Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
its needed just in case you soft brick your phone or want to safely flash new radios

You can safely flash radios from the phone recovery... I've had 4 phones since 2009 and I've always flashed radios, roms and anything else from the recovery. Programs like that are cool and have their purpose but if you're just learning its good to learn the standard way of doing it.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I have a quick question. Is there any way I can check if I have permanent clockwork mod on my phone by going through...for example...es file explorer and looking? If I check by booting into fastboot and selecting recovery...if its not there...and i reboot...will it boot back up fine where it was before?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yes you'll be fine. How did you get the recovery?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Remember how for YEARS Jenkins was acting like he knew what he was talking about?

I'm talking YEARS.

Stop it slime I was talking about how so many people had issues with features ...and they still do. That's the main thing that turned me off.

It remember all them years that you said I didn't do it because I didn't know how or was scared...only reason I did it now was because its a fully working jellybean that's not out. Back then I didn't have much reason.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes you'll be fine. How did you get the recovery?
I used wugs nexus toolkit for everything. I took me awhile but I found somebody make a comment that it "puts cmw" on your phone too but it doesn't any anything about that in the description or withing the toolkit...just temporary.

I'm going to try it out later and see what happens.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't expect you to do anything. I typically drop my two cents and try to K.I.M. You've been puffing yourself up as some knowledgeable Android user for a long time now and it turns out you don't know much, as many of us already knew. :smugdraper:

Not to mention you think gaining root is something that will kill your phone. :snoop: It is just an escalation of privileges.

Good riddance. We could do with more people who follow directions, unlike yourself.

Dude. Shut the fuq up seriously. I've BEEN passed gaining root...it was the flashing of ROMs and things working right I had questions on.

If you don't have anything constructive to say shut the fuq up talking to me...I'll get help from people willing to help rather than go back and forth with me with insults...go do something.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
So, does anyone know of a Cyanogenmod for Sprint Galaxy s3? The 9 that's out is for international phones, not sprint, and 10 preview is out for sprint, but it doesn't look stable yet.

I installed the Syndicate rom, but this rom is eating my battery like a motherfukker. I'm talking Evo 4g levels. I didn't think roms would be out that would make my battery worse than stock.

Any other rom suggestions? Should I try the blazer rom thats out?

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
So, does anyone know of a Cyanogenmod for Sprint Galaxy s3? The 9 that's out is for international phones, not sprint, and 10 preview is out for sprint, but it doesn't look stable yet.

I installed the Syndicate rom, but this rom is eating my battery like a motherfukker. I'm talking Evo 4g levels. I didn't think roms would be out that would make my battery worse than stock.

Any other rom suggestions? Should I try the blazer rom thats out?

The 9 thats out is nightly. Just wait for CM10 to get out of preview. Its stable enough to use as a daily but i rather wait til its fully ready, fukk flashing everyday.

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude. Shut the fuq up seriously. I've BEEN passed gaining root...it was the flashing of ROMs and things working right I had questions on.

If you don't have anything constructive to say shut the fuq up talking to me...I'll get help from people willing to help rather than go back and forth with me with insults...go do something.

shut the fukk up

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
toolkit>>>>:whistle:

its needed just in case you soft brick your phone or want to safely flash new radios

What did I tell you about trying to drop knowledge in android threads you dumb ass nikka? you're gonna make someone fukk up their phone.

Use the toolkit to flash a permanent CWM then quit using it. You don't even need the toolkit to flash a custom recovery, just download ROM Manager from the Play Store then flash the latest recovery... it's painless. Once you do that you have no need for the toolkit. Everything else can be done on the phone.