Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We are really good bro, we're one of the best teams in the NFL brehs! Bros we can play with anybody, I truly believe that, and we're so resilient, someone gets hurt, the next man up steps up

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I think lions gonna be 1 seed. shyt would be crazy….
Looking at the schedules...Niners play the Bengals later this month, play the Seahawks twice, and play the Eagles. They're certainly good enough to win all those games but as today proved shyt don't go as planned all the time.

Eagles next few games...
Miami
@Washington
Dallas
@KC
Bills
SF
@dallas
@Seattle

Brutal stretch for a team that seems to be struggling. I can def see a path to the #1 seed, although I'd probably bet on the #2 seed more. At some point the injury thing has to subside right. We likely get Paschal, Gibbs, and Barnes back next week. Jonah Jackson too hopefully. Hopefully James Houston and Gardner-Johnson can come back in December or January.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
For those of us that have moved away from the state or somehow became a Lions fan not living in the state, you have no idea the ridicule we received for years. So, I think this all hits differently for us. For myself, I've never stopped wearing Lions gear or anything like that.

Me in 2013

Me in 2020

So when people would see us, they would snicker, crack jokes at our expense, talk about how we wasted the careers of Barry and Calvin, worst franchise in sports, etc. The thing is, the rubberbanding of hope or even parity never seemed to come around for us. When most of us were kids, the Cardinals and the Colts were trash too and we've seen them get to at least one super bowl game. We've seen the Saints win one, we've seen expansion teams reach higher peaks than us. It just simply never felt like it was ever going to be our turn.

Fast forward to this year, I don't know what will ultimately happen but even for 6 weeks in, they have given me more good vibes than any other time of my fandom for this football team. It isn't so much about the national media giving us respect, though that is great, it's about the fact that the team is holding themselves accountable and aren't killing themselves with dumb penalties, shooting themselves in the foot, basically living up to the #SOL credo. I wait for the other team to implode now. It's the fact that we seemingly have something that is sustainable and not trying to capture lightning in a bottle for a season. The Lions are 13-3 over their past 16 games. That is building towards sustained excellence. I expect to win now. That statement in itself is different for me to say. I expect to win because we aren't eeking out victories, we are putting teams in the dirt and burying them.

Lastly, I appreciate that Brad Holmes and Dan Campbell understands what this means for us, meaning the fanbase. There is a reason that we are taking over stadiums on the road. We've wanted something to believe in with this team for so long.

There is a reason why this man is all of a sudden posting Lions stuff. This year, it feels real, which it has never felt before in our lifetime.

I got shyt to do before I go to bed but brehs, damn it feels good to be a Lions fan tonight.

:blessed:

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI

Lions gonna have division clinched by thanksgiving at this rate.

Anzalone has been playing at elite level all year. And no drop off from CJGJ to Tracy Walker.

One of these pass rushers might be available at deadline. Id trade a first and something for Crosby, D Hunter or Burns. They can use another pass rusher at end. NFC is wide open. I have more faith in Goff than Philly and SF should have in their young QBs

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Utterly insane. This is like stuff you'd see on the college level.

Couple more games until the bye week, and man do we need it. On Thursday or Friday last week, Campbell said Gibbs and Branch were trending good so hopefully they'll be ready for Sunday. Def need Gibbs out there, with Montgomery presumably out.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

Lions gonna have division clinched by thanksgiving at this rate.

Anzalone has been playing at elite level all year. And no drop off from CJGJ to Tracy Walker.

One of these pass rushers might be available at deadline. Id trade a first and something for Crosby, D Hunter or Burns. They can use another pass rusher at end. NFC is wide open. I have more faith in Goff than Philly and SF should have in their young QBs

I am the #1 Anzalone hater on here but he's been balling lately. He's been making plays and getting after it. I'm utterly shocked but happy at the same time. Never thought I'd see it from him.