Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

Look at that explosion and stop. If Goff throws an accurate ball that would have been a huge play, because at that point only a safety would stop him from getting to the endzone.

Getting closer and closer to the trade deadline. Most of the convo here has been DB or edge but I'm wondering...could RB be on the table? Titans are dangling Derrick Henry to playoff teams. Is that a good move, for insurance if Montgomery goes out again at some point between whenever he returns from the rib injury and week 17? It looks like we're gonna walk away with the NFC North but if we get to the bye week at 6-2 (or 7-1), all of a sudden we could be thinking about playoff seeding. And at that point, a banged up Montgomery missing another game or two could be the difference between the #1 seed and the #3 seed. Niners, Eagles, and Seahawks all have pretty rough schedules going forward. If we can take some of the burden off Montgomery, give carries to Henry and Gibbs, and ensure all three are healthy come December...

Granted, the flip side of this argument is screw that, we've got Gibbs and now is the time for him to play. You could keep Montgomery healthy simply by not giving him 25+ carries anymore. 20-24 for Montgomery, 10-18 for Gibbs.

I'd prefer to get Crosby but Henry wouldn't be crazy. The way his contract is, they could move on this offseason. :yeshrug:

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
I'd prefer to get Crosby but Henry wouldn't be crazy. The way his contract is, they could move on this offseason. :yeshrug:
Yeah, bring my fellow Eastern Eagle home. I would love him and Hutch as bookends. That shyt would be explosive. And it shouldn't cost a first to do it either if he's legit on the market.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

True. Basically I guess you can look at it like...what is the McCarthy move. Niners got CMC last season and it took that team to another level. Crosby would be that dude for us, but I also think Henry would be a smart 1 year rental if he's available for a 5th round pick.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Crosby young and in his prime and already signed. Gonna have to pay like you weigh. The need to go get Henry. Total package running back and he can block.
Yeah, bring my fellow Eastern Eagle home. I would love him and Hutch as bookends. That shyt would be explosive. And it shouldn't cost a first to do it either if he's legit on the market.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Crosby young and in his prime and already signed. Gonna have to pay like you weigh. The need to go get Henry. Total package running back and he can block.
I'm cool either way. Just love the idea of having Crosby on the opposite side and figure it would be less than what they were talking for Surtain if he's actually on the market.

Last edited:

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If we're talking trades, any terrible teams with a great kicker:mjgrin:? You just know Patterson wasnt going to make that 50 yarder againts the Bucs and Campbell shoud've punted it anyway because he doesnt trust him.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Gibbs, Branch, and Paschal back. Jerry Jacobs somehow injured his knee after practice yesterday and is questionable. If he doesn't play that means Will Harris prob starts....
:francis:

Can't wait to see Gibbs, Jamo, St Brown, and LaPorta on the field together. If the o-line can hold up against a very dangerous Ravens defense, we could see some big plays down field and in the middle.

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Gibbs, Branch, and Paschal back. Jerry Jacobs somehow injured his knee after practice yesterday and is questionable. If he doesn't play that means Will Harris prob starts....
:francis:

Can't wait to see Gibbs, Jamo, St Brown, and LaPorta on the field together. If the o-line can hold up against a very dangerous Ravens defense, we could see some big plays down field and in the middle.

Jacobs confirmed out, aloing with Charles Harris