Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
My bad yall lmao, just edited it. But anyway...yall gotta serve justice for the league against those frauds if they get that far. Salute.

Game wise I saw a lot of shyt to like from the defense going forward. With the guys we'll get back soon, it's not crazy to suggest this defense could give teams problems. Offense wise...I have no idea what to think. Watching Ben Johnson run the same delayed handoff up the middle to Gibbs multiple times last night had me feeling like @Regular_P lol. Utterly insane play calling and the fact that it didn't get scrapped after halftime is damning on the coaching staff.

But let me guess...Glenn is gonna receive most of the criticism this week because Lamb went off lol.
That 63 yard pass to Jamo was probably the most infuriating thing of the game. We've been begging for that all season and it worked. People who hype Ben Johnson don't watch Lions games.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Idk if y’all travel well or a lot of fans in the city but yall well represented in dis ho fr
It's both. We deep in the city and nikkas be making the trip for this game. Last year I would say there were probably more Detroit nikkas at Lava Cantina and Cigar international than Dallas nikkas, or at least bout 50/50. And nikkas been traveling even more cause the team winning and we ain't really experienced this. Mad muthafukkas seem to have a "Lions finally winning, Go Crazy" fund that they finally get to dip into.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
That 63 yard pass to Jamo was probably the most infuriating thing of the game. We've been begging for that all season and it worked. People who hype Ben Johnson don't watch Lions games.

Not only did it work, it worked under bad circumstances: Goff was being pressured, a lot, and still made the throw. So why couldn't we even try that on the dozens of examples where he was sitting back there with zero pressure over the last 16 games lol. Jamo has been playing well for at least 4-6 weeks. And Kalif can do that too btw. Just insane that we have two of the best speed guys in the league in Jamo and Gibbs yet have used them in such pedestrian ways for most of the season (in the passing game). Not gonna lie I'll be glad when he's gone next year. And I hope the next offense doesn't allow Goff to simply dictate what he wants (10-20 in routes to St Brown/LaPorta a game).

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So it will realistically be either the Packers or the Rams. If the Rams win its them. If the Rams lose the Packers are the only team that could take that 6th spot from them.

Looks like it will be the Rams for sure then. The 49ers game doesn't impact that team's seeding so they'll rest their guys most of If not all that game.

The Rams are a hot team. Could be tough. Which Goff shows up to that game? You'd think the best version with an axe to grind.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Lost a lot of confidence in Goff from that game
This was in a damn dome and the guy was out there throwing ducks
That second INT in particular was pitiful
As well as the last throw of the night, that was a successful conversion if he made a good throw

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Lost a lot of confidence in Goff from that game
This was in a damn dome and the guy was out there throwing ducks
That second INT in particular was pitiful
As well as the last throw of the night, that was a successful conversion if he made a good throw
Goff is good enough to win a Super Bowl with but clearly not reliable enough to be counted on to be the reason to win it.

They're going to have to double down on improving the defense. Needs to be a heavy focus going forward.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Goff can't operate against a decent man scheme. I think he's at 10 TDs and 12 INTs against man this year. He will dice a zone coverage all day behind that o-line though. That last drive against Dallas happened in large part because they dropped back into zone/prevent and he ate it up. We're prob resigning him and should be it just has to be understood there will always be a cap on how far we can go with him. This year it probably means winning 1 playoff game.

The Rams passing defense is as bad as ours so I think Goff would play very well against them at home. Could Stafford bury us? Sure but the pressure we can generate would prob win us that game. Stafford isn't that mobile anymore, I can def imagine that being a 4-5 sack game.

End of the day this isn't the Super Bowl but it feels like it's for all the marbles. If Goff cannot win at home against a weak Rams defense we're gonna have to have a conversation. Is he still gonna get an extension even if he shyts the bed? Yea probably. They'll base it on the overall performance over these two years, which has certainly been good. My only hope is this ends up as a 3 year deal at the most. I'd probably prefer 2 lol. If he balls out and we win a couple games then sure, different conversation can be had.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Goff can't operate against a decent man scheme. I think he's at 10 TDs and 12 INTs against man this year. He will dice a zone coverage all day behind that o-line though. That last drive against Dallas happened in large part because they dropped back into zone/prevent and he ate it up. We're prob resigning him and should be it just has to be understood there will always be a cap on how far we can go with him. This year it probably means winning 1 playoff game.

The Rams passing defense is as bad as ours so I think Goff would play very well against them at home. Could Stafford bury us? Sure but the pressure we can generate would prob win us that game. Stafford isn't that mobile anymore, I can def imagine that being a 4-5 sack game.

End of the day this isn't the Super Bowl but it feels like it's for all the marbles. If Goff cannot win at home against a weak Rams defense we're gonna have to have a conversation. Is he still gonna get an extension even if he shyts the bed? Yea probably. They'll base it on the overall performance over these two years, which has certainly been good. My only hope is this ends up as a 3 year deal at the most. I'd probably prefer 2 lol. If he balls out and we win a couple games then sure, different conversation can be had.
It the opposite. His numbers are great against man to man. Zone is when he’s throwing all those picks

Against man coverage this season, Goff has completed 71 of 124 passes for 837 yards, 547 air yards, eight touchdowns, no interceptions, and a passer rating of 99.4. Against zone coverage, Goff has completed 233 of 325 passes for 2,775 yards, 1,701 air yards, 13 touchdowns, all 10 of his interceptions, and a passer rating of 97.9. So, more explosive plays against zone, but also all of Goff’s interceptions, and there are some common threads here

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
It the opposite. His numbers are great against man to man. Zone is when he’s throwing all those picks

Against man coverage this season, Goff has completed 71 of 124 passes for 837 yards, 547 air yards, eight touchdowns, no interceptions, and a passer rating of 99.4. Against zone coverage, Goff has completed 233 of 325 passes for 2,775 yards, 1,701 air yards, 13 touchdowns, all 10 of his interceptions, and a passer rating of 97.9. So, more explosive plays against zone, but also all of Goff’s interceptions, and there are some common threads here

You got a link? I could have sworn he was struggling with man.

Regardless it's a prove it game. And I'd much rather play the Rams than Packers. BTW right now, if the Packers play the Cowboys? I'm taking the Packers.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
th
My dawg :buckSalute:

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
So it will realistically be either the Packers or the Rams. If the Rams win its them. If the Rams lose the Packers are the only team that could take that 6th spot from them.

Looks like it will be the Rams for sure then. The 49ers game doesn't impact that team's seeding so they'll rest their guys most of If not all that game.

The Rams are a hot team. Could be tough. Which Goff shows up to that game? You'd think the best version with an axe to grind.
I watched their game against New York. Their offensive line was allowing constant pressure to Stafford and Tyrod Taylor was picking their defense apart. I am absolutely terrified of that matchup because there will be a lot of demons present but they SHOULD beat the Rams if they play.