Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Goff can't operate against a decent man scheme. I think he's at 10 TDs and 12 INTs against man this year. He will dice a zone coverage all day behind that o-line though. That last drive against Dallas happened in large part because they dropped back into zone/prevent and he ate it up. We're prob resigning him and should be it just has to be understood there will always be a cap on how far we can go with him. This year it probably means winning 1 playoff game.

The Rams passing defense is as bad as ours so I think Goff would play very well against them at home. Could Stafford bury us? Sure but the pressure we can generate would prob win us that game. Stafford isn't that mobile anymore, I can def imagine that being a 4-5 sack game.

End of the day this isn't the Super Bowl but it feels like it's for all the marbles. If Goff cannot win at home against a weak Rams defense we're gonna have to have a conversation. Is he still gonna get an extension even if he shyts the bed? Yea probably. They'll base it on the overall performance over these two years, which has certainly been good. My only hope is this ends up as a 3 year deal at the most. I'd probably prefer 2 lol. If he balls out and we win a couple games then sure, different conversation can be had.
If Goof shyts the bed and Holmes/Campbell don't think Hooker will be ready to start next season, they could roll the dice and go after Cousins.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
If we play the nfc east winner they would host

One of those talking heads just posted

This isn't true. We have a home game secured. Hell, if Tampa Bay wins their division at 9-8 they will host one. If you win your division, you host.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Biggs getting cut or something? I don’t know how to post twitter links now but he’s saying goodbye to Detroit.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The Buggs thing is so weird. Signed deal after a good season, skipped OTAs against the coach's wishes, came into camp overweight, got banished down the depth chart, missed the first few games, got into an argument with Aaron Glenn, came back and played solid...now this. Just a wild fall from grace for a guy who seemingly found a new home. Reporters also insinuate odd stuff about his offseason. I remember him posting some weird tweets at the time, sounded like he was going through a relationship breakup with a chick or something.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI

Play Love or Stafford? :patrice:
Both have bad defenses. Rams WRs kind of scary against our secondary. But Love is mobile though. Think id rather face Packers.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

Play Love or Stafford? :patrice:
Both have bad defenses. Rams WRs kind of scary against our secondary. But Love is mobile though. Think id rather face Packers.

theres a real good chance the Niners are resting their starters too

CMC is already out and I dont see the reason to play Trent Williams, and if hes out you dont want Purdy there either....

so I think rams-49ers game is just gonna be mostly backups playing vanilla ball trying to not get banged up before the offs

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I'd rather play Stafford/Rams because it's a perfect storyline and he's not a mobile QB. Am I afraid of GB? No, especially not that defense. They beat us up on Thanksgiving but Jonah Jackson wasn't playing and it threw the entire o-line off.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Kerby and Melifonwu are playing well. Wonder how the rotation will be with CJ Gardner back. Maybe they should try Branch outside. I haven’t seen any speed deficiencies in actual games with him. And let CJ cover slot