Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI

I'm shocked Alim signed early because if he does what I think he's gonna do (get 8+ sacks this season) he could have really driven his demands up. Shows he really wanted to be here. Win for the culture.

Well he just watched Hutch leg snap in half. Get your guaranteed money ASAP. Never know what can happen the next snap.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Fowler: I can think of a highly productive edge rusher who has averaged nearly 13 sacks per season since 2020, a player who hasn't been on the field all season because he's disgruntled with his current team out of the greater New Jersey area. Haason Reddikk would be an obvious player the Lions can inquire about, and I've been told they have reached out. Reddikk's recent hiring of agent Drew Rosenhaus, who is known for getting deals done expeditiously, could improve his chances of either staying with the Jets or facilitating a trade. Multiple teams have long believed the Jets have no choice but to cut ties eventually, and Detroit would be smart to at least attempt a deal.

Graziano: I agree and expect the Lions to be aggressive. They have plenty of cap space to absorb incoming contracts as needed, and they have the loftiest of goals. They don't have a third-round pick in 2025, which is a potential problem in doing deals, but they'll try hard to solve this problem. The problem is the availability of high-end talent at a position where every team is always looking to add.

Much of what I've heard after the Rosenhaus news broke indicated that a Reddikk/Jets deal could happen pretty soon, but people I talked to Tuesday wonder if the Davante Adams trade makes it more likely Reddikk gets moved to another team. Detroit would make the most sense.

---------------------

I wonder if Reddikk is like a true desperate move since he's not good in the run game. Part of the reason James Houston is exiled is because he doesn't set the edge enough or drop into coverage and Reddikk would be the same situation (but with superior pass rush). But given the lack of enthusiasm the coaching staff had for Houston even during his 8 sack performance...I don't know.

Last edited:

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Random but I just saw on FS1 that since Aaron Rogers has

Fowler: I can think of a highly productive edge rusher who has averaged nearly 13 sacks per season since 2020, a player who hasn't been on the field all season because he's disgruntled with his current team out of the greater New Jersey area. Haason Reddikk would be an obvious player the Lions can inquire about, and I've been told they have reached out. Reddikk's recent hiring of agent Drew Rosenhaus, who is known for getting deals done expeditiously, could improve his chances of either staying with the Jets or facilitating a trade. Multiple teams have long believed the Jets have no choice but to cut ties eventually, and Detroit would be smart to at least attempt a deal.

Graziano: I agree and expect the Lions to be aggressive. They have plenty of cap space to absorb incoming contracts as needed, and they have the loftiest of goals. They don't have a third-round pick in 2025, which is a potential problem in doing deals, but they'll try hard to solve this problem. The problem is the availability of high-end talent at a position where every team is always looking to add.

Much of what I've heard after the Rosenhaus news broke indicated that a Reddikk/Jets deal could happen pretty soon, but people I talked to Tuesday wonder if the Davante Adams trade makes it more likely Reddikk gets moved to another team. Detroit would make the most sense.

---------------------

I wonder if Reddikk is like a true desperate move since he's not good in the run game. Part of the reason James Houston is exiled is because he doesn't set the edge enough or drop into coverage and Reddikk would be the same situation (but with superior pass rush). But given the lack of enthusiasm the coaching staff had for Houston even during his 8 sack performance...I don't know.

If you look for him, you’ll see Houston gets on the field. The issue is he doesn’t make an impact. I only know he plays cuz I look for his number. He’s not who we thought he was. We can’t assume Reddikk will end up in the doghouse based on Houston.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
If you could choose between Crosby and Garrett who are you guys taking? To me, you can’t go wrong with either but I’m going Garrett. I feel Crosby and Hutch are two similar. Garrett gives us a different look.

In response to the tweet: anyone but Chase Young.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
If you could choose between Crosby and Garrett who are you guys taking? To me, you can’t go wrong with either but I’m going Garrett. I feel Crosby and Hutch are two similar. Garrett gives us a different look.

In response to the tweet: anyone but Chase Young.
Definitely Garrett even though he might be on the downswing as he's a couple years older.

Cleveland's such a mess. They gotta make that call and start rattling the cage. His cap hit is around $20 million through 2026 as well which is a bargain for his production. Him and Hutch on the same line the next two years would be :picard:

I bet he'd be thrilled to get out of that shytshow and play for a real organization.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I'm not crazy about the Reddikk idea unless it's a late pick. He hasn't played yet and who knows what kinda shape he's in. Why the fukk is he holding out as a 30 year old? When was the last time that worked out for anybody? Which guys have continued to produce afterwards?

It sounds like the Jets offered him a fair contract and he still wanted more. Why would the Lions bring that headache in? He's still gonna wanna get paid.

Garrett and Crosby are already locked down. If you're gonna make a splash, go all-in for one of those two, not Reddikk.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I'm not crazy about the Reddikk idea unless it's a late pick. He hasn't played yet and who knows what kinda shape he's in. Why the fukk is he holding out as a 30 year old? When was the last time that worked out for anybody? Which guys have continued to produce afterwards?

It sounds like the Jets offered him a fair contract and he still wanted more. Why would the Lions bring that headache in? He's still gonna wanna get paid.

Garrett and Crosby are already locked down. If you're gonna make a splash, go all-in for one of those two, not Reddikk.
I’m not crazy about it either but I’d take him over young. Young might be good but I know he’s sometimesy

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I’m not crazy about it either but I’d take him over young. Young might be good but I know he’s sometimesy
I still feel like Garrett could be had for the right price. Cleveland is going nowhere for the next couple years because of Watson. His regular cap hit is $72+ million and his dead cap hit doesn't even make sense ($172 million next year and $99 million the next!).

As an organization, it makes sense for them to tank the next couple years and be ready to go in 2027. Why keep Garrett when his value will be highest right now?

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I still feel like Garrett could be had for the right price. Cleveland is going nowhere for the next couple years because of Watson. His regular cap hit is $72+ million and his dead cap hit doesn't even make sense ($172 million next year and $99 million the next!).

As an organization, it makes sense for them to tank the next couple years and be ready to go in 2027. Why keep Garrett when his value will be highest right now?
You’re preaching to the choir. He’s the only player available that I’d be willing to go all in for. He makes too much sense for us. He’s only 28.

Hopefully, Cleveland see it your way.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Definitely Garrett even though he might be on the downswing as he's a couple years older.

Cleveland's such a mess. They gotta make that call and start rattling the cage. His cap hit is around $20 million through 2026 as well which is a bargain for his production. Him and Hutch on the same line the next two years would be :picard:

I bet he'd be thrilled to get out of that shytshow and play for a real organization.
Crazy that only a few years ago there’s no way we would refer to Detroit as a real organization.

Sam Cooke was right, a change did come :wow:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

The big problem with Reddikk is that the Eagles trade had a stipulation that if he is traded to an NFC team, the Jets have to send a 2026 2nd round pick to Philly. I'd be surprised if they traded him to us, San Fran or any NFC team due to that. Unless an NFC team just overpays to neutralize that pick loss.

Mark Davis said today that the Raiders won’t trade Crosby. No national people think Garrett is being traded either. I think it’s gonna be Zadarius Smith, Arden Key or the Giants guy, Ojulari.