Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Apple has very few phones so they can customize the OS more for the hardware. The openness and freedom of Android are it's biggest advantage and it's biggest weakness.

lol well cats getting what they ask for. Even then look out Windows PCs, essentially same concept of a Universal OS on various hardware types, of course crappy PCs run like crap in 6 months but top dollar joints hold their own for a min.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Only true edge I enjoy about Android is being able to download anything on the web straight to your phone ie. Mixtapes. On iOS you can juse use Mixtape apps that have offline mode, but on Android its clutch when stuff leaks you can download the zip files straight to your phone.
I agree. I don't get the battery complaints. Every phone I had battery was either mediocre or trash. This Note 5 so far is good. Only battery that lasted me all day was motorola startechs, Nokia flip phone and a blackberry :laugh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I agree. I don't get the battery complaints. Every phone I had battery was either mediocre or trash. This Note 5 so far is good. Only battery that lasted me all day was motorola startechs, Nokia flip phone and a blackberry :laugh:
Both the Galaxy S5 and the iPhone 6 for me could last a whole day. The iPhone 6 because when you sit the phone down and don't do anything the battery drains much slower. I don't know if the S5 had a larger battery or if because I had a custom rom on it that it ran better but it lasted a day easy.

Samsung is stupid for their Knox BS. I don't see why they don't really want you doing whatever you want on a platform where the attitude is do whatever you want. I got a jailbroken iPhone 6 and I can still use Apple Pay with no issues. It doesn't even have my service on it at the moment and I still take it to the grocery store and check out with it. Samsung says if you even root your phone they permanently disable Samsung Pay.

Daps
Both the Galaxy S5 and the iPhone 6 for me could last a whole day. The iPhone 6 because when you sit the phone down and don't do anything the battery drains much slower. I don't know if the S5 had a larger battery or if because I had a custom rom on it that it ran better but it lasted a day easy.

Samsung is stupid for their Knox BS. I don't see why they don't really want you doing whatever you want on a platform where the attitude is do whatever you want. I got a jailbroken iPhone 6 and I can still use Apple Pay with no issues. It doesn't even have my service on it at the moment and I still take it to the grocery store and check out with it. Samsung says if you even root your phone they permanently disable Samsung Pay.
That's true, but android users have come to a point where there's no longer a need to root anymore although some still do for custom rom's, etc. They even have apps you can use now that doesn't require root such as package disabler for knox and so forth. Iphones are so estricted that you have no choice but to jailbreak to get some type of user functionality.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
That's true in a somewhat, but android users have come to a point where there's no longer a need to root anymore although some still do for custom rom's, etc. They even have apps you can use now that doesn't require root such as package disabler and so forth. Iphones are so estricted that you have no choice but to jailbreak to get some type of user functionality.

Non sense. Smartphones are for apps and phone functionality, anything extra is a bonus so say jailbreaking is needed for the bonus stuff but dont make it sound like something is unusable without it. My phone is jailbroken and i dont even need any of the tweaks.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Been using this new ROM on my 1+1.

Battery life is back to :blessed: levels and it's smooth as hell.

I might just keep this till next year. S6 Edge+, Moto X Pure, and the new Lumias are on my radar till November though.

Daps
Non sense. Smartphones are for apps and phone functionality, anything extra is a bonus so say jailbreaking is needed for the bonus stuff but dont make it sound like something is unusable without it. My phone is jailbroken and i dont even need any of the tweaks.
For me it is unusable, without the bonus stuff you jailbreak your iPhone for. This comes standard on any android device out of the box the user experience is totally different; Android doesn't have to root for bonus features, custom roms, overclocking, skins, and so on are cool but not a necessity.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Pros and cons on the note 5?

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
Been using this new ROM on my 1+1.

Battery life is back to :blessed: levels and it's smooth as hell.

I might just keep this till next year. S6 Edge+, Moto X Pure, and the new Lumias are on my radar till November though.
I might as well root n rom it at this point. Its probably more reliable that way. Put a Flatop on the whole cyanogenmod team!!! I would be happy the way this phone was out the box on kit kat, battery was allllll day 6am-10pm for me

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I might as well root n rom it at this point. Its probably more reliable that way. Put a Flatop on the whole cyanogenmod team!!! I would be happy the way this phone was out the box on kit kat, battery was allllll day 6am-10pm for me
Yeah, went back to stock CM12S a couple of weeks ago. I started to get what the complaints were all about. OnePlus and Cyanogen really fukked people over on the update.

Oh well, luckily the development community for this is huge. No reason for me to need a new phone now unless I feel like using this free upgrade through Tmo.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Everything is pretty much good

To me con would be no removable battery and SD card. Also certain apps with iPhone I was able to log in using my finger print. With Android I can't(or at least I don't know how to).
Won't be supported till the 6.0 update I think.

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Only true edge I enjoy about Android is being able to download anything on the web straight to your phone ie. Mixtapes. On iOS you can juse use Mixtape apps that have offline mode, but on Android its clutch when stuff leaks you can download the zip files straight to your phone.
That was the only thing holding me onto android. I'm going to miss that:mjcry: