South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
Ok, so I just picked up my S3 yesterday. Upgraded from Evo4g, best phone I ever had, but it seems this will replace it shortly.

A couple questions.

First, I've noticed how beastly this battery was. I evo was :hovscust: status, but I dont even need to charge this phone during the day. How beneficial is it to root the phone then?

Also, I always just used the fresh evo roms before, haven't rooted in about 9 months. If I do root, whats the best roms to currently use.

I also have always preferred Launcher Pro for the scrolling app dock. Is that still the best option or is there something better.

And whats the best browser currently out? I always fukked with Dolphin. I see Chrome is out, is that better. Chrome seems like getting to bookmarks is a pain in the ass.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Best browser is probably Dolphin. Chrome is good for anything that does'nt use flash.

I think there might be working CM10 JB ROM for the SG3 right about now or at least a CM9 one

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Props...shyt for that price I'm thinking about copping a 8 gig and just waiting to cop the 16 gig once it becomes available again and just give my wife the 8 gig....

8 gigs should be fine , unless you going to have 2 or 3 large movies on you most the time . As far as music goes you can use google music to store 20,00k songs on there , if you in a wifi area its perfect outside of wifi you would have to tether which could be a pain depending on your data plan.

The Nex 7 is hands down the best android tablet out right now and the second best tablet period. Spec wise its right up there with the ipad in most things minus screen size , not a ounce of lag on it. The battery is pretty good am heavy user on its for at least 6 hours a day surfing,music,movies,netflix , games etc and i can go 2 days without charging. Plus being the first official pure google backed tablet you know its gonna have top level support from them as far as future updates and apps

Am do a more in depth review on it on my podcast this week geekset.podomatic.combut yea for $200-$250 you cant beat it

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
And how in the fukk do I turn off this data roaming message? I tried turning off roaming guard, didn't help...

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
And Launcher Pro still legit? Or should I use something else for the rolling app dock? I need that in my life.

if your on ICS Apex is the shyt. Nova is good too.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You know whats one thing i fukin HATE about the play store , why cant we delete unused/unwanted apps from the my apps list or at least organized that shyt into installed/uninstalled and if i do look at a app half way down the list of about 100 + apps and i press the back button why start me from the top of the list again?