Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Didn’t I keep telling yall they had to sign this nikka :mjlol:

He earned it

Check out this article from Detroit Free Press:

Detroit Lions to sign former Michigan Panthers kicker Jake Bates

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Didn’t I keep telling yall they had to sign this nikka :mjlol:

He earned it

Check out this article from Detroit Free Press:

Detroit Lions to sign former Michigan Panthers kicker Jake Bates

Honestly sounds like both Bates and the undrafted kicker we signed from Michigan (James Turner) are better than Badgley. It's just early minicamp shyt but the media reports said Turner was regularly hitting all his FGs while Badgley missed some longer ones.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Padded practice begins today. Sounds like standouts during the spring and last week's non-padded summer training camp days were Jamo, Terrion Arnold, Jack Campbell, and some others.

Also:

Only 31mil guaranteed, basically gives the Lions a couple years to find a replacement. I like it. Hopefully that person is already on the roster (Sorsdal or the rookie Manu).

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

If this is true :whoo:

Brad Holmes dont miss

:blessed:

Multiple o-lineman have said Levi has been out there beating the shyt out of people in camp. He was healthy last season but had to rebuild his body strength after missing so much time. Now he's healthy and has his strength and weight back.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Lions 4 man rush:

#9 in EPA/att (-0.05)
#7 in completion rate (63%)
#1 in YAC/completion (4.2)
#7 in 3rd down conv % (31%)

Lions 5+ man rush (blitz):

#32 in EPA/att (+0.35)
#32 in YPA (8.9)
#30 in YAC/completion (7.0)
#24 in 3rd down conv % (44%)

Some people were shytting on Aaron Glenn but he really had no choice but to start blitzing towards the end of the season, and the results were good in those final games. Iffy looked amazing, Branch had some nice blitzes too. We finally have the DBs to play more man, so I expect the blitz rate to go up and be more effective. Not having Jerry Jacobs and other bottom tier players on the outside anymore will work wonders.

Improved d-line play will also help. If Levi can stay healthy you can put him and Alim at DT, with Hutch and whoever else at DE on passing downs. DJ Reader isn't a bad inside rusher either, I just assume he'll be deployed more on running downs.