Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Agreed. If you think this is the year you go in. Goff could get hurt next year or fall off a cliff. Same with any other star. NFC wide open. Don’t get cheap.
I get what you’re saying by making a move to go all in but Goff could get hurt the week we give up 2 firsts. Where would that leave us?

I say we keep our options open to see what we look like without hutch. I doubt we need a player like Crosby to compete for a SB.

We need health, like every other team that makes it deep in the offs.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I don't care about the future. This team can win this season. That is all that matters.

Someone is going to get injured every season. Having depth like they do and a clean cap situation allows for filling in the gaps when guys go down.

This is an emergency situation. They cannot punt a second straight deadline.

That just seems like a bad move. You're betting the farm on winning the SB when it's not a guarantee. And if you fail, which - lets be honest - is most likely, you go into next season worse off. To me the best options...

Most expensive I'm willing to go: Trey Hendrickson, 2nd round pick, likely a rental (I doubt we'd re-sign him)

Moderately expensive: Hasaan Reddikk. Dunno what the Jets want but they may be willing to take anything in a couple weeks.

Least expensive: Yannick Ngakoue. He's on the Ravens practice squad and would essentially be free, assuming he'd even want to come here.

Crosby makes no sense and "I don't care about the future" doesn't work when you're literally blowing up multiple 2025 priorities.

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
We got 3 more weeks before the trade deadline. Alot can happen before then. We not trading for Crosby tomorrow.

Obviously let's see how we play without Hutchinson. Next week against Minnesota with a good offensive line will be a huge test.

Crosby should be number 1 on the list followed by Hendricks

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Goff track record pretty proven at this point breh. Stop the trolling.
Proven of what? U talk like he some elite QB with MVPs and Pro Bowls the past 9 years :dead:

Love has more TDs and he missed 2 games this year :dead:

Stop trolling acting like Goff is the only good QB in the division. U were wrong last year and u carrying that shyt hottake this year :unimpressed:

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Proven of what? U talk like he some elite QB with MVPs and Pro Bowls the past 9 years :dead:

Love has more TDs and he missed 2 games this year :dead:

Stop trolling acting like Goff is the only good QB in the division. U were wrong last year and u carrying that shyt hottake this year :unimpressed:
#1 pick. Multiple deep playoff runs with separate teams. Goff solid not spectacular QB. He’s a top 10 QB in todays NFL. Perfect passer rating 2 weeks in row now after slow start

Goff won the division right? Love hasn’t played enough to say anything yet. Half a good season and injured and inconsistent this year. Love has more TDs because Lions have two RBs that are TD machines. Darnold was a bust turned journeyman and Williams is a rookie with a terrible oline. Goff is still the bar for the division until proven otherwise

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
That just seems like a bad move. You're betting the farm on winning the SB when it's not a guarantee. And if you fail, which - lets be honest - is most likely, you go into next season worse off. To me the best options...

Most expensive I'm willing to go: Trey Hendrickson, 2nd round pick, likely a rental (I doubt we'd re-sign him)

Moderately expensive: Hasaan Reddikk. Dunno what the Jets want but they may be willing to take anything in a couple weeks.

Least expensive: Yannick Ngakoue. He's on the Ravens practice squad and would essentially be free, assuming he'd even want to come here.

Crosby makes no sense and "I don't care about the future" doesn't work when you're literally blowing up multiple 2025 priorities.
I just can't get with this line of thinking. :hubie:

This team was up 24-7 at the half of the NFC Championship Game nine months ago. They are supposed to compete for a Super Bowl right now. Until they win one, planning for a five year window doesn't make sense. shyt changes WAY too quickly in the NFL to think that way UNLESS you've already won one and/or have an elite QB (Mahomes, Lamar, Allen).

Sure, they could play it safe, try to maximize their cap space/picks and hope everything falls perfectly for him. But what happens if Branch gets injured next year or Goff? Maybe St. Brown and LaPorta are banged up all season and never right.

As a contending team, you can't avoid trying because you might not win it all.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
#1 pick. Multiple deep playoff runs with separate teams. Goff solid not spectacular QB. He’s a top 10 QB in todays NFL. Perfect passer rating 2 weeks in row now after slow start

Goff won the division right? Love hasn’t played enough to say anything yet. Half a good season and injured and inconsistent this year. Love has more TDs because Lions have two RBs that are TD machines. Darnold was a bust turned journeyman and Williams is a rookie with a terrible oline. Goff is still the bar for the division until proven otherwise
:mjlol:

You running with that fake narrative where Love played good half a season :dead:

Winning the division doesnt make u the best qb. What kind of ESPN take is that? Yea Goff was so good those "deep playoffs"( he has 4 playoff wins in his entire career :mjlol: ) the Rams decided to trade him and then they won the SB :dead:

Delusional. No one is taking Goff over Love

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Heard Adam Schefter on ESPN say the Raiders aren't thinking about trading Crosby to anyone for multiple 1s. Sounds like the Browns aren't trading Garrett either. Makes sense. Imagine if last season we under performed and were 2-3 right now, with Goff injured or something. Would we be shopping a healthy Hutch? Of course not.

Cincy winning last night prob kills the Hendrickson odds. They got some very winnable games coming up (Browns, Eagles) and could be .500 in a couple weeks.

Another guy who played last night: Azeez Ojulari from the Giants. Entering his contract year, Giants have already extended Brian Burns and will likely try to extend Kayvon Thibodeaux (who just went on IR). Assuming the Giants keep losing they may be open to it.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

Heard Adam Schefter on ESPN say the Raiders aren't thinking about trading Crosby to anyone for multiple 1s. Sounds like the Browns aren't trading Garrett either. Makes sense. Imagine if last season we under performed and were 2-3 right now, with Goff injured or something. Would we be shopping a healthy Hutch? Of course not.

Cincy winning last night prob kills the Hendrickson odds. They got some very winnable games coming up (Browns, Eagles) and could be .500 in a couple weeks.

Another guy who played last night: Azeez Ojulari from the Giants. Entering his contract year, Giants have already extended Brian Burns and will likely try to extend Kayvon Thibodeaux (who just went on IR). Assuming the Giants keep losing they may be open to it.

The Raiders should trade him but they are so dysfunctional and inept it doesn't surprise me they're saying no right now. They haven't even dealt Adams yet. I would still badger them daily about Crosby though.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The Raiders should trade him but they are so dysfunctional and inept it doesn't surprise me they're saying no right now. They haven't even dealt Adams yet. I would still badger them daily about Crosby though.
If you're them you don't open trade talks playing anything but hardball.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Hendrickson or Reddikk would be great if we could pull it off