Official 2024 Oscars Thread

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Nolan is a lock. Downey is a lock. It's a two woman race between Lily and Emma. Oppenheimer might win a majority of it's nominations.

Not that surprised at Margot getting snubbed. No Gerwig for director is a surprise, especially Ferrera's nom.

It really would've been a blow to Cooper (and his ego) if only Mulligan got a nomination for Maestro. Maybe they did it for his sanity, who knows.

Kinda thought Penelope Cruz would slide in for actress.

No Mario or Ninja Turtles for best animated?!

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Iron Claw came out too “late” it wasn’t given a proper festival run to campaign itself or the actors the “organic” way.
Color purple came out even later.

A24 simply had too many movies and zone of interest and or past lives took it's spot

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Hollywood doing everything it can to prop up decent, but not amazing movies just because they have non-white actors in it.

That's what's happening with Past Lives. It's what happened with Everything Everywhere All At Once. And it's what happened with Parasite.
Parasite won everything all over the world. It was one of the highest rated movies from a critic darling director.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Nolan is a lock. Downey is a lock. It's a two woman race between Lily and Emma. Oppenheimer might win a majority of it's nominations.

Not that surprised at Margot getting snubbed. No Gerwig for director is a surprise, especially Ferrera's nom.

It really would've been a blow to Cooper (and his ego) if only Mulligan got a nomination for Maestro. Maybe they did it for his sanity, who knows.

Kinda thought Penelope Cruz would slide in for actress.

No Mario or Ninja Turtles for best animated?!

Everybody keeps acting like Cooper is this conceited arrogant a$$hole obsessed with awards but the dude seems to have a great reputation in the industry and i’ve never seen him be anything but gracious in defeat. I don’t know where it came from that dude is just salivating at the mouth like a rabid dog for awards

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Everybody keeps acting like Cooper is this conceited arrogant a$$hole obsessed with awards but the dude seems to have a great reputation in the industry and i’ve never seen him be anything but gracious in defeat. I don’t know where it came from that dude is just salivating at the mouth like a rabid dog for awards
I honestly don't know where it started but somewhere around A Star Is Born he seems to have gotten this reputation of really wanting an Oscar. I know I've personally joked in the past about him wanting to be the next Redford but it's seems to have amplified with Maestro.