Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
You know whats one thing i fukin HATE about the play store , why cant we delete unused/unwanted apps from the my apps list or at least organized that shyt into installed/uninstalled and if i do look at a app half way down the list of about 100 + apps and i press the back button why start me from the top of the list again?

I hate the play store. They need to redo it to be a little more intuitive.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
brehs I want to :eat: on one of these new phones. Still rocking OG Evo, upgrade due in Sept., but I am thinking I may as well wait for the next batch of phones. Any word on what those are going to be?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
say brehs...im new to all this obviously...but i used that nexus root toolkit (wugfresh)...im on jellybelly 3.8 right now (which is working real nice so far)..but lets say i wanted to flash to a different rom in the future...would i have to go through all the manual "wipe cache" etc etc before flashing the rom, or will the wugfresh nexus toolkit handle all of that extra stuff for me before i flash a rom? Let me know..thanks.

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
If I somehow manage to root my phone successfully

Would someone point me in the direction of the jelly bean rom for my Verizon nexus?

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
say brehs...im new to all this obviously...but i used that nexus root toolkit (wugfresh)...im on jellybelly 3.8 right now (which is working real nice so far)..but lets say i wanted to flash to a different rom in the future...would i have to go through all the manual "wipe cache" etc etc before flashing the rom, or will the wugfresh nexus toolkit handle all of that extra stuff for me before i flash a rom? Let me know..thanks.
What I normally do is check the instructions for the rom that I'm switching to. Some roms have different processes sometimes. Its always in the first post of that particular rom's thread.
If I somehow manage to root my phone successfully

Would someone point me in the direction of the jelly bean rom for my Verizon nexus?

Verizon Galaxy Nexus Android Development - xda-developers

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps

If the developer is decent it definitely should, but I'd suggest doing the manual wipes to make sure. Its a good habit and can prevent issues when going from ROM to ROM.

I'd also flash a Clockwork recovery so you can do it all from your phone. It's about 5 or 6 clicks for normal installs.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If the developer is decent it definitely should, but I'd suggest doing the manual wipes to make sure. Its a good habit and can prevent issues when going from ROM to ROM.

I'd also flash a Clockwork recovery so you can do it all from your phone. It's about 5 or 6 clicks for normal installs.
I see. The wugfresh toolkit actually goes into to "temporary cwm" ...which I assume is clockwork? I don't know it was my first time rooting so I don't know all the ins and outs yet.

I used the toolkit to unlock and root..then I went on to do the manual wipes just reading one of the posts. Then I got the android laying over with the exclamation mark. Then I noticed the toolkit actually had a button to do all the flashing of the ROM so I used that and everything worked fine. The thing is...that was the very first ROM install so I wasn't sure if I could do this over again without manually wiping everything.

When the time comes we'll see what happens I guess. The process is nerve racking to me...I changed my battery today and the Google logo with the unlock was on the screen for like 5 minutes before it went to the load screen...shyt had me scared cant front lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I see. The wugfresh toolkit actually goes into to "temporary cwm" ...which I assume is clockwork? I don't know it was my first time rooting so I don't know all the ins and outs yet.

I used the toolkit to unlock and root..then I went on to do the manual wipes just reading one of the posts. Then I got the android laying over with the exclamation mark. Then I noticed the toolkit actually had a button to do all the flashing of the ROM so I used that and everything worked fine. The thing is...that was the very first ROM install so I wasn't sure if I could do this over again without manually wiping everything.

When the time comes we'll see what happens I guess. The process is nerve racking to me...I changed my battery today and the Google logo with the unlock was on the screen for like 5 minutes before it went to the load screen...shyt had me scared cant front lol

Make sure you have at least one Nandroid backup so you can always have a fallback plan.

When switching roms (from different devs) you almost always have to clear cache.

I always clear data/factory reset, clear cache and clear dalvik cache before flashing. Use titanium backup to back up your stuff on the old rom. You can be back up and running within 5 minutes of signing into Google on a new rom.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps

So you got to root? Sounds like it.

I have been rooting phones since the G1 and I still don't understand why the fukk you are so scared about all of this shyt :wtf:

You do realize that only complete dumbasses who don't follow instructions brick their phones right? Hell in fact its HARD to completely brick it.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps

I have been rooting phones since the G1 and I still don't understand why the fukk you are so scared about all of this shyt :wtf:

You do realize that only complete dumbasses who don't follow instructions brick their phones right? Hell in fact its HARD to completely brick it.
ive never even came close ....all you gotta do is read everything and not flash shyt with no comments :heh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

For one..before I never had a real reason to root.

2nd...the main reason was because so many versions come out before everything is working right...over BEEN on xda for awhile just reading and reading and i always see stuff about WiFi not working...or Bluetooth...GPS...etc....always something not working right and I never was so hype to root to where I'd sacrifice certain things and depend on the developer to fix these problems in the future. I never understood how people would want to root so bad to where they'd live with some of things not working...that was never me.

I rooted this time because a full working jelly bean that was stable was available...with all the essential features working right when I'm ready to root.

With that being said...there is definitely room to fukk up because I already did during the process...I just fixed it afterwards. That doesn't mean I'm a "idiot" that just means there was a hole in my research regarding my make and model that I missed that wasn't clarified clearly in the post I got the info from...which was updated after the fact.

It back to the post..I didn't do a nandroid back up...the o my thing i used was wugfresh toolkit and I backed up files using it as well. I followed everything within the toolkit step by step for everything. There's was no mention of nandroid back up. In the actual toolkit it had buttons for flashing ROMs using "temp. Cwm" ...this is what I used to flash the rom.

I already feel like I missed something that will fukk me up when it comes to flashing a different rom in the future. I'm just hoping the flash to stock and relock buttons within the toolkit will get me back to where I started when the ota update comes through Verizon.