1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Bad rep? I don't feel any remorse for some low life who can't get what he wants and settles. Never even heard of u and u in here trying to act like your word matters. Lemming.

Like I don't have 5 or 6 sd cards..like I haven't been getting external hds before your little following ass ever heard of the concept....I was using the "cloud" when u nyggas were just hearing about "Iphones" in the first place. I was long uploading hundreds of gigs on file hosting services...seen many fall and some stand the test of time.

Let's just say I know more about this type of shyt than you do. Settling for what? Do you even know which phone I have? What I do, or what my set up is? Remember the name bruh. Don't be mad cuz i called u out over u acting like a fukkboy :umad:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Let's just say I know more about this type of shyt than you do. Settling for what? Do you even know which phone I have? What I do, or what my set up is? Remember the name bruh. Don't be mad cuz i called u out over u acting like a fukkboy :umad:

U don't anything more than me..you're a kid in a forum using a played out Camron smilie instead of making one valid point. That speaks volumes to anyone with sense.

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
U don't anything more than me..you're a kid in a forum using a played out Camron smilie instead of making one valid point. That speaks volumes to anyone with sense.
Boy I just hit u with the hard facts 2-3 posts ago. fukk you mean?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Ultra powering saving mode will keep your battery untouched for days...as least with the Note 4.
Yeah but that's not standby which is what your phone would be in day to day when you aren't using it.

My S6 has been on the battery 2 and a half hours and only 8 minutes of screen on time and the battery is already down to 86%. My iPhone would be like 97% still.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Yeah but that's not standby which is what your phone would be in day to day when you aren't using it.

My S6 has been on the battery 2 and a half hours and only 8 minutes of screen on time and the battery is already down to 86%. My iPhone would be like 97% still.
Oh I see...you're right. Got me there, Win:laugh: I use all the tricks in the book to manipulate battery so it doesn't concern me really. Dudes out here be having a heart attack on battery..I had access to that girl's Samsung S6 Edge..that battery life is HORRIBLE on that thing. Absolutely disgusting. I hope that Plus got that fixed up better.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
How's the battery life on the iPhone? I was with my cousin this weekend at a football game out of town and his iPhone 6+ embarrassed my Nexus 6. He had 50% left after using it all day (at the same rate as me) whereas my phone was dead hours prior.

Well the 6+ has given me better battery life than expected. At the end of the day I still have at least 50% juice left.

But the charging is so fukking slow :snoop:

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I'm aware of all of that. I think that was one of my complaints a couple of days ago in this or the iPhone threads. Standby efficiency is big to me because I'm not on my phone a lot through the day.

That's been one of my major gripes with Android's battery manangement. I'm not going to trip too bad if I'm actively using my phone 24/7 with the screen on, but when the screen is off (as mine is about 80% of the day), my phone shouldn't be dropping so fast. It seems to be at the core of the whole implementation and would probably take a rewrite of the OS from the ground up to properly address.

I'm a developer (no RBK :whoa:) and find it interesting that iOS can keep up with typically around 50-70% of the battery capacity as the standard Android phones (iPhone 6+ being the exception).

That's one thing I would love for Android to somehow rein in. Now that everyone (for better or worse) is going for thin/sexy phones, they can't just throw a larger battery at the phone to improve battery life without sacrificing their precious marketed design.

Since you're a developer, maybe you can answer my dumb question: I know Google is supposed to be "open source" but do you think all of the problems with Android being caused by Phone manufactures' software skins and hardware differences could be fixed if they would adopt a closed base system like Apple? You know, pick any device you wish, but there only one locked OS with absolutely no OEM skin over the base OS...the OS would look the same on all phones. Any special features from an OEM would be added via apps. I would think this could drastically improve the quality of Android? I had to switch to iOS after some niggling issues with updates on my Android phones, but my Sony Xperia Z3v is still the best Android by far i've owned so far...

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Since you're a developer, maybe you can answer my dumb question: I know Google is supposed to be "open source" but do you think all of the problems with Android being caused by Phone manufactures' software skins and hardware differences could be fixed if they would adopt a closed base system like Apple? You know, pick any device you wish, but there only one locked OS with absolutely no OEM skin over the base OS...the OS would look the same on all phones. Any special features from an OEM would be added via apps. I would think this could drastically improve the quality of Android? I had to switch to iOS after some niggling issues with updates on my Android phones, but my Sony Xperia Z3v is still the best Android by far i've owned so far...

Without going too far down a biased tangent, ABSOLUTELY.

A lot of Android's perceived problems can be attributed to the openness of the system. There's *rarely* any benefit of carrier branded skins. The few benefits you do find are gained by sacrificing timely updates and sometimes even efficient processing. By deviating from the base OS, these carriers basically create a new branch (version) of the OS that doesn't have a real tie to the pure version Google put out. This means that you become at the mercy of the manufacturer + the carrier before you get updates -- IF they want you to have them.

I wish I could rep you 50 times for the bolded. It would take the OS a long way if the core functionality couldn't be mucked with. The worst part is that a lot of these things are change just for the sake of change. I've been hoping they would do exactly what you said, but they've purposefully went in this direction to keep their interaction in Android minimal. Their business model is geared towards apps/sales rather than phones. That's why they don't focus on trying to make the Nexus line the GOAT phone like Apple does with the iPhone.

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
Without going too far down a biased tangent, ABSOLUTELY.

A lot of Android's perceived problems can be attributed to the openness of the system. There's *rarely* any benefit of carrier branded skins. The few benefits you do find are gained by sacrificing timely updates and sometimes even efficient processing. By deviating from the base OS, these carriers basically create a new branch (version) of the OS that doesn't have a real tie to the pure version Google put out. This means that you become at the mercy of the manufacturer + the carrier before you get updates -- IF they want you to have them.

I wish I could rep you 50 times for the bolded. It would take the OS a long way if the core functionality couldn't be mucked with. The worst part is that a lot of these things are change just for the sake of change. I've been hoping they would do exactly what you said, but they've purposefully went in this direction to keep their interaction in Android minimal. Their business model is geared towards apps/sales rather than phones. That's why they don't focus on trying to make the Nexus line the GOAT phone like Apple does with the iPhone.

Thanks for that, bruh. You hit on the key problem with Android that is so frustrating with me (1st 2 statements in bold), with the biggest contributor / offender being Verizon. Verizon was the last (as usual) to roll out an update to Kit Kat when I had my Note 3. That update bricked/destroyed that phone, leading me to the Sony Xperia....GOAT Android phone on all counts, man...battery (1+days), 95% Android pure, built-in wireless charging, call quality, dual speakers, waterproof, decent camera..but no simultaneous voice/data. Verizon promised us an update to Lollipop which would give us VoLTE...instead they discontinued the phone and abandoned it. All of the Sony phones on other carriers went to Lollipop but not this one. That was the last straw...went to iPhone. We need Google reset and set up direct updates to devices, bypassing carriers! And like you said, we need the the Nexus line to be on par with the iPhone!

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Well the 6+ has given me better battery life than expected. At the end of the day I still have at least 50% juice left.

But the charging is so fukking slow :snoop:
you gotta get a ipad charger breh

i dont know why Apple shipped the 6+ with those weak iphone chargers

ipad charger will charge your shyt quick though

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Thanks for that, bruh. You hit on the key problem with Android that is so frustrating with me (1st 2 statements in bold), with the biggest contributor / offender being Verizon. Verizon was the last (as usual) to roll out an update to Kit Kat when I had my Note 3. That update bricked/destroyed that phone, leading me to the Sony Xperia....GOAT Android phone on all counts, man...battery (1+days), 95% Android pure, built-in wireless charging, call quality, dual speakers, waterproof, decent camera..but no simultaneous voice/data. Verizon promised us an update to Lollipop which would give us VoLTE...instead they discontinued the phone and abandoned it. All of the Sony phones on other carriers went to Lollipop but not this one. That was the last straw...went to iPhone. We need Google reset and set up direct updates to devices, bypassing carriers! And like you said, we need the the Nexus line to be on par with the iPhone!
You dont have an issue with xperia being all glass?