Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Lowest of keys, Goff should be one of the MVP favorites right now. They've had a lot of guys in and out of the lineup so far and the offense keeps humming along because of him.

blockburna420

Consecutive thumbs up
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I am the #1 Anzalone hater on here but he's been balling lately. He's been making plays and getting after it. I'm utterly shocked but happy at the same time. Never thought I'd see it from him.
Yea Thor was slow on reading the first game, every since he clutch on what ever coverage

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Man I'm watching some of the vids of Detroit reporters talking about the game and these people are trash. Very little football IQ, lots of generics and nonstop narratives. Just saw a Free Press guy talking about the Jamo TD but spending most of his time saying he was dropping passes in the pre game warm up session. Are you fukking kidding me? This dude goes out and gets a 45 yard TD on a non-perfect pass and you want to talk about pre game shyt? Jesus man.

We saw it last week. He steps on the field and CBs go deeper. Safeties shift. His mere presence on the field makes Amon Ra's job easier. It softens boxes for Montgomery. LaPorta had a rough game catch wise (prob due to lack of practice and coming off injury) but it's gonna result in him being wide open over the middle more. It creates space for Gibbs. In short, Jamo doesn't need a TD every game but you gotta take that shot like @Regular_P says.

Arguments about whether a former 12th pick should be the number one target or not is irrelevant to me. Him being on the field makes the team better, he's gonna improve and if this team can ever get Jamo/St Brown/Gibbs/Montgomery/LaPorta on the field together it's gonna be wild.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Man I'm watching some of the vids of Detroit reporters talking about the game and these people are trash. Very little football IQ, lots of generics and nonstop narratives. Just saw a Free Press guy talking about the Jamo TD but spending most of his time saying he was dropping passes in the pre game warm up session. Are you fukking kidding me? This dude goes out and gets a 45 yard TD on a non-perfect pass and you want to talk about pre game shyt? Jesus man.

We saw it last week. He steps on the field and CBs go deeper. Safeties shift. His mere presence on the field makes Amon Ra's job easier. It softens boxes for Montgomery. LaPorta had a rough game catch wise (prob due to lack of practice and coming off injury) but it's gonna result in him being wide open over the middle more. It creates space for Gibbs. In short, Jamo doesn't need a TD every game but you gotta take that shot like @Regular_P says.

Arguments about whether a former 12th pick should be the number one target or not is irrelevant to me. Him being on the field makes the team better, he's gonna improve and if this team can ever get Jamo/St Brown/Gibbs/Montgomery/LaPorta on the field together it's gonna be wild.
They need to get Jamo in a pass catching rhythm too. He's looked jittery to me besides that touchdown but right now, I take it as extreme nerves and excitement. The guy has barely played in two years because of injury and suspension. He's probably over-amped and REALLY wants to make something happen, especially with the limited amount of reps he's getting.

Draw up some plays for him early, get him involved, calmed down and feeling like a real part of the offense. Everybody else is established besides Gibbs but they need Jamo to push them to another level. Get him in the mix with WR screens, end arounds/reverses and a few deep throws each game.

Give him a chance to evolve into their Tyreek Hill.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

You can see Ray Agnew, Brad Holmes, Chris Spielman, and some other Lions org guys reacting to the plays in the other suite. Pretty cool.

Dan Miller's been calling games for quite a while now. He looks as excited as us about the team being good. I always liked him on the radio.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Rib injury for an RB gotta be hell. Maybe he miraculously feels better by Friday or Saturday but more than likely he's gonna be out. This is gonna be a game where we need our guys back. Gibbs has to play if he's healthy. Branch has to play if he's healthy (and Lamar Jackson will throw a ball right at him lol). We'll need Vaiti out there. Hopefully Jonah Jackson is back.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

As long as the Chargers don't flatline their next three games, I think that November 12th game in LA is gonna get flexed to Sunday night.

Jets/Raiders is the scheduled matchup and that is just :scust:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Look at that explosion and stop. If Goff throws an accurate ball that would have been a huge play, because at that point only a safety would stop him from getting to the endzone.

Getting closer and closer to the trade deadline. Most of the convo here has been DB or edge but I'm wondering...could RB be on the table? Titans are dangling Derrick Henry to playoff teams. Is that a good move, for insurance if Montgomery goes out again at some point between whenever he returns from the rib injury and week 17? It looks like we're gonna walk away with the NFC North but if we get to the bye week at 6-2 (or 7-1), all of a sudden we could be thinking about playoff seeding. And at that point, a banged up Montgomery missing another game or two could be the difference between the #1 seed and the #3 seed. Niners, Eagles, and Seahawks all have pretty rough schedules going forward. If we can take some of the burden off Montgomery, give carries to Henry and Gibbs, and ensure all three are healthy come December...

Granted, the flip side of this argument is screw that, we've got Gibbs and now is the time for him to play. You could keep Montgomery healthy simply by not giving him 25+ carries anymore. 20-24 for Montgomery, 10-18 for Gibbs.