Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes it does because:

You screwed it up, you idiot.

Lol you expect me to go back and forth you with childish insults? I'll pass.

I'll stick to other forums when it comes to "help" regarding this android stuff...apparently folks cant be new to this and want to learn without being "idiots" just because they don't know how to do everything straight from the jump...smh

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
For one..before I never had a real reason to root.

2nd...the main reason was because so many versions come out before everything is working right...over BEEN on xda for awhile just reading and reading and i always see stuff about WiFi not working...or Bluetooth...GPS...etc....always something not working right and I never was so hype to root to where I'd sacrifice certain things and depend on the developer to fix these problems in the future. I never understood how people would want to root so bad to where they'd live with some of things not working...that was never me.

I rooted this time because a full working jelly bean that was stable was available...with all the essential features working right when I'm ready to root.

With that being said...there is definitely room to fukk up because I already did during the process...I just fixed it afterwards. That doesn't mean I'm a "idiot" that just means there was a hole in my research regarding my make and model that I missed that wasn't clarified clearly in the post I got the info from...which was updated after the fact.

It back to the post..I didn't do a nandroid back up...the o my thing i used was wugfresh toolkit and I backed up files using it as well. I followed everything within the toolkit step by step for everything. There's was no mention of nandroid back up. In the actual toolkit it had buttons for flashing ROMs using "temp. Cwm" ...this is what I used to flash the rom.

I already feel like I missed something that will fukk me up when it comes to flashing a different rom in the future. I'm just hoping the flash to stock and relock buttons within the toolkit will get me back to where I started when the ota update comes through Verizon.

Like i said, look into getting a permanent clockworkmod recovery on your device. It has the nandroid options. After rooting and flashing your first rom, you shouldnt need your computer to flash a rom.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
For one..before I never had a real reason to root.

2nd...the main reason was because so many versions come out before everything is working right...over BEEN on xda for awhile just reading and reading and i always see stuff about WiFi not working...or Bluetooth...GPS...etc....always something not working right and I never was so hype to root to where I'd sacrifice certain things and depend on the developer to fix these problems in the future. I never understood how people would want to root so bad to where they'd live with some of things not working...that was never me.

I rooted this time because a full working jelly bean that was stable was available...with all the essential features working right when I'm ready to root.

With that being said...there is definitely room to fukk up because I already did during the process...I just fixed it afterwards. That doesn't mean I'm a "idiot" that just means there was a hole in my research regarding my make and model that I missed that wasn't clarified clearly in the post I got the info from...which was updated after the fact.

It back to the post..I didn't do a nandroid back up...the o my thing i used was wugfresh toolkit and I backed up files using it as well. I followed everything within the toolkit step by step for everything. There's was no mention of nandroid back up. In the actual toolkit it had buttons for flashing ROMs using "temp. Cwm" ...this is what I used to flash the rom.

I already feel like I missed something that will fukk me up when it comes to flashing a different rom in the future. I'm just hoping the flash to stock and relock buttons within the toolkit will get me back to where I started when the ota update comes through Verizon.

Quit using the toolkit. The nexus is one of the easiest to devices to root/unlock and it's practically unbrickable. Just install the drivers and the Android SDK. Once the bootloader is unlocked and you've flashed permanent a custom recovery, flashing ANY ROM should take you no longer than 5 mins.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Quit using the toolkit. The nexus is one of the easiest to devices to root/unlock and it's practically unbrickable. Just install the drivers and the Android SDK. Once the bootloader is unlocked and you've flashed permanent a custom recovery, flashing ANY ROM should take you no longer than 5 mins.

toolkit>>>>:whistle:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
The battery for the GSM unlocked Nexus is ass..

The strongest I can find is a 2000 MAH Samsung battery for 48 bucks..:dwillhuh:

Anybody got any suggestions?

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
The battery for the GSM unlocked Nexus is ass..

The strongest I can find is a 2000 MAH Samsung battery for 48 bucks..:dwillhuh:

Anybody got any suggestions?

Get a GS3 :lolbron: Yo I be tryin to kill this fukkin battery & I still get 24 + Hrs.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
toolkit>>>>:whistle:

:rudy: for something as simple and routine flashing a rom? I could see needing it rooting, unrooting and recovering from a major error. Without a permanent recovery on your phone, you're tied /dependent on a computer for everything

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a quick question. Is there any way I can check if I have permanent clockwork mod on my phone by going through...for example...es file explorer and looking? If I check by booting into fastboot and selecting recovery...if its not there...and i reboot...will it boot back up fine where it was before?

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
reboot into recovery from your power menu if your rom has it. or reboot then hold down both volume button and power button at the same time. u should have recovery mod already installed

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Lol you expect me to go back and forth you with childish insults?

I don't expect you to do anything. I typically drop my two cents and try to K.I.M. You've been puffing yourself up as some knowledgeable Android user for a long time now and it turns out you don't know much, as many of us already knew. :smugdraper:

Not to mention you think gaining root is something that will kill your phone. :snoop: It is just an escalation of privileges.

I'll stick to other forums when it comes to "help" regarding this android stuff...apparently folks cant be new to this and want to learn without being "idiots" just because they don't know how to do everything straight from the jump...smh

Good riddance. We could do with more people who follow directions, unlike yourself.