Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
A draft.

Didn’t think the lions would have a chance at Arnold.

Getting Rakestraw in the second was great too..wouldn’t of had a problem with him at 29…

Liked getting a project OT. Fraley is a top OL coach and he can sit and learn behind Sewell and Decker .

Idk about the Utah Safety/RB..didn’t watch them like that last year. During the Bleacher Report stream they referred to him as a “weapon” and talked about his route running . Might not be a pure RB .

Idk about Wingo but I liked the Mahogany pick . Would’ve been happy if they took him on the 4th…Obviously he dropped for a reason so I can’t be too hyped ———

I’m more worried about WR than DE depth…

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Still no kicker :beli:

Overall solid draft. Two potential starting CBs. Project T thats a physical freak and backup G that could be starter someday

Knew lions thought more of their edge players than fans do
I don't think it's as much that as it is they thought of other players in the draft as better options in the spots they were picking. This wasn't considered a particularly strong draft for edge rushers so my guess is the drafted players that they thought had a developable skillset enough to be solid roster contributors down the road. They at the position where they don't have to just draft for need and hope a player pans out, finally.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Holmes straight up saying the CB competition will be a blood bath during training camp. I love it. Few weeks ago my concern was that we were one injury to Carlton Davis or Emmanuel Moseley away from Vildor getting significant snaps again. Now he prob doesn't make the final roster. The depth is crazy and now we have some long term stability. You can only get by with one year rental vets for so long.

@FukkaPaidEmail I bet we sign a vet WR (DJ Chark still out there). But honestly I don't have many concerns at WR. Jamo is gonna be great, and DPJ can replicate a lot of Reynolds' production. Throw Chark in there for security and it's all good.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Just thinking about the development pick(s) this weekend with the OT and RB/S...perhaps the best way to think about those picks will depend on what we see from a couple developmental picks from 2023: Brodric Martin and Antoine Greene. I don't expect either to be stars, nor should anyone expect that. But after a full season of practice and a full offseason...they should be contributors to some level. Looking at the practice pics from the last week or two on the Lions website, Martin looks like he worked hard this offseason. He looks pretty in shape. At the least he should be able to play some snaps and give DJ Reader some rest. And if Antoine Greene shows anything at WR he can make some noise.

Also worth noting Donovan Peoples-Jones looks brolic as fukk right now. I think he's gonna do well and can replace Reynolds' production. Good hands, middle of the field routes. Do I think we sign another vet receiver? Sure. But we might have everything we need of DPJ and Greene take that next step.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Seeing concerns about WR but I don’t get it. Josh Reynolds was good but him leaving is not some major blow we have to address. DPJ is more than capable of replacing the 500-600 yard production Reynolds provided. He has great hands and can catch over the middle.

I fully expect Jamo to ball out. He was great against the Niners and seems fully bought in. Just need Ben Johnson to get him balls outside of just go routes and sweeps.

Also think Antoine Green is gonna step up. And I think a big reason he can step up is because he’ll have a better QB2 throwing him balls in practice. Hendon Hooker is gonna be slanging it and help develop guys who don’t get many first team reps in training camp.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Goff extended. 53 mil. Second highest-paid QB. I don't hate it :manny:, deals gonna look good in 4 years
They pretty much had to do this. The whole state of Michigan was calling his name.