Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I've seen enough, I'm comfortable with Hooker being QB2 this year. Sudfield should be the practice squad emergency QB. He had a couple bad throws early but settled down and started making fast decisions.

Vaki looks legit out the backfield, running and receiving.

Isaiah Williams is clearly the best WR on the field in the preseason. But can he make the roster, given that he's a slot guy and we already have Amon Ra and Kalif? I assume we can't hide this guy on the practice team, he's looked so good that someone will snag him.

Backup o-line held up against the Chiefs 1st and 2nd defense.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
So do you think Campbell will go for it less now that he has a kicker that can be trusted?
I think he'll still go for it because that's the DNA of the team he has built. But Bates gives them more confidence on end of quarter/half/game drives where you just need to get some points before the clock hits zero.

Listened to a pre-game interview and Campbell said the injuries over the last week (Gibbs, Arnold, Rakestraw, Zeitler) aren't serious. Sounds like we've dodged a few bullets and just need to get through another season of practice and one more preseason game healthy to be at near 100% for the opener. I feel good. This is a really good team with a really good roster. I have zero concerns about the offense, just hope the o-line can hold up health wise. Defensively I could be drinking the kool aid but I think it's going to show massive improvements. We almost made it to the SB with bums playing cornerback...this team can really make some noise IF we can stay healthy.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I think he'll still go for it because that's the DNA of the team he has built. But Bates gives them more confidence on end of quarter/half/game drives where you just need to get some points before the clock hits zero.

Listened to a pre-game interview and Campbell said the injuries over the last week (Gibbs, Arnold, Rakestraw, Zeitler) aren't serious. Sounds like we've dodged a few bullets and just need to get through another season of practice and one more preseason game healthy to be at near 100% for the opener. I feel good. This is a really good team with a really good roster. I have zero concerns about the offense, just hope the o-line can hold up health wise. Defensively I could be drinking the kool aid but I think it's going to show massive improvements. We almost made it to the SB with bums playing cornerback...this team can really make some noise IF we can stay healthy.
Barring injuries, my expectation this season is Super Bowl. :yeshrug:

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
been telling yall about Jake “master” bates since the UFL. He was always the one
cam%27ron-pause.gif

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
I've seen enough, I'm comfortable with Hooker being QB2 this year. Sudfield should be the practice squad emergency QB. He had a couple bad throws early but settled down and started making fast decisions.

Vaki looks legit out the backfield, running and receiving.

Isaiah Williams is clearly the best WR on the field in the preseason. But can he make the roster, given that he's a slot guy and we already have Amon Ra and Kalif? I assume we can't hide this guy on the practice team, he's looked so good that someone will snag him.

Backup o-line held up against the Chiefs 1st and 2nd defense.
Sudfeld should be workin with Al bundy