Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
9 points and 5 turnovers for the defense. We got something special.

Loved how Glenn never called off the man coverage. Loved seeing some growth from Terrion, Rakestraw getting some reps, and Alim/Reader/Levi dominating. Also gotta say Amik Robertson has been playing really well recently.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Loved how Glenn never called off the man coverage. Loved seeing some growth from Terrion, Rakestraw getting some reps, and Alim/Reader/Levi dominating. Also gotta say Amik Robertson has been playing really well recently.
All he needed was talent. I’m glad we stayed patient with him.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, Holmes has been playing it safe for years. It makes sense when you're still building towards something but this team is ready to win right now.

I wasn't happy about him sitting on his hands last year at the deadline and their defense paid the price in the title game. I was calling for him to be proactive before this injury. It will be inexcusable if he does nothing this year.

The team has a clean cap situation and Crosby has a declining salary going forward. Make the fukking trade.

Are you trading multiple 1sts for Crosby, because that's probably what it's going to take.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Only a broken tibia for Hutch. He lucked out. Out for year but only 6-9 month recovery time and its not supposed to effect him long term

Feels like a massive bullet dodge because it looked way worse. Timeline I keep seeing is 6-9 months which would be right around when training camp starts next year.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Of course. That's a no brainer trade, especially when Holmes is constantly finding guys in later rounds.

Yea...I'm not doing that. Especially not with multiple draft class contract windows coming up. We were just talking about reinforcing the o-line going forward, the possibility of guys like Kerby Joseph pricing himself out of our range, etc...nah. I want that draft ammo.

I think Trey Hendrickson could be gotten for less (2nd rounder). I wouldn't mind that for a one year rental.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Yea...I'm not doing that. Especially not with multiple draft class contract windows coming up. We were just talking about reinforcing the o-line going forward, the possibility of guys like Kerby Joseph pricing himself out of our range, etc...nah. I want that draft ammo.

I think Trey Hendrickson could be gotten for less (2nd rounder). I wouldn't mind that for a one year rental.
I don't care about the future. This team can win this season. That is all that matters.

Someone is going to get injured every season. Having depth like they do and a clean cap situation allows for filling in the gaps when guys go down.

This is an emergency situation. They cannot punt a second straight deadline.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I don't care about the future. This team can win this season. That is all that matters.

Someone is going to get injured every season. Having depth like they do and a clean cap situation allows for filling in the gaps when guys go down.

This is an emergency situation. They cannot punt a second straight deadline.
Agreed. If you think this is the year you go in. Goff could get hurt next year or fall off a cliff. Same with any other star. NFC wide open. Don’t get cheap.