to iCloud?

Or should I just stick with Google drive?