Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
images%2FvoltaxMediaLibrary%2Fmmsport%2Fsi%2F01j5vf8v4yyj7t7ss7p6.jpg

Picked to win the Super Bowl. I never thought I’d see the day.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The article is dope too.

How we feeling yall. I feel really good. Overall depth seems as good as it can be in many if not most spots. Doesn't mean injuries can't fukk us in some areas but that's every team. If CMC goes down for the Niners, they're fukked - just like if Amon Ra goes down for us, we're fukked. That's just the reality for every team if your elite guys go down. The important thing to me is that we filled our biggest hole - the secondary - and the defensive line also improved. We got CBs who can play man, finally. Sounds like Hutch and Alim have taken another step, and everyone is saying Levi looks great/healthy.

Offense wise I have no concerns. If Jamo is as good as advertised during training camp it unlocks another level for Goff.

First game against the Rams will be a perfect test for to see if the defense has improved because Stafford torched us in the playoffs. Sure the defense didn't give up many points and stopped the Rams enough to win but casually giving up 300+ yards to every decent QB we play shouldn't be the norm this season.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The new unis looked great yesterday. That blue really pops and they're much closer to the classic Barry joints. Think I might cop me a couple of them for gamedays, especially when they come down here to get revenge on them fukk ass cowboys.
Funny. My mom was just talking about going to that game. I’m still on the fence.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Barring injuries, my expectation this season is Super Bowl. :yeshrug:
:whoa: I'm not saying a Super Bowl isn't possible I'm just saying I don't expect that. Last year fans would have been happy with a playoff win and got more than that. Baby steps. If they make it back to the conference championship game I'd be pleased.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

In reference to Campbell saying a few days ago that it'll be tough to evaluate whether Houston has done enough to make the team. I'm just baffled at the way this guy is treated. Sure you can say he was injured last year and didn't do much of anything in the 3 games he played. But I'm not aware of any NFL teams that casually dismiss a guy who had 8 sacks while showing borderline elite bend because he can't drop back into coverage on passing plays. This team does not have enough proven pass rushers to convince me that they don't need Houston. And he's clearly still capable of playing, as we saw Saturday...

I think there's a clear disconnect between Holmes and Campbell (and Glenn). Holmes sees a pass rusher, whereas Campbell and Glenn constantly seem to want to put Houston in weird/bad positions so they can prove he's not the guy. Given how much we're invested in Marcus Davenport staying healthy - something he hasn't done in years - surely having another pass rusher in the wings is a good thing right lol. This is so weird to me.

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Piff Perkins
I don't get it as well. There's a spot on the team for a situational pass rusher. Hell, they should more concerned if he can hold up in run defense before throwing him out in coverage.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

If he can stay healthy that's a very impressive pick up.

Really good roster. Couple special teams guys that seem repetitive to me but overall I think we're set. Surprised James Mitchell got cut, never seemed like he got the opportunities.

Easy to see the vision for Giovanni Manu now. He improved in each preseason game, he looks massive, and if he pans out he replaces Taylor Decker in a couple years. Looking at defense...if both Terrion and Rakestraw are legit, I'd imagine we let Carlton Davis walk at the end of the season and roll with them. Two starting CBs on rookie deals for the next 3-4 years would really unlock the next level of this team's winning window.